The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Fonte out for approx 6-8mil and Sakho in for 12-15mil would be a pretty decent bit of January business really.

Don't get this Gabbiadini interest though, on paper he's bang average.

The asking price for Sakho will be somewhere around **20 million £, probably negociable slightly but as they love our hard ball negociating tactic when we'ere selling them players I think we can rule out anything less than about 18 million to us.

**It's in L'Equipe by the way.

I've only seen Sakho play for Liverpool and whilst he is physically imposing and a good athlete I've seen plenty of lapses of concentration which is a concern. He also plays like someone else is controlling his legs at times. He likes the pass the ball forward but that does also lead to mistakes (this is not much of a criticism as that is bound to happen when you pass the ball forwards so much).

Only other concern is that he got thrown out of Liverpool's pre-season tour after breaking his fourth rule or something like that. So not sure how he passes our 'character' criteria.

I think he would be a good player for us but he doesn't come without his baggage or deficiencies. But then again, if he didn't have them then he wouldn't come to us so swings and roundabouts.

Cheap punt that no doubt left a negative effect on the balance sheet though. Fee, agent's fee, salary, costs.

Probably cost us somewhere between 3 and 4 million at the end of the day for zero return. That sort of deal is why we have no money for real transfers. Gardos is the same, a total waste of money, he's probably cost us over 10 million so far and is just

not contributing anything. Big clubs can afford that sort of thing, they can always get a Chinese Noodle maker to fund their errors but ours come at the price of selling good players and replacing them with average ones.

We've no choice than to take a punt on players like this, some work out, some don't . If we only signed " premiership ready " players we'd might as well get Tony Pulis or Fat Sam in and become West Brom. I was in Malaga the summer we signed him & ex pats were raving about him, including a saints fan from Romsey. They were ST holders so saw him every other week and rated him highly. You don't get into the Spanish squad if you can't play. It didn't work out, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to attract nippers like this.

One last thought in light of what we know know about Koeman & nippers . It didn't work out, but did Koeman really give him a chance? Perhaps under Puel we may have ended up with the same result, but I can't help feeling he'd have had more chances and more time to develop. At least we'd have known he wasn't good enough after seeing him play, and not just coming on for 5 mins occasionally .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38573000

Can't see us forking out £20m - surely it'll be a loan?

All of his injuries have finally caught up with him and after his doping ban, Liverpool obviously consider him more trouble than he's worth, which is why they want to get rid of him, so they've got a bit of a cheek demanding that much.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mamadou-sakho/verletzungen/spieler/47713

The asking price for Sakho will be somewhere around **20 million £, probably negociable slightly but as they love our hard ball negociating tactic when we'ere selling them players I think we can rule out anything less than about 18 million to us.

**It's in L'Equipe by the way.

L'Equipe are pretty on the ball aren't they? Especially when it comes to French players? Can we read this as pretty definite we have made contact with Liverpool/Sakho?

L'Equipe are pretty on the ball aren't they? Especially when it comes to French players? Can we read this as pretty definite we have made contact with Liverpool/Sakho?

L'Equipe used to be straight from the stable sports news. Of late they've realised that there are papers, subscriptions and advertising to be sold with peddling garbage they've picked up from the Sun,the Star and their ilk.

One step above the Star when it comes to EPL "news" nowadays.

L'Equipe used to be straight from the stable sports news. Of late they've realised that there are papers, subscriptions and advertising to be sold with peddling garbage they've picked up from the Sun,the Star and their ilk.

One step above the Star when it comes to EPL "news" nowadays.

That's a shame, means that the reliable info will be chucked in with the gossip and no one is any the wiser.

If he is available for less than about £12m then we should be all over Berahino IMO.

He needs love but there is a class player there and its now risk given age, nationality and potential.

He's out of contract in the summer. They'll be lucky to get 5 million for him.

So Liverpool want 20 million pounds for a player that hasn't played for 8 months when they weren t even willing to pay 20 million for Lovren who had had a fantastic season with us.

If we end up paying that, we are complete amatures.

Have you heard of transfer inflation. The way football works transfers go up and up and up . Comparing fees from 3 years ago is pointless , but I guess it gives you the opportunity to moan about the club

Have you heard of transfer inflation. The way football works transfers go up and up and up . Comparing fees from 3 years ago is pointless , but I guess it gives you the opportunity to moan about the club

So I trust you think he is worth that then?

I don't moan just for the sake of moaning.

Boufal at the price we paid is a great deal for an up and coming player who has enormous potential.

When we paid 12m for Long at the time, I thought it was completely overpriced.

What we have here is a French international who failed a drug test, hasn't played for 8 months and was kicked out of Liverpool's pre season tour for behaviour issues.

If we were sensible enough we would negociate a loan deal with a view of making it permanent in the summer.

Paying 20 million is a smack of desperation and the complete opposite of Reed's comments of the January transfer window.

I personally don't think the club are stupid enough to pay that sum, but if they are God help us.

I have the priviledge of living in another country other than the UK, and From where I'm looking teams in England are paying way over the top for average players. Liverpool are taking the **** out of us and we'd be wise to look elsewhere if it non negociable.

So I trust you think he is worth that then?

I don't moan just for the sake of moaning.

Boufal at the price we paid is a great deal for an up and coming player who has enormous potential.

When we paid 12m for Long at the time, I thought it was completely overpriced.

What we have here is a French international who failed a drug test, hasn't played for 8 months and was kicked out of Liverpool's pre season tour for behaviour issues.

If we were sensible enough we would negociate a loan deal with a view of making it permanent in the summer.

Paying 20 million is a smack of desperation and the complete opposite of Reed's comments of the January transfer window.

I personally don't think the club are stupid enough to pay that sum, but if they are God help us.

I have the priviledge of living in another country other than the UK, and From where I'm looking teams in England are paying way over the top for average players. Liverpool are taking the **** out of us and we'd be wise to look elsewhere if it non negociable.

This. There's accounting for inflation and then there is being ripped off. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that we might not drive as hard a bargain on sales as some on here would have us believe, especially when you see what the big clubs get for their cast offs (Liverpool money back on Benteke, same with united and Morgan).

So Liverpool want 20 million pounds for a player that hasn't played for 8 months when they weren t even willing to pay 20 million for Lovren who had had a fantastic season with us.

That was £20m of old TV deal money

From wikipedia:

On 23 April 2016, it was announced that Sakho was being investigated by UEFA for violating an anti-doping rule, after he was tested on 17 March following a Europa League game against Manchester United. The club, along with Sakho, agreed that while UEFA were investigating, he would not be available for team selection. Five days later, after testing positive for a fat-burner, UEFA punished him with a 30-day ban from all European football, which FIFA extended to cover all world football. On 28 May 2016, the ban expired after the substance was found to not be in the banned substance list. On 8 July 2016, the case was dismissed by UEFA.

That could have just been endless passes back to the keeper and 5 yard passes to his fellow defenders...

I can verify that he can ping some 40/45 yard diagonals from time to time, also left footed so compliments vvd, strange and unconventional yet surprisingly effective with the ball too. I think its his frame and posture that makes him look clumsy.

But 18-20£? Seems very unlike Us and he's not young enough to develop and be sold for twice what we paid, he's 26/27 I think. But nonetheless would be pleased if we got him, defo an upgrade on fonte IMO.

If we're talking about Hull players I quite like the look of that Maquire. Admittedly , I've only seen him 2 or 3 times but he's done ok . Looks pretty quick and carries the ball into midfield well. Still young for a centre half as well.

I saw a couple of games of his when he was at Sheffield United. Thought he'd be a decent signing for us at the time, one for the future.

As for players outside the Prem currently, Lascelles at Newcastle would be a decent signing, as would Fulham's left back sensation Sessegnon if we ever sell Bertrand.

i know there is transfer fee inflation, but I simply don't see how Sahko can be worth more than Liverpool paid for him. I perhaps have not seen enough of him to make a good judgement, but he also looked very uncomfortable on the ball to me. Crucial position and one of the hardest to find truly top class players that can win headers and physical battles, but also have the pace and agility to stay with speedy tricky attackers.

excellent news we may add another technically sound but average short midfielder to our ranks.

This will compliment the best midfield options in the premier league anyway right les? FFS

Can't shoot? Excellent - sign here pal!

Hopefully bull****.

Does seem a bit light on goals doesn't he? He will fit in just fine!

I've got a discarded 1991 VW Golf in my garage, but I want 10 grand for it. Anyone?

£20M for Sakho now? They're havin a larff.

More bits from The Times:

- West Brom and Southampton have been offered Napoli forward Manolo Gabbiadini.

- Mamadou Sakho would consider an offer from Southampton in the next 48 hours as he looks to leave Liverpool. The French defender has also attracted interest from Swansea City, Seville and Galatasaray. Liverpool are seeking £20 million for the player, who was sent home from Liverpool’s pre-season tour to America. Liverpool are pondering a summer move for Bayer Leverkusen winger Julian Brandt.

The wording's thrown me off a bit. Is it that he's open to offers, but only if they're made in the next 48 hours?