Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Nothing much to gloat about over the scousers im afraid, we have a player that doesnt want to train with the first team and thus even play.

We dont sell now, but we do next January or May and so 'it still happens'.

Its a total mess with no winners.

I think that you probably need to appreciate the 'bigger picture' with regard to all of this. This is about much more than a player moving from one team to another.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Nothing much to gloat about over the scousers im afraid, we have a player that doesnt want to train with the first team and thus even play.

We dont sell now, but we do next January or May and so 'it still happens'.

Its a total mess with no winners.

Van Dyke made it crystal clear in his statement that he wasn't refusing to play or train.

A week after the deadline closes this will all be forgotten, just as it was with Schneiderlin and Wanyama.

He stays he plays.

He stays he doesn't play.

His choice.

His character will come under serious scrutiny if he continues to spit his dummy out.

I personally think he knuckles down and gets on with it.

I also feel it's never been half as bad as has been made out.

He wanted to go. We said no. He had a strop. I bet that is the grand total of what happened.

The media and the scousers have made up stuff almost hourly in an attempt to get their own way.

Van Dijk has obviously been briefed about the gorilla tactics but his hands will be clean to a certain extent.

A job well done SFC. First time in my supporting lifetime that we've dug our bloody feet in and said no.

A further sign, if any were needed, that it's not little old Saints anymore. (Well for now at least :) )

We did the same with Morgan.

First time that I've watched sky deadline day. What's a load of cr ap.

Sky sources (WTF are they?), basically nobody is going anywhere.

I actually feel sorry watching them desperately trying to fill space. As i type, live from Southampton, VvD is staying, Les has gone home, it's getting dark. Virgil goes back to training on Monday.

First time that I've watched sky deadline day. What's a load of cr ap.

Sky sources (WTF are they?), basically nobody is going anywhere.

I actually feel sorry watching them desperately trying to fill space. As i type, live from Southampton, VvD is staying, Les has gone home, it's getting dark. Virgil goes back to training on Monday.

This is what I was trying to test with Vietto

I did say weeks and weeks ago that the message from Saints was that he's going nowhere. The clubs that want him have also been told he's going nowhere in January either and to the dippers under no circumstances at all.

Every other rumor, snippet etc has been utter bol_loxs from the get go.

I've also mentioned previously WHY Saints won't sell to the dippers. Senior staff at the club took it very personally. City & Chelsea will be back next summer BUT if one of the big clubs, or the dippers, are struggling at the back come Jan then expect a HUGE offer.

It hilarious that Sky Sports are now labelling this as "Breaking News!" - Senior sources at Southampton say Van Dijk will not be leaving

They've been saying this all summer and how is it breaking news that a player no bids have been made for is staying at his current club, they really are a joke.

The VVD story this summer has attracted ITK bull**** artists like flies to a turd. Hopefully all those Twitter insiders etc are feeling a little sheepish now.

I'm a little worried this nonsense will all start again in January, because it really is tiresome. Hopefully VVD can behave himself at least until next summer.

It hilarious that Sky Sports are now labelling this as "Breaking News!" - Senior sources at Southampton say Van Dijk will not be leaving

They've been saying this all summer and how is it breaking news that a player no bids have been made for is staying at his current club, they really are a joke.

Pretty much. They were hoping for a big day. Lemar, Sanchez, VVD, Barkley.

Nothing has happened all day. Unless you count the relentless hunt for Diafra Sakho.

A certain person has egg on his face....
He's been on a meltdown for weeks, no doubt there will be a few others who will be backtracking with their views as well. Club have played a blinder.

Edited by Micky

And just to underline that refusing to sell now doesn't imply the club will agree to sell in the future. That contract to 2022 is still a contract to 2022. A good price can stil be obtained by keeping the player until 2020 and if the club is satisfied to let the contract run out on the basis that 7 years of service is well worth the comparatively modest fee paid for him, he could still be here until 2022 when he will be 31. It's impossible to say today what the football world will be like then so there isn't much point in trying to predict what will happen that far ahead.

Am I the only one that took the "All deals that are happening, have been concluded" (Les Reed Quote tonight) Statement that it could already of happened?

Sorry - Just wanting to celebrate, but keep getting stuck on these words.

And just to underline that refusing to sell now doesn't imply the club will agree to sell in the future. That contract to 2022 is still a contract to 2022. A good price can stil be obtained by keeping the player until 2020 and if the club is satisfied to let the contract run out on the basis that 7 years of service is well worth the comparatively modest fee paid for him, he could still be here until 2022 when he will be 31. It's impossible to say today what the football world will be like then so there isn't much point in trying to predict what will happen that far ahead.

Cue 11pm headline:

"Sky sources have exclusively learnt tonight that Southampton may be open to selling VVD if not this window, then potentially during a future one. One thing is for sure: this story will run and run."

Probably something based on his opinion, with facts gleaned from articles made to make it sound like he knew what was going on personally.

Well I would like to know why the one attacking player never got over the line.....unless it does in the next couple of hours of course :lol:

He's been on a meltdown for weeks, no doubt there will be a few others who will be backtracking with their views as well. Club have played a blinder.

Meltdown?! Behave. It seemed obvious to me that he'd go and I expressed that view. This is a forum where views are expressed. If he doesn't go let's see how he integrates back into the team and how he plays. If we have a fully committed VVD then the club have done well, until then the juries out.