VVD Out for 2-3 Months

Saint Garrett

If we don't get to the final it won't be down to missing VVD tonight as much as the usual dribbling Muppets want it to be all Les's fault. This semi final should already been done and dusted we had had more than enough chances in the first leg to put this tie out of sight and we didn't take them.

If only Les had signed a striker :mcinnes:

Has travelled with the team according to SSN - no idea in what capacity though. Would be such a boost if he could play, but not getting hopes up at all

Would suggest no broken ankle / foot and club are to give late fitness test as previously reported. Definitely won't be out for 3 months as the Sun has suggested if this is the case.

As SKD says, I'd be very surprised if the injury is long term. If the foot was fractured, Saints would have ruled him out by now and not 'assessed his fitness' on the day of the game.

I think he'll be in the squad tonight.

Let's not carried away on hearsay, i'm watching SSN and haven't heard any mention of Van Dijk travelling (although I wasn't watching it when that rumour started), we'll only be more disappointed if it turns out earlier reports of him being out tonight were true.

Let's not carried away on hearsay, i'm watching SSN and haven't heard any mention of Van Dijk travelling (although I wasn't watching it when that rumour started), we'll only be more disappointed if it turns out earlier reports of him being out tonight were true.

Being reported on twitter as well.

(That SSN said it)

Has definitely been said on SSN that VvD has travelled.

Doesn't mean he's fit to play the full match tonight of course, but does suggest that The Sun based their article on the tweet from the fake SSN twitter account :lol:

Sounds about right.

In all seriousness, maybe one for those more medically trained than me, would the medical staff at the club or hospital, suggest that VVD flys (to support the team) if he has sustained a serious injury, especially a break?

Can't see that the club would risk taking him if he's at least not fit enough for a fitness test.

My guess is that he'll start, but I'd say he'll either start or not be in the squad at all. No point in having him on the bench

In all seriousness, maybe one for those more medically trained than me, would the medical staff at the club or hospital, suggest that VVD flys (to support the team) if he has sustained a serious injury, especially a break?

Can't see that the club would risk taking him if he's at least not fit enough for a fitness test.

My guess is that he'll start, but I'd say he'll either start or not be in the squad at all. No point in having him on the bench

Could always stick him on the bench as an emergency target man if he's not fit for the full 90. Especially if we need a goal in the dying moments.

Not medically trained but would have thought suitability of flying would depend on how bad the break was. It's a very short flight so can't imagine the altitude would cause undue swelling like a long haul flight could.

Nice bit of rope-a-dope............. get them to work on exploiting the nipper at centre back, not that he is a green behind the ears defender, he has made 71 first team appearances in his career so far most of that playing in more rough and ready leagues.

Then wheel out the the big Dutch bloke at 6;45 firing on all cylinders.

Either way I think we will be up for this.

Club keeping very quiet about his injury. More sources saying out for 3 months .. smoke - fire?

The quieter the club is about an injury the longer the player is typically out for so, yes, 3 months would fit the current radio silence (although, in this instance, that could just have been to keep Liverpool guessing about our line up tonight I suppose)

Vardy *****r

Reed ***t

You're stressing too much. Keep calm and let Les carry on. He's got it in hand.

“He certainly won’t leave on the basis that he can just go.

“We would not consider releasing him unless there was a decent transfer fee and secondly that we were in a position to replace him."

You're stressing too much. Keep calm and let Les carry on. He's got it in hand.

Absolute ****ing **** show. Semi final of the cup, 1 nil up and we go into the game with our 3rd choice CB and a young lad with no league starts EVER and wasnt even in the first team squad a month ago....

But its all Vardys fault of course! Joke

Absolute ****ing **** show. Semi final of the cup, 1 nil up and we go into the game with our 3rd choice CB and a young lad with no league starts EVER and wasnt even in the first team squad a month ago....

Calm down dear and stop being a complete and utter knob as you usually are.

Diddums.

****ing Alpine wannabe