VVD Out for 2-3 Months

Saint Garrett

BREAKING: Sky Sources: @SouthamptonFC defender Virgil Van Dijk ruled out for 3 months through ankle injury. More to follow. #SaintsFC #SSNHQ

I'd laugh if the sun picked this up from the above as its a made up sky account and was posted this morning

I very much doubt they'd run with a fake story from a Twitter account with 8 followers.

Why not? The standard of "journalism" (and I use that word very very loosely) isn't exactly high now, is it? And if it is supposedly from Sky Sports News, why isn't a tweet on their tweety bit? https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Maybe it will come later, maybe it won't.

The folly of selling Fonte without adequate backup has gone spectacularly wrong as it only can when involving Southampton FC, We are now with less than a week left in the transfer window and yet again we have yet to secure the additions to the squad we need = (Striker/Centre back for starters). I worry about the arrogance from those in charge.

Rat-faced little c**t

Yes he is. And what's really aggravating is that they (Leicester) have benefited from very few injuries over the last 2 seasons (I doubt they would've won the league if they had a normal run of injuries last season). My respect for them has disappeared, and I now would be quite pleased if they go down.

If he is out for "3 months", and if his recovery doesn't go as well as expected, and if he's truly off in the summer, could this be the first time a Saints player was officially made captain and never got to represent the club in that capacity?

Lots of "ifs" but it's possible...

One thing for sure... We need a centre back this window.

If he is out for "3 months", and if his recovery doesn't go as well as expected, and if he's truly off in the summer, could this be the first time a Saints player was officially made captain and never got to represent the club in that capacity?

Lots of "ifs" but it's possible...

One thing for sure... We need a centre back this window.

He was captain for 55 minutes on Sunday.

F*ck I really hope this is b*llocks, i'm clinging to the notion the club has fed misinformation to try and pull the wool over Liverpools eyes.

If he is out for that long, that means that even if we do manage to get through later today he'll miss the final as well. F*cking c*nt Vardy, f*cking c*nts match of the day for leaving it out and saying he just went down after jumping for a header.

Two explanations for the club keeping quiet.

One, they want to keep it under wraps so that he's a surprise for Liverpool on the teamsheet.

Or the other, that he's out for a while and they don't want to announce it in case it affects ticket sales (i.e, people who were on the fence don't bother).

They may also want to keep a bad injury quiet so it doesn't push up the price in negotiations for a new cb

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

They may also want to keep a bad injury quiet so it doesn't push up the price in negotiations for a new cb

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Would happily pay £15m for Nathan Ake. Would have been crazy amount but resale value if doesn't massively improve (which of course he will) would easily make up difference on Fonte fee. And we are not skint.

Would happily pay £15m for Nathan Ake. Would have been crazy amount but resale value if doesn't massively improve (which of course he will) would easily make up difference on Fonte fee. And we are not skint.

I dont know if we are or we arent, but there doesnt seem a willingness to spend any money despite a need to do so.

Ive been banging on about Ake since he went on loan to Bournemouth, looks a quality little player and just our type

I dont know if we are or we arent, but there doesnt seem a willingness to spend any money despite a need to do so.

Ive been banging on about Ake since he went on loan to Bournemouth, looks a quality little player and just our type

I thought Conte said Ake was a big party of his future plans? Pretty sure Chelsea have no interest in selling him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/conte-explains-ake-loan-recall-9586493

The folly of selling Fonte without adequate backup has gone spectacularly wrong as it only can when involving Southampton FC, We are now with less than a week left in the transfer window and yet again we have yet to secure the additions to the squad we need = (Striker/Centre back for starters). I worry about the arrogance from those in charge.

Have to agree that if the Club assumed Stephens (rookie) Gardos (hasn't played for years) and Yoshida (not bad, but not great) would be adequate replacement and back up for a Euro winner leaving, then it is folly. Brought into sharper focus now that the defensive leader, (official) new Captain and best player in the team by a long way may be looking at a period of time on the sidelines. We all hope he isn't injured too badly, but one thing is for sure, we are fragile at the back without our main man and probably only up to the level of a decent Championship standard with the remaining CB's. That is a worry for the rest of the season.

Just as well we picked up 3 points v Leicester.

The meltdown amongst us negative folk if we had lost on Saturday and seen our two main central defenders not available for the rest of the season would have been immense.

We still have plenty to do in the League but unless there is a replacement central defender brought in what happens if Yoshi is injured or suspended?

Will be a huge loss for us. Gutted for him as he has been amazing this season.

Hopefully Yoshida and Stephens can do the job. Reed done ****ed up again.

the thing is Vardy plays for a small club like us and he may well have damaged us from having our day in the sun, we all wanted them to do well and now he did that

I can't believe nothing's been done about Vardy, it was obviously intentional. Why is it not being looked at retrospectively? F*cking joke

It wasn't obviously intentional unless u have a biased viewpoint..Vardy is the only one who knows whether he meant it and I doubt he will be asked the question.