VVD Out for 2-3 Months

Saint Garrett

Any news today? Poor guy's slipped right down the page after last nights shenanigans!

I guess the club are trying to get a full assessment before making any big announcements. Especially as it might affect the price of defensive replacements.

Depressing thought: if he is out for the season (3-4 months) our last memory of him in a saints shirt might be getting kicked by Vardy and limping off!

Once the Anfield euphoria dies down a little in the coming days this will feel like a huge blow. To lose our best player in our weakest position cover wise for most of the rest of the season is ****. Especially as he will surely go in the summer. Such a shame.

Foot injuries are difficult to diagnose but the treatment's much the same anyway. Rest and then rebuild strength and confidence. Rush things and you risk a setback.

One step at a time.

I've had a few from five-a-side...put ice on it and put your foot in the air was always what I was told! ;)

Nice one, Les. The club must have had a good idea that this was going to be the case and also sanctioned the sale of Fonte without having anyone lined up as a replacement. We can't beat teams in the bottom 4 and can't beat teams in the top 6. Looking at the remaining fixtures it's not looking very good is it?

We'll finish lower mid-table instead of mid mid-table. We'll still be a mid-table side which is what we've been all season.

So it's possible we'll be spending the rest of the season with Yoshida, Stephens, and Gardos as our centre backs.

It was only a few weeks back that we were all saying god help us if VVD gets injured and we don't replace Fonte. Well, here we are :scared:

Transfer wise this window has been the biggest balls up we've made since Osvaldo and Delgado before him.

Failure to get a centre-back in when we were a) told we would if we sold Fonte, and b) knowing VVD is injured for 12 weeks is basically negligence of incredible proportions. Didn't think Les Reed and his team had it in them to be honest.

I wonder what on earth they must have been doing all month to end up asking for Jordi Amat on loan at 22:55 on deadline day. Jordi Amat - a player who lost his place in one of the worst teams in the league to a defender from Barnsley. Can you even begin to imagine who else the brain trust approached in the closing hours of Tuesday night? :scared:

Failure to get a centre-back in when we were a) told we would if we sold Fonte, and b) knowing VVD is injured for 12 weeks is basically negligence of incredible proportions. Didn't think Les Reed and his team had it in them to be honest.

I wonder what on earth they must have been doing all month to end up asking for Jordi Amat on loan at 22:55 on deadline day. Jordi Amat - a player who lost his place in one of the worst teams in the league to a defender from Barnsley. Can you even begin to imagine who else the brain trust approached in the closing hours of Tuesday night? :scared:

At least we have our potent attack with 23 goals in 23 games...

At least we have our potent attack with 23 goals in 23 games...

I just don't understand the thinking. At a time when we clearly have issues in the final third and need our defence to keep us in games while Puel and the strikers figure it all out we've edged towards a scenario where we may have to score two goals in a game to get anything out of it. How can anyone at the club think that is acceptable? Cedric already alluded to the mentality of the players changing given our personnel in defence and now we've got that until the end of the season!

I don't get why everyone is shocked about this? it was reported before the Liverpool game he is out for 3 months and the silence from the club was telling.

Think everyone got their hopes up when Puel said it was only 3 weeks pre-Swansea.

Bad news after a bad tackle.

I hope now that the Leicester film they were talking about after last season has an Empire Strikes Back style sequel, where they gwet relegated and the big chinned pikey is preserved in Carbonite to stop him joining Arsenal.

So it's possible we'll be spending the rest of the season with Yoshida, Stephens, and Gardos as our centre backs.

It was only a few weeks back that we were all saying god help us if VVD gets injured and we don't replace Fonte. Well, here we are :scared:

Transfer wise this window has been the biggest balls up we've made since Osvaldo and Delgado before him.

This is a bigger balls up. Much bigger.

And imagine if Yoshida gets injured or suspended.