VVD Out for 2-3 Months

Saint Garrett

If it is broken, I would have thought we would have heard Sunday or the latest yesterday... Unless the club wish to keep it secret, which would then make no sense to release the news today.

Unless Billyb has some inside information that none of the sports channels have heard.

I am of course wishing it not to be true ....and maybe trying to convince myself.

If it is broken, I would have thought we would have heard Sunday or the latest yesterday... Unless the club wish to keep it secret, which would then make no sense to release the news today.

Unless Billyb has some inside information that none of the sports channels have heard.

I am of course wishing it not to be true ....and maybe trying to convince myself.

The news was that the club were expecting the results of his scan today so not sure if Billyb has some itk link to that.

Sods law would dictate that VVD breaks his foot the first PL game after Fonte's departure. I hope it isn't true..

I know I want to believe he is OK but I was encouraged to see him at 7.16m though the match day uncovered. He was not limping at all and if he had broken his foot I would expect some response.

That's why I said realistically, Charlie. I don't see him playing Wednesday and I'm not convinced about "dosing him up" and risking further injury.

"Dosing him up" would only be necessary if he was medically unfit to play - and that, IMHO, amounts to negligence and a failure to act in the best interest of the player..

I would imagine taking a whack on his foot like he did would have been very painful and would take a few days to settle down ; swelling, bruising, etc.

I fully expect him to miss both the semi-final and the Arsenal game.

Anything other and I will be very chuffed and surprised in equal measure!

Two explanations for the club keeping quiet.

One, they want to keep it under wraps so that he's a surprise for Liverpool on the teamsheet.

Or the other, that he's out for a while and they don't want to announce it in case it affects ticket sales (i.e, people who were on the fence don't bother).

Can't see any reliable info here. There are many metatarsals in the foot that can easily be broken by a stamp like that. Although the bones are small, they can be difficult to heal.

I'm still livid that Vardy wasn't penalised. It was deliberate and should have been red.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Saw this on the O/S. Puel says it was VVD's ankle not his foot that was injured could be a translation thing I guess

"van Dijk, he is having a scan and I am waiting for the results at the moment,” said Puel.

“It was a good kick on his ankle, and he could not continue in the game yesterday.

"It’s not serious, but I don’t know if he can participate in this game. We will see in the next days before the game.”

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but we lost our in form central defender, Mark Wright, with a broken leg in the last (FA Cup) semi final v Liverpool

In an earlier SF v Everton our influential midfielder, Steve Williams, was hampered by injury so we don't have the best of luck

Realistically how can we risk VVD? If he only lasts for 15 minutes we've lost a sub which Puel could not afford to do as he'll want to pack his defence later on especially if we nick one and they have to score 3 to win.

If he can walk - He plays

The players have boarded their plane. Only one man on here knows those names...

They were apparently boarding 2 planes. Whether that is now the norm after that South American team got wiped out, I don't know, but Virgil was not in the first group.

Probably getting as much treatment here as possible before flying up later, I would hope.