Huddersfield 0 Saints 0 - Match Thread

Bad Wolf

Since you ask, in the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant. But when I go to matches, home and away, I usually wear colours. If I've got a shirt matching what the team stream wearing, I'll choose it.

Normally the OS simply publish quite early the colour they're wearing but not for this game. What was surprising was that, when I sent a simple email enquiry to the club I was told it wasn't information that they had available. It was going to be a match officials decision. Which, quite simply, intrigued me.

Maybe I should get a life. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haha, sounds fair enough! Good luck digging out that black & teal shirt that you never had reason to wear before...

Charlie and Gabbi up front for me, it looks like it's going to be a middling season so lets at least have some fun and a few goals.

I don't get the Long fan club. So what if he runs a lot - he doesn't score. Reminds me of Paul 'model pro' Telfer.

Charlie and Gabbi up front for me, it looks like it's going to be a middling season so lets at least have some fun and a few goals.

I don't get the Long fan club. So what if he runs a lot - he doesn't score. Reminds me of Paul 'model pro' Telfer.

I admit to being a Long fan, disappointed by some of the chances he missed last year, but I certainly wouldn't write him off for that. I doubt if we will see Gabbi and Charlie start together today, or very often, for example against Wolves, when Gabbi came on, Charlie was taken off. But if we are to play a more attacking style, having two strikers would make sense but then I'd like to see Long playing with Charlie or Gabbi to feed off his speed.

Having my first pint in the Rat and Ratchet brewpub. I'll think about formations and line ups after a couple... Last time I was here we lost 3-1. If we can reverse that I'll be happy..

As a matter of interest how much is a pint in Huddersfield - Miss Whistle

My pint of White Rat cost me £2.75. When I asked where it was brewed he said "6 feet below you"..

I imagine most Saints fans will be nearer the centre and I might stroll via the pub at the station. I'm not wearing colours, home or away, but I've got my scarf in my bag just to annoy the super cool guys.

Pint of Sepp Ratter £3. I'm going to get half cut doing research for John B.

Thanks for that I would offer to subsidise your research but at only £2.75 I will not bother.

I was walking the Thames Path with some friends on Thursday and I pint of Brakspears cost me £4.50 but it was a really good pint

Thanks for that I would offer to subsidise your research but at only £2.75 I will not bother.

I was walking the Thames Path with some friends on Thursday and I pint of Brakspears cost me £4.50 but it was a really good pint

King Rat £3.15 a pint. In footballing news the Huddersfield fans I spoke to would be happy with a point: "first decent team we've met"..

King Rat £3.15 a pint. In footballing news the Huddersfield fans I spoke to would be happy with a point: "first decent team we've met"..

Ha ha, nice. Not the last unfortunately.

Should be a good game today, I think they'll come at us. I've predicted 1-1.

Long is ****e. People are only suggesting him because of disatisfaction with our recent performances, not because Long is suddenly a better player.

Many of those suggesting Long have mentioned about Gabbi plahing in the hole, or out wide.

Look at virtually all his goals for us, they have come by playing on the shoulder of the defender and using his movement and instinctive finishing - moving him further away from goal hardly makes best use of that.

Keep Long on the bench because better players are ahead of him and his finishing is ****ing woeful.

Just look at Gabbiadini's brilliant goal from his own half last Saturday, Romeu to Gabbiadini to Redmond back to Gabbiadini continuing his run beats Hart from close in. That's not playing off the defender it's making a sharp run through the channel breaking the defensive lines. He can play anywhere but making him play in front of the static square passing dross that is our three offensive players just stifles him. He might get more room away but at home we are woeful.

Just look at Gabbiadini's brilliant goal from his own half last Saturday, Romeu to Gabbiadini to Redmond back to Gabbiadini continuing his run beats Hart from close in. That's not playing off the defender it's making a sharp run through the channel breaking the defensive lines. He can play anywhere but making him play in front of the static square passing dross that is our three offensive players just stifles him. He might get more room away but at home we are woeful.

We're not woeful. Don't be such a drip.