Man City 2 Saints 1 - Post Match

St Chalet

Maybe he did thank him and Redmond got riled by it. Old Nathan not getting too many plaudits on here tonight.

"I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end. Southampton have some super talented players, Redmond is so good one against one. But they didn't' want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play."

"I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end. Southampton have some super talented players, Redmond is so good one against one. But they didn't' want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play."

Of course he did so they could smash us on the break....

Hmmm, a bit patronising TBF.

It doesn't bode well when the opposition manager is giving him the rocket up his a*se that he should be getting from his own manager. MP doesn't come across as somebody who is that passionate.

I'm not rewriting history. He's championship standard.

only game I've seen him look really decent for us was Anfield semi. He can beat a man all ends up, which is one of the hardest things to do in football, but...well you all know the rest.

It doesn't bode well when the opposition manager is giving him the rocket up his a*se that he should be getting from his own manager. MP doesn't come across as somebody who is that passionate.
Maybe hearing it from someone as successful as Pep will have a positive influence on him. Too many times tonight Redmond was just dawdling about.

Meh losing to the best side the premier league has seen, can't complain.

Positives are Romeu Lemina and PH look good, rotation between them will be key to protecting the back 4, Forster had a better game.

Negatives are Redmond is clearly crap and miss placing passes as always, Long okay unlucky tonight but decision making has been poor, time for Austin and Gabba to rotate the starting role.

Any idea what the Cedric injury was ? Could do with him not being out Sunday
Didn’t look good, he went down and stayed down.
Part of me suspected at the time that it might have been part of a winding time down ploy. He seemed to get a kick on the elbow after he went down and didn't look too serious to me.

Part of me suspected at the time that it might have been part of a winding time down ploy. He seemed to get a kick on the elbow after he went down and didn't look too serious to me.

the physio did the old sub required gesture, so the substitionwasnt part of a time wasting ploy. Need him back. As soon as he went off Stirling's pace came into play. We cant have Yoshida out there.

Interesting that both times Redmond said something he covered his mouth. Didn’t want anyone to lip read? ��

It's very common for players to do this. I've seen it a lot this season. I think they're drilled to do so by clubs to avoid any type of conversations being picked up by hundreds of cameras.

saved me the bother. Spot on except you were too soft on Yoshida. He looked very rusty indeed. I'm not one to moan about Redmond, but thought he was a waste of a shirt and I struggle to understand why Boufal didn't get another start. He offers as much work rate and is just as reliable defensively.

Boufal should've had Sterling, ran past him and then he had all the space he needed to score.

Maybe he is telling him to pull finger out of backside and start playing football...... clearly he rates him and knows that he is capable of better but it's a bit odd opposition management would big up a player.... maybe he wants him at City? Or maybe he is just saying.

" Redmond I know you are a miserable sod, upset the order in dressing room and make sure Van D gets here in the summer kapish amigo"

Interesting that both times Redmond said something he covered his mouth. Didn’t want anyone to lip read?
The pundits on MotD2 were guessing that Redmond was saying back: "yeah, but I've been told to play this way"

Is the there a chance that people might be over criticising Redmond's play? Remember how Pep seemed to get the best out of Sterling when he joined City... gave him more freedom to express himself. Perhaps Redmond is the kind of player that needs to be given the same kind of freedom rather than pigeon holed into a rigid formation. If Pep can see something in Redmond perhaps it's more about man management than the player himself per se.

Just thinking out loud.

The pundits on MotD2 were guessing that Redmond was saying back: "yeah, but I've been told to play this way"

Is the there a chance that people might be over criticising Redmond's play? Remember how Pep seemed to get the best out of Sterling when he joined City... gave him more freedom to express himself. Perhaps Redmond is the kind of player that needs to be given the same kind of freedom rather than pigeon holed into a rigid formation. If Pep can see something in Redmond perhaps it's more about man management than the player himself per se.

Just thinking out loud.

My take on it is that Pep is a condescending c*nt. If he likes him that much I'll gladly welcome the £50m bid for Redmond to express himself

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just thinking out loud.

Two players who used to be criticized a lot who are now really good: Raheem Sterling and Ashley Young. Sterling never used to have any end product. Now he is a deadly finisher. Young used to have little impact on games. Now, he is arguably the best crosser of a ball in the country. Maybe there is more to come from Redmond?

Will everyone get off Redmond’s back. Jesus this site is so predictable. Show a bit of originality and try and comment on other aspects of the teams game.

Agree. Get behind our players instead of getting on some of their backs. Pep even went up to Redmond at the end of the game to say how good he can be and he knows a thing or two! It's just down to a lack of confidence in some aspects. I expect him to return to the bench on sunday. He did put some good corners in tonight though.

Edited by davefizzy14

Any idea what the Cedric injury was ? Could do with him not being out Sunday
In the process of defending Silva, he fell to the pitch and Silva stepped on Cedric's left arm. I dont think it was malicious, but it looked very nasty.

you can see a piece of skin flapping around in the replay. best case: deep cleat puncture wound. worst case: broken arm.

the physios knew right away he couldn't continue.