£75m in for Vvd, who do you spend it on?

Dazza82

Goal keeper. Keeper of the goal. Man who saves things. Not a statue. Can jump a bit. Organises. Can kick. Can catch. Doesn't hoof it into touch. Doesn't just stand there. Comes out. Doesn't stand rooted to his line. Yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying we would get them or that their clubs would sell them, but I would love to see any of Walcott, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Ospina, Chambers, Giroud, Mangala, Roberts, Llorente. We need some pace in the side, the option of a big man up front, a decent winger, some strength and height in midfield, a decent option at right back and a keeper that can rival Forster.

Walcott on his way here according to a few Arsenal ITKs.

Jeremy Wilson claims we hope to sign attacker next week plus other deals lined up. Club committed to reinvested all the money received and make major signings of their own.

I won't hold my breath.....

One thing is for sure - If it's Walcott, Wilson will know.

Walcott should be the priority. Actually cares about the club, vastly superior to the players we’ve got here at the moment (here’s looking at you Redmond) and will give the fans a big lift. In reality, it’s more likely to be Elia on loan.

I have very little faith in Reed or Pellegrino to choose players wisely . Plus no real quality players would come to us anyway . A genuine 30 million pound player would expect a much higher salary than what we would pay .

Am getting ready to be seriously underwhelmed .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I can't see Forster going anywhere while Dave Watson has a job. So an AM to replace Davis/JWP and a winger to replace Redmond.

Austin

?? - ?? - Boufal/Tadic

Lemina - Hojbjerg

Bertrand - Hoedt - Yoshida - Cedric

Forster

Of course given it's midseason, the only players available will be ones clubs don't really need aka Rejects like all our recent signings. "The Les Reed Way". A player struggles to get into a midtable side and somewhere in Reed's mind he thinks that's good enough to challenge the Europa places. 9 times out of 10 the player won't improve us either.

First priority should be compensation for both Pellegrino and a new manager (we should not settle for choosing from the unemployed crop, find the right man for the job and ask his club what they want).

Striker top priority after that - i'd be tempted to look at Depoitre from Huddersfield, Assombalonga from Middlesbrough or Antonin Barak from Udinese.

After that I think the only additions we should make are if players go out - Redmond out, another AM in, Cedric/Bertrand out etc.

At centreback I would quite honestly pick Hoedt and Stephens there for the rest of the season. Let them play and progress together.

This.

We'll get to the final days of the transfer window with no news and start looking at eachother going "surely we'll get a new centre back in?" In the final hours it'll become increasingly obvious that no-one is coming despite gaping holes in the teams quality. The next morning the club won't even mention it. Later in the month we'll make a deal with a former top class player who has been out injured for the past 2 years to solve our problems. And claim it was the plan all along. Like last January then..

Would like to see Walcott back

Also I’m a fan of dunk at Brighton and Zaha.

Manager wise ide take monk and Beattie right now .

The reality is we won’t spend the money as we never do , and we probably won’t even replace him

Zaha? Absolutely zero chance. Are you on drugs.

Monk & Beattie, yes you must be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best 'signing' would be to replace the manager is with someone competent. That would be worth a few players. After that I'd spend big on a goal scorer. Current squad plus decent manager plus regular goal scorer would see a massive improvement in all areas but MP has to go.

Let’s not kid ourselves the club have known since the summer that we'd be getting a lorry load of cash for Van Dijk in January. Our targets should have been identified and negotiations with those players clubs should be underway. If we don’t sign our targets early in January it’ll be a joke. I don’t think we can wait until end of January in our current form.

FWIW I would try and get Brendan Rodgers in and sign Walcott, Dembele (Celtic) and Gibson.

Reed needs to stop trying to unearth unheard of talents and hoping they work to increase his own reputation.

Do we need a centre-back? Hoedt, Stephens and Yoshida seems potentially good enough for the rest of the season IMO.

Hardly like we shipped loads of goals with Yoshida and Stephens last year, I mean we have lost VVD, but in reality we haven't really had him for 12 months plus and conceding over the that period has not been a major problem, scoring goals has.

Do we need a centre-back? Hoedt, Stephens and Yoshida seems potentially good enough for the rest of the season IMO.

Hardly like we shipped loads of goals with Yoshida and Stephens last year, I mean we have lost VVD, but in reality we haven't really had him for 12 months plus and conceding over the that period has not been a major problem, scoring goals has.

Yoshida and Stephens aren’t good enough, as shown in the last few games.

Would they get in any other PL team? No chance.

Yoshida and Stephens aren’t good enough, as shown in the last few games.

Would they get in any other PL team? No chance.

Stephens has been playing RB, he’s good enough at CB. I’d be worried about sticking with only those three due to our tendency to go with 3 CB’s against the big sides. One of those gets injured and we’re in the same predicament as last year as Bednarek and Gardos aren’t up to it. We definitely need a defender of some sort I think, all of our positions in the back line look a bit weak after an injury.

Assuming we spend 75mil (dreamland I know)...

Quincy Promes - On form goal scoring attacking midfielder (i.e. not Nathan f*****g Redmond). The player we should have replaced Mane with - 20mil/25mil

Bas Dost - Although possibly now out of our price range considering his success this season. Exactly the type of striker we've been missing since Lambert/Pelle left - 20/25mil

Walcott - Goal scorer. Positive player. Knows the league and the club. - 15/20mil

If Bertrand goes (now unlikely considering his injury) then I'd get Shaw back in. Possibly one for the summer.