Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

I reckon we are watching the situation regarding strikers that won’t feature in the first team of a premiership club.

Step forward either Welbeck, Sturrridge or Giroud.

Already Sturridge has had 45 minutes for Liverpool so maybe we had a scout watching?

I reckon we are watching the situation regarding strikers that won’t feature in the first team of a premiership club.

Already Sturridge has had 45 minutes for Liverpool so maybe we had a scout watching?

Blimey! he lasted that long without an injury

Giroud - no thanks. Massively overshadowed by both Griezmann AND Mbappe in the French team.

That is a strange reason not to want a player. The two you named are among the best in the world, hardly something to use as a stick to beat Giroud with. Pointless anyway as he is unlikely to be joining Saints any time soon.

Nixon saying he will run something Saints related Sunday.

Last couple of things he's run has been Boufal to Nice & Ings to Saints, so set your anticipation level depending how you feel about those 2 stories.

I'm unsure if it's an 'in' or 'out' story.

He's now saying:

Q: Can you say if it is a incoming or outgoing.

A: Poss out. But making way for an in if it comes off.

Please no on the first two, Giroud will never happen.

Adam Blackmore with a teasing tweet...

“Boufal’s departure may well pave the way for the club to replace him with another winger/forward..”

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/1020353547043594240

When asked if he was guessing or was informed, Adam Blackmore replied “both”.

Like for like but on the right side.

Surely that rules out Sisto and I think Promes was a lefty too?

I reckon the club are going to Gamble on sticking with the CF’s we currently have and just buy creativity around them.

On paper Austin / Gabbi good enough, but who knows if they’ll produce.

Boufal to Celta Vigo interesting RE sisto. Personally can’t see them having them both.

Don’t think we’ll see another striker...Austin, Long, Gabbi and now Gallagher seemingly ready to push on is probably seen by the club as enough. With Ely, Redmond, JWP, Sims, Davis and Armstrong as AM’s we do look very lightweight in supporting attack, although we should not underestimate the ability of Romeu, Lemina and Hojberg to get forward.

It’s that initial ability to break at pace by 3-4 players that seems to be the missing component. I hope that the next signing will go a long way to plug that gap.

Friend of a friend stuff...that same old **** etc etc...

Thought I’d share.

Some of it is already known probably.

Long been in Scotland..gone

Forster talking to more than 1 club

Rangers bid for Davis but doesn’t want to go

Targett... decision is with him. Club want him to stay.

Welbeck

Could be true mor

Friend of a friend stuff...that same old **** etc etc...

Thought I’d share.

Some of it is already known probably.

Long been in Scotland..gone

Forster talking to more than 1 club

Rangers bid for Davis but doesn’t want to go

Targett... decision is with him. Club want him to stay.

Welbeck

Could be true mor

Was linked with celtic last year - http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/08/celtic-fans-are-split-on-rumours-of-a-move-for-shane-long/

His goalscoring record in Europe is pretty average. Scoring goals in the MLS isn't something to get too hard about.

I look at how effective he is on the pitch, not through just simple stats - though they can tell a story.

In this case, I think you’ll find his record is bit skewed in Europe owing to the amount of sub appearances he had.