2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Some Liverpool fans were worried about the Corona virus ending the season early, but they should have been more worried about Sarrs!

:lol:

Liverpool are probably already booking Sarr’s room in Blackpool.

Edited by Jimmy_D

Well at least that stops them going unbeaten, hopefully Madrid knock them out of the champions league as well and someone does them over in the FA Cup. They'll still be unbearable winning the league of course, but all these sort of things can take the shine off them a bit.

Spurs losing 2-3 to wolves, 15 mins left.

I assume Wolves will be harvested for their best players in the summer etc

If they are I’m sure you will completely forget about it, like you have with Maguire, Mahrez and Kante at Leicester, AWB at Palace, Stones and Barkley at Everton etc. Etc. Because only Saints love selling their best players.

If they are I’m sure you will completely forget about it, like you have with Maguire, Mahrez and Kante at Leicester, AWB at Palace, Stones and Barkley at Everton etc. Etc. Becauseonly Saints love selling their best players.

none of those clubs can shift them out the door (with a few leaks in the media to get the fans onside) as rapidly as we can - :smug:

He's in the way off the direct line of travel of the ball and also about 5 yards in front of De Gea. If that isn't interfering with play, what is?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

De gea was going the wrong way.... there’s no way that if he wasn’t sat there that de gea was saving that deflection. If that’s not interfering with play I don’t know what is

De gea was going the wrong way.... there’s no way that if he wasn’t sat there that de gea was saving that deflection. If that’s not interfering with play I don’t know what is

Sigurdson had to move out of the way, didnt he?

Offside for me. The ball basically ran under his foot, 100% interfering with play.

Hmmm... Exceptionally generous to United, I would have said.

“Interfering with an opponent” means:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball. For example, by clearly obstructing the goalkeeper’s line of vision or movement

making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent

• the opponent must be reasonably close to the play so that the blocking, deceiving or distracting makes a difference

Hmmm... Exceptionally generous to United, I would have said.

“Interfering with an opponent” means:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball. For example, by clearly obstructing the goalkeeper’s line of vision or movement

making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent

• the opponent must be reasonably close to the play so that the blocking, deceiving or distracting makes a difference

Well he was within 5 yards of the keeper and moved his foot, all be it to get out of the way, so there is your explanation.

Actually, 100% incorrect.

“Interfering with play” means “Playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate”

Sigurdson didn’t touch the ball.

You don’t have to touch the ball to be offside.

Actually, 100% incorrect.

“Interfering with play” means “Playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate”

Sigurdson didn’t touch the ball.

The rules actually state that if you make a move towards trying to play the ball you can be offside, plus interfering with the sight lines of the goalkeeper can make you offside even if you don't touch the ball.

He’s offside. You can’t sit there a yard in front of the ‘keeper and not be a distraction.

Quite. And whilst sat there move your legs to allow the ball to cross the line. He was obviously interfering with play.

You don’t have to touch the ball to be offside.

Being offside is not of itself an offence.

The rules actually state that if you make a move towards trying to play the ball you can be offside, plus interfering with the sight lines of the goalkeeper can make you offside even if you don't touch the ball.

They are Laws, not rules, and Sigurdson didn’t make a move to play the ball, quite the opposite. He was well out of the sight line of the goalkeeper who didn’t have a chance of saving the ball. He saw it clearly all the way.

He’s offside. You can’t sit there a yard in front of the ‘keeper and not be a distraction.

This line of argument has been around for years and there have been countless examples of players lying right in front of the goalkeeper and not being considered to have interfered with an opponent.

As I said, United were very fortunate to get away with that one.

Offside for me. The ball basically ran under his foot, 100% interfering with play.

It didn't run under his foot at all, he moved both of his feet out of the way while he was sitting on the ground. Whitey is spot on with his observations, this should never have been offside. The vital point people seem to be missing when talking about line of vision is the third dimension. Gylfi was sitting on the floor, legs outstretched, only his legs were in line, while de Gea was stood up (admittedly slightly crouched), no was was he unsighted by Gylfi. Usual bias to big teams, no way was decision going against United.

It didn't run under his foot at all, he moved both of his feet out of the way while he was sitting on the ground. Whitey is spot on with his observations, this should never have been offside. The vital point people seem to be missing when talking about line of vision is the third dimension. Gylfi was sitting on the floor, legs outstretched, only his legs were in line, while de Gea was stood up (admittedly slightly crouched), no was was he unsighted by Gylfi. Usual bias to big teams, no way was decision going against United.

I don't pretend to understand the subtlety of the rules, but how is he not interfering by moving his legs to allow the ball to go in? Had he stayed still he would have prevented the goal.

The fact that he is right there between the ball and the 'keeper and moved his foot at the last second can't be anything other than a distraction. Maybe it would have gone in without that, maybe not, we will never know but the fact is he was there and he was offside. If he had got back up immediately after the challenge, he'd have been out of the way but he wasn't. He sat there like a lemon, waiting for a penalty they weren't getting.

As for big team bias, it seems most on this thread agree with it and we're all sick of Man Utd getting decisions.

The fact that he is right there between the ball and the 'keeper and moved his foot at the last second can't be anything other than a distraction. Maybe it would have gone in without that, maybe not, we will never know but the fact is he was there and he was offside. If he had got back up immediately after the challenge, he'd have been out of the way but he wasn't. He sat there like a lemon, waiting for a penalty they weren't getting.

As for big team bias, it seems most on this thread agree with it and we're all sick of Man Utd getting decisions.

But he wasn't between the ball and the keeper, that's the whole point. Line of sight from keeper to ball would not have in luded his legs whi h were flat on the floor, his body, upright was way off line. The camera angle from behind the right hand post showed clearly he was not in line when you take account that de Gea was standing up. Line of sight doesn't go from the keepers feet.

BT already banging on about it. ‘Nothing like it’ Fck off

The gimp on the stream I was watching on Saturday said "raucous atmosphere as normal at the London Stadium" as the teams walked out. Pretty sure they are all told to say that sort of crap to make the people watching think the atmosphere is good rather than it actually being so.

It's all a bit fake and staged but even some of the fans in the MLS put a lot of ours to shame at the moment.

****ing hell Solent laying it on a bit thick.

"Few better sights in world football than a full Fratton park"

"A game between two big names in football"

[emoji38]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

****in hell, they can’t believe that bull surely?

oh well, looks like our game against Arsenal will be re-arranged :lol:

How have these Arsenal youngsters not buckled under such intimidation? They’ve been singing about ambulances and ‘fcking them up’

Fortress Fratton as long as it’s Rochdale or Southend

Did I just hear Portsmouth got battered 4-0 at home from Arsenal fans?

How have these Arsenal youngsters not buckled under such intimidation? They’ve been singing about ambulances and ‘fcking them up’

Fortress Fratton as long as it’s Rochdale or Southend

Did I just hear Portsmouth got battered 4-0 at home from Arsenal fans?

No you didn’t. You heard scummers get battered 9-0 at home....

Never understood our lot singing that given our home record, especially not this season.....