Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

3 minutes ago, Østerrike said:

...and here we go again.. a suboptimal performance and people want to suck Ralph again... surprise, surprise.. game gainst City is already forgotten as it seems

0 wins in 5 this season. 5 wins in, something like, the last 30 games. But yeah, keep making out it’s just one bad performance and that’s why people want the manager gone. 

A point against city means fuck all if you follow up with a loss at home to wolves. 

That being said, we sold our only goal threat last season and replaced him with an unproven championship striker. We’re not going to win games without scoring goals, whoever the manager, and I’m sorry, these 2 we have up top, don’t look up to it (as a few predicted pre-season). 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Time to go. I think he might resign. 

As long as he keeps selecting the blunt and inept Redmond it shows a complete lack of judgement. 

We need fresh energy, viewpoints, ideas and enthusiasm. 

I’ve read that before on he that he might resign. When has a manager ever resigned and walked away from the massive payoff that comes with the sack. He’s here to stay, until we finally push the button and get rid.

If it’s ok for people to mention that Norwich have lost their last 16 premier league games (which includes their 19-20 results) then they need to apply the same logic to us. We’ve been fucking dreadful since January, have won what 4 games since then? I’ve no idea how Ralph has survived that run, managers have been sacked for much worse.

He’s not improving us, we’re going nowhere, except down, and it’s time the club get some balls and do what’s required. I still believe we’ve got the players to stay up this season, but not with the starting XI Ralph chooses, nor the formation.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 2

As I’ve said before. Eddie Howe* will be our manager by Christmas. Also said he  (Ralph) wouldn’t last 10 games this season. Still believe both will come true.  

*im not suggesting I want him; just my opinion of who we’ll bring in. 

Edited by Dman

1 minute ago, Dman said:

As I’ve said before. Eddie Howe* will be our manager by Christmas. Also said he  (Ralph) wouldn’t last 10 games this season. Still believe both will come true.  

*im not suggesting I want him; just my opinion of who we’ll bring in. 

As I said a few weeks ago, I've only ever been ITK on 2 things, and one is that Howe was spoken to by the club before the season started on the basis a bad start could force them to pull the trigger on Ralph (the other less interestingly was the 2012/13 kit). The report last week ref. Howe and the Celtic thing was pretty accurate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

"I've never walked away from anything in my life, and I'm not going to start now."

Can he run then….if he can’t see what’s so blatantly obvious to 90% of Saints fans he should be sacked.

That’s not reacting to a 0-0 that’s reacting to some abysmal managerial decisions today.

Playing a player out of position because you don’t want to upset him! KWP is a right back not left we signed a left back play him! No balance no width, Romeu playing other positions not his own. Diallo on bench JWP dog shit, Long instead of Tella!!

Eli poor today all too deep to slow sideways backwards where was coaches driving us on…. Go now today was terrible deserve the sack for that display by boss

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob76 said:

He just never learns, this stupid 4:2:2:2 formation has not worked for a year. Also never makes a sub till we are behind. Please resign.

That was the case last season, but not this season, Ralphs subs have been miles better. Today was weird, maybe Everton also, but he had 3 games on the bounce then they worked pretty well, and he did them early.

Now, I’m not saying I’d keep him or sack him, but what you said just isn’t really true.

• Like 1

I have done some very crude Wiki research which is below. I must say his win ratio seems far worse.

Manager     Games     Won     Lost     Drawn     Win %

Pellegrino    35             9          13        13            25.71
Hughes        27             5          10        12             18.12
Puel              53            20         13        20            37.74
Ralph            121           43         28       50            35.54

50 minutes ago, Østerrike said:

...and here we go again.. a suboptimal performance and people want to suck Ralph again... surprise, surprise.. game gainst City is already forgotten as it seems

It’s not one performance though, it’s dozens, this has been going on since last Christmas, the good performances are the exceptions.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

That was the case last season, but not this season, Ralphs subs have been miles better. Today was weird, maybe Everton also, but he had 3 games on the bounce then they worked pretty well, and he did them early.

Now, I’m not saying I’d keep him or sack him, but what you said just isn’t really true.

Sorry but I think the formation is all wrong and maybe he got the subs right in the last couple of games but reverted to type today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dellman said:

He's here to stay, long term. He has had to get rid of a load of highly paid wasters. He's done that. Now he has to build afresh--without any investment from the owners. That is a work in progress. It just hasn't progressed far yet. It will, we will end 12th this season

By and large these are his players, the ones he has brought in since he arrived and they were not all freebies!

38 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

I have done some very crude Wiki research which is below. I must say his win ratio seems far worse.

Manager     Games     Won     Lost     Drawn     Win %

Pellegrino    35             9          13        13            25.71
Hughes        27             5          10        12             18.12
Puel              53            20         13        20            37.74
Ralph            121           43         28       50            35.54

Ah but you forgot Branfoot's win percentage which would make Ralph look like a twat if it got shown in comparison.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saint lard said:

If only we had made a move for Thomas Frank when Brentford narrowly missed out on promotion. 
Howe or Lampard….which is the lesser of two evils?

Lampard as Howe failed at Burnley couldn’t turn round Bournemouth and defensively got worse.

Lampard did well at Derby and has good network.

I don’t think it matters as we won’t be changing management anyway.

Long instead of Tella…

10 minutes ago, saint lard said:

If only we had made a move for Thomas Frank when Brentford narrowly missed out on promotion. 

Lampard would require money to buy,  Howe would coach.  Both would probably look for better options than us. 

2 hours ago, Østerrike said:

Let's just get one thing straight from the off. Absolutely nobody wants to suck Ralph...!

34 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

Hughes got more points from his 27 games than Ralph has managed from his last 27. Grim as fuck. 

I think that is wrong as the figures include cup games?

Hughes managed us for 22 PL games, where his record was 3 wins, 8 draws and 11 defeats

Edited by nta786

The Long sub today was one of the most bizarre subs he has ever made. The guy was an unused sub against Sheffield United in the week so he didn’t even get a brief run out ready for today. Yet the player who wasn’t wanted last season and was packed off to Bournemouth is suddenly trusted to come on and get a goal while a player Ralph raved over at the end of last season and who played well mid week is left sat on the bench.

Fkin unbelievable 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I don't think anyonecan judge Ralph when he is still stuck with Claude Puel's squad. 

He is performing to world beating standards. We should be so thankful as any other less progressive manager would have had us relegated two seasons ago, and the one after that and we’d be below Norwich this season if it wasn’t for his heroics. Actually we’d be in League One.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, saint lard said:

You're saying we should have sacked Ralph at the end of the season we finished 11th? Okay then, genius.

Ralph is getting on my tits with just about everything.  Selections, substitutions, tactics. 
 Don’t see how we could be any worse with Eddie Howe in charge.  At least the players might be up for it.

Ralph has to go.  We aren’t going to turn a corner with him in charge.  It will be just more of the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Not sure if anyone could get much more out of this lot. The lack of true quality is stark and really laid bare at the moment. 

Maybe, but you can’t keep doing the same thing virtually each week and expect a different result. I don’t think our squad is so poor we should go down, but the run we are in, means we for sure could.

Sometimes things just don’t work out, and things need to be called a day, and I just wouldn’t be surprised if he went. I can’t for one second believe we haven’t been sounding out other managers. 

• Like 1

I think the 4-2-2-2 system just doesn't suit our players. We don't have any pace, drive or box-to-box instinct in the middle, our 10s invariably drift wide as soon as we have possession, and talking up Che's link-play is really just searching for positives in the face of his abysmal shooting and positioning as a striker.

There's a huge swathe of the central attacking area of the pitch where we are effectively dead, with no one able to occupy that space, or to pass effectively into it or through it. At least switching to a more traditional 4-2-3-1 would fill that space a little better, though admittedly neither Armstrong nor Adams is really suited to play as a lone striker.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Even a halfwit would play Tino in front of KWP, and play a proper left back. Why he can’t see it is beyond me. 

Because Livramento is a RB. Our best players should be playing in their best positions. 

Someone (Hasenhuttl, anyone) should of seen that all our wingers are shit are prioritised buying a winger/CAM, instead of trying to fix all our various issues by playing an 18 year old out of position.

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Even a halfwit would play Tino in front of KWP, and play a proper left back. Why he can’t see it is beyond me. 

Bang on and why today was final straw for me  unbalanced no width , no movement, no forward passing from centre two so he brings on Long not Tella who could have gone down sides with pace but this lot are too blinkered or stubborn to try what most of us can see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nemi said:

Because Livramento is a RB. Our best players should be playing in their best positions. 

Someone (Hasenhuttl, anyone) should of seen that all our wingers are shit are prioritised buying a winger/CAM, instead of trying to fix all our various issues by playing an 18 year old out of position.

Or playing 2 right footed players on left? 
Perraud was bought to play there he has done ok play him!

13 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Bang on and why today was final straw for me  unbalanced no width , no movement, no forward passing from centre two so he brings on Long not Tella who could have gone down sides with pace but this lot are too blinkered or stubborn to try what most of us can see.

maybe for the same reason TAA cant play further forward and when he does he goes completely missing

15 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

4 wins in 27 games and 21 points in the calendar year? No no no, that can't be right.

They way I understand it today is if you say we're doing badly then that's just a typical short term knee jerk reaction from impatient fans to a completely unlucky freak result that bears no resemblance to how brilliant the team is and how great we're playing.

I mean, if the stat was true and we had only won four games in a calendar year then surely people would be justifiably disappointed.

Nah, today is a completely freak result, an out of character blip.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dman said:

0 wins in 5 this season. 5 wins in, something like, the last 30 games. But yeah, keep making out it’s just one bad performance and that’s why people want the manager gone. 

A point against city means fuck all if you follow up with a loss at home to wolves. 

That being said, we sold our only goal threat last season and replaced him with an unproven championship striker. We’re not going to win games without scoring goals, whoever the manager, and I’m sorry, these 2 we have up top, don’t look up to it (as a few predicted pre-season). 

easy to write down statistics without the precise circumstances which led to such results.. of course i am aware of the fact that a loss against wolves is not acceptable at all, thanks.

not up for that kind of discussions anyways tbh

The stubborn prick needs to go, even despite the favouritism and blind faith and piss poor reading of games , we were chasing a game and what was he doing, sat on his f*****g arse sulking and shaking his head, probably would've ended up crying, get up at pitchside and try something to drive the muppets on 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl