Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

4 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Bmuff fans seem to think they only have to turn up to beat us after today's spunky win that was handed to them on a plate by Leicester. They seem to think they have suddenly become Barcelona.

Yep. To put it in perspective, first goal was a gift, second poor keeping, third a horrendous deflection. Fourth didn't matter. And Leicester reduced themselves to 10 men to help.

34 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Yep. To put it in perspective, first goal was a gift, second poor keeping, third a horrendous deflection. Fourth didn't matter. And Leicester reduced themselves to 10 men to help.

We were pretty woeful in the home game against Watford, we got a goal that defo should have been chaulked off. That win was a spring board to a decent run. If you look at Boscombe in the premier league, then go on streaky runs. Tonight could be a turning point. The last 20 mins they looked ok, certainly better than Everton did today. 

Last 20 minutes they were against 10 men who had to push forward to try to salvage something. Without Ake their back line is extremely weak and I imagine Danny Ings is looking forward to playing against donkeys like Cook and Kelly.

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Citeh have put out a weak side 

I know they have De Bruyne, Mahrez, Laporte and Sterling etc on the bench, but there are not many 'weaknesses' in their starting XI tonight...

31 Ederson

2 Walker

5 Stones

30 Otamendi

22  Mendy

25 Fernandinho

8 Gündogan

20 Bernardo Silva

21 Silva

47 Foden

9 Gabriel Jesus

Edited by Matthew Le God

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I know they have De Bruyne, Mahrez, Laporte and Sterling etc on the bench, but there are not many 'weaknesses' in their starting XI tonight...

31 Ederson

2 Walker

5 Stones

30 Otamendi

22  Mendy

25 Fernandinho

8 Gündogan

20 Bernardo Silva

21 Silva

47 Foden

9 Gabriel Jesus

That is a weak side

Would love a Burnley win here, with Tottenham closing in on Wolves, and others behind catching up, could do with Wolves missing out on an European place, just to stint the constant quality they seem to attract for what should be a club on a par with us, but yet, like Leicester, seem miles ahead.

13 minutes ago, GDog07 said:

Would love a Burnley win here, with Tottenham closing in on Wolves, and others behind catching up, could do with Wolves missing out on an European place, just to stint the constant quality they seem to attract for what should be a club on a par with us, but yet, like Leicester, seem miles ahead.

A Wolves win means Saints can go within 2 points of Burnley tomorrow. Potential top half finish still on.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

A Wolves win means Saints can go within 2 points of Burnley tomorrow. Potential top half finish still on.

That’s true, that’s ideal for this season, I’m thinking of the potential progression that teams like Wolves will make over the next few seasons if they get CL football alongside Leicester, I’d rather their progress was stunted now for the sake of a 10th place finish for us. The exact same reason I’m hoping Leicester miss out on CL football this season, hopefully stunting their progress too.

Would personally like to close the gap on the already widening margin between us and sides like Leicester and Wolves that we should be on a par with.