Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

Watching Derby v Brentford, Brentford’s scouting is superb, look a quality outfit and great to watch. Makes you astonished that Saints stuck with the old loon and his wee carer as long as they did. Beharama out of our range but can see why Chelsea and Man U want him. Watkins and also Henry their LB impressive amongst others.

That’s good news, Saints desperately need the money for finishing further up the table. Man U a free hit on Monday and then go for a maximum after that. Every place gained compensates for the wages of one of Les and Ross’s numerous disasters. Plus Fraser’s dodgy extension. 

Would love to see Brentford in the PL 

Used to live and work in the area for 45 years watched them loads of times

They were the first team I saw at the Dell in the Football Combination in 1962 I think Gerry Cakebread was in goal

10 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

That feeling when you forgot to change your Fantasy Football team around and have Antonio and Gayle on the bench... 😫

No doubt one of your first 11 won’t start their game and make a 5 minute cameo for 1 point. 

Pep bringing on Mahrez vs Liverpool cost me 9 points last week. 

27 minutes ago, John B said:

Would love to see Brentford in the PL 

Used to live and work in the area for 45 years watched them loads of times

They were the first team I saw at the Dell in the Football Combination in 1962 I think Gerry Cakebread was in goal

New ground too. Shame I never made it to the old one.

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

New ground too. Shame I never made it to the old one.

If they do come up we may have to hope they hang around for a bit for the chance of seeing it. Even if they let fans back into restricted capacity stadiums next season it may be some time before we see away supporters inside them.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

I'd rather Burnley didn't move a point further away from Saints. They are still catchable, even more so if they lost to Liverpool.

They're not catchable, we won't catch them.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If they lost to Liverpool they'd only be 5 points ahead. That is catchable.

Burnley have now lost one game in thirteen, and that was to Manchester City. They're now on 50 points with 9 more points to play for, including Norwich.

If that was Saints would you be forecasting that our form is about to collapse so badly that a team 6 points behind are going to overhaul us?

Edited by CB Fry
13 matches not 11.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Think they can still get 101.

Gah. 102. 93 + 9 left. Sorry appalling maths on my part. Just pleased they've dropped a couple today if it makes it more difficult to break the record.

14 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

Wow, so much for Sheffield United's restart blip. 

Yep. They got their mojo back. McGoaldrought scores two.😳 I think we'll see some unexpected results before the end of the season, starting with our win at OT.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Yep. They got their mojo back. McGoaldrought scores two.😳 I think we'll see some unexpected results before the end of the season, starting with our win at OT.

If you said he'd be scoring against Chelsea today 10 years ago I would never have believed it. 

McGoldrick's first ever PL goals.

Big results today. Watford and West Ham pretty much making themselves safe, Bournemouth villa now all but gone.

Chelsea's defeat has thrown European football hopes wide open... (not for us, though - the results today pretty much ended our top half hopes)

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

Their manager is doing an incredible job.

Wilder should really win manager of the year. At this rate they'll be in the Europa league group stage next season, when you look at them and Wolves does make you wonder what we could have achieved if we were not such a shambles at the start of the season. 

Special mention for Dyche at Burnley, he's done a superb job again (beating us twice frustratingly) 

We'll now finish 11th - 14th , not much scope for moving up the table. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

McGoldrick's first ever PL goals.

Big results today. Watford and West Ham pretty much making themselves safe, Bournemouth villa now all but gone.

Chelsea's defeat has thrown European football hopes wide open... (not for us, though - the results today pretty much ended our top half hopes)

I would love it if Chelsea missed out on CL. The media love for lampard is nauseating at times, let alone the default position that their young players are world beaters...I mean, I can't remember a good game Hudson-odi has ever had....

Then again, the smug twat at Leicester is equally insufferable

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedWillie said:

I think they'll already be gone. Leicester tomorrow and Man city Thursday 

West Ham and Watford play each other next, and that's their only game before we play Bournemouth.

It's only a draw in that game and Bournemouth losing twice that would send them down before they play us.