Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

47 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

It’s like Reed and Wilson went there for a summer. Bournemouth have got some garbage on comparatively big wages to their future income - Cook, Solanke, Lerma - we wanted Mepham but don’t know what happened to him. Ibe must have been a big waste too. 

I know a member of the coaching staff & he told me Ibe was far and away the most skilful player he’s seen in training, he just couldn’t produce it on match day. 

1 hour ago, saint1977 said:

It’s like Reed and Wilson went there for a summer. Bournemouth have got some garbage on comparatively big wages to their future income - Cook, Solanke, Lerma - we wanted Mepham but don’t know what happened to him. Ibe must have been a big waste too. 

Lewis Cook was called up to the England squad, earned a cap and then was injured - he hasn't got back to form yet. On form he's a CM who keeps the ball well and someone we could do with. Fits our usual age target, but Bournemouth may want a few quid.

Bournemouth have a few players others teams will want or gamble on. Ake, Willson & Brooks (as already mentioned), but I think Lewis Cook, King and Ramsdale will also get PL moves.

Billing, Lerma, Solanke, Ibe (who's already left on a free now) have been a big waste of cash.

Edited by Saint Mikey

I know Plucky Little Bournemouth isn't a proper derby for you and all that, but I look at the fixtures and can't help thinking how lovely it would be if it was you who officially relegate them.

We (BHA) don't much like PLB either and after their smugness following their 0-5 victory at the Amex last season,  I only wish it was us who got the chance to send them down.  See you next season chaps.

Edited by Simster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The scheduling of these games has allowed me to watch a few games of teams I don’t normally watch. I’m so glad I support Saints and not Palace. Man are Roy’s tactics negative. That and Zaha thinks he’s a big name player but he just floats, all game doing absolutely nothing. What a waste of talent. Less said about Benteke the better, he’s utterly toothless.

Yes we are currently below them but at least we play an attractive style. It must be murder being a Palace fan knowing that they might not even attempt to score in the game.

14 hours ago, Simster said:

I know Plucky Little Bournemouth isn't a proper derby for you and all that, but I look at the fixtures and can't help thinking how lovely it would be if it was you who officially relegate them.

We (BHA) don't much like PLB either and after their smugness following their 0-5 victory at the Amex last season,  I only wish it was us who got the chance to send them down.  See you next season chaps.

I hope the Cherries stay up and West Ham go down but I doubt that will happen. Not this season but in the past the Cherries played attractive football and Howe seems to be a decent manager.

Well done to BHA by the way.

Bournemouth are a prime example of smaller club getting an infusion of money and not knowing what to do with it. They have bought poorly and they have destroyed the siege mentality and "all in this together" mindset that they had built up over the years. Shame really.

In all honesty, between villa , Watford and west ham for the 3rd relegation spot.. Bournemouth are done (noting their fixtures).

West ham v Villa last game of the season. I hope it's all to play for but reckon West ham will be fine by then

With Bournemouth going down, they will need to bounce back straight away otherwise, that will be them done as a top flight team for many many years.

Edited by Batman

So, we could have lost all three games since restart (which would have been 5 straight defeats, or one win in eight) and we'd still be seven points clear of relegation.

When we hit 34 points on February 22nd and I said we were safe, this was what I was getting at. We were safe safe safe then, as is being borne out now.

Oh well, same again next season, only I hope we hit 34 points by Christmas.

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

So, we could have lost all three games since restart (which would have been 5 straight defeats, or one win in eight) and we'd still be seven points clear of relegation.

When we hit 34 points on February 22nd and I said we were safe, this was what I was getting at. We were safe safe safe then, as is being borne out now.

Oh well, same again next season, only I hope we hit 34 points by Christmas.

We could have lost every game since we beat Leicester on 11th January and we’d still be out the relegation zone.

Another 2 debatable VAR decisions in the ManU match , pen against MU handball? And offside against MU when they scored. The line that we were shown on the VAR replay had a line so wide it covered both players feet !

I feel that is correct re the offside but previously this season it would have been ruled out.

22 hours ago, Simster said:

Disagree, like many Saints fans I like Bournemouth and was hoping they'd stay up. Good for the south if we have Saints, Bournemouth and yourselves if the top flight,. Although further away would like Plymouth to make it one day. Only one team I'm pleased to remain outside of the PL.

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

Another 2 debatable VAR decisions in the ManU match , pen against MU handball? And offside against MU when they scored. The line that we were shown on the VAR replay had a line so wide it covered both players feet !

That line is only so wide so it shows up clearly on TV - the one they use to actually make the decision is much thinner.

I watched the Leicester game yesterday, and I didn't even notice that Chilwell went of at half time.  Whoever came on for him had such little influence on the game that I had to look up the Guardian report afterwards to see who he was ( Bennett) . Don't think I heard the commentator mention him once in 45 minutes.  

Vardy was crap until he got that tap in, watch him go on a run now ! 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Disagree, like many Saints fans I like Bournemouth and was hoping they'd stay up. Good for the south if we have Saints, Bournemouth and yourselves if the top flight,. Although further away would like Plymouth to make it one day. Only one team I'm pleased to remain outside of the PL.

You wouldn’t say that if had to live & work with the two team twats. 

Watched a bit of the Pompey game. Neither team really deserved the win, although Pompey nearly sneaked it late on when Oxford's keeper booted a clearance into a striker and it hit the bar.

Another season in League 1. Haha.

11 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Watched a bit of the Pompey game. Neither team really deserved the win, although Pompey nearly sneaked it late on when Oxford's keeper booted a clearance into a striker and it hit the bar.

Another season in League 1. Haha.

Will that be 10 consecutive seasons stuck in the bottom two divisions divisions hahahahah, whole generation of fans growing up knowing the best they can do is  occasional runs in the checkatrade trophy for excitement. 

Absolutely brilliant couple of days of football.