Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fair play to Hodgson, his players looked fit, sharp and well drilled. Boscombe were poor, but Palace looked like they’re well prepared. 

About as insightful as Alex Scott

1 hour ago, Suhari said:

Not sure if I'd prefer Bournemouth or West Ham to go down.

Both, hopefully.

Same conclusion I came too as well. I’d love us to send Bournemouth down, would be a hilarious case of karma given their celebrations earlier this season.

8 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Same conclusion I came too as well. I’d love us to send Bournemouth down, would be a hilarious case of karma given their celebrations earlier this season.

Would give their 'yoof' another reason to hate us. 'cause we're their big local rivals you know.

Ideally I’d pick West Ham and Aston Villa to go down

There are suggestions Bournemouth would go under if they went down this season, so let em have one more seasons worth of PL money I think to fix that- don’t really mind them in the PL in fairness - they’re not a long term rival as such.

1 hour ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Eddie Howe is painfully overrated. He's spent an absolute fortune at Bournemouth. 

His struggles at a club who had greater expectations at the time in Burnley are always forgotten about too when he gets linked to every big club job.

West Ham and Villa would be ideal. Don't like Watford but think both Villa and West Ham could be better next season if they stay up so be good to get them out the way.

Would like AFCB to stay up but suspect Howe may walk at the end of the season even if they stay up ( emotional 'taken them as far as he can .... new challenge' type of speech coming up), As most of the bigger jobs he's been linked with are now taken I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at West Ham, and if that's not avaialble, then the skates.

Huge fuckup by Stevens for 10 man Sheffield Utd. 1-0 Newcastle. 

Sheff Utd look shocking since the return. Looks like they’ve had too much time to think about European qualification and are really nervy.

Edited by OttawaSaint

25 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Sheffield United doing us no favours. Comical first goal, silly sending off (for the first yellow) Billy Sharp missed a sitter, another chance and poor keeping for Newcastle's second. And now 3-0

Sheff Utd are potentially catchable for Saints. Especially as we play them last game of the season.

15 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

If you squint at the league table, cross your fingers and pray, it's just about possible for us to qualify for the Europa League (assuming 8th place would be sufficient)

Heck of a long shot, but just about conceivable.

Wouldn't want us to. We're not anywhere near ready for that and don't have the money available to build the squad enough, so it would be a hugely damaging distraction next season. Top half would be as good as it gets for me, will probably just be short of that though.

15 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Wouldn't want us to. We're not anywhere near ready for that and don't have the money available to build the squad enough, so it would be a hugely damaging distraction next season. Top half would be as good as it gets for me, will probably just be short of that though.

You don't want European football so we can do better at qualifying for Europe in the future?

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

You don't want European football so we can do better at qualifying for Europe in the future?

I don't want it yet, it would be a disaster. We need to sort out our ownership first so that we have some money behind us.

The money you get from the Europa League is miniscule, so for clubs like us it just hinders you in the league unless you have some real investment behind you. I think you knew all too well what I meant to be honest, but you're just being your usual pedantic self.

To be fair to MLG- I’d prefer us to finish in a European spot this season, finishing 7th (assuming that 8th doesnt do it for us because City are allowed to play in Europe) would cap an excellent end to the season.

It might even convince some of those nearing the end of their contracts to resign and would make us a very attractive proposition for next season to anyone who wants to come here.

Although having said all of above, if fans aren’t allowed in the stadiums for next season’s European campaign then I’d rather we qualified for the following year!!!

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If we can go to the games then there's nothing I want more than the chance to visit some random European towns or cities. 

Should it be impossible for us to attend games then I'm not quite so excited about the prospect but would still welcome it.

Anyone who doesn't want it probably didn't go to Milan, Prague, Bucharest etc etc because they were great trips (despite the results!)

10 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Pool have won the league anyway. Better to keep closer to the dugout boys. 

No way! I'm still holding out hope on the most spectacular implosion since Kevin "I would luv it!" Keegan!