Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

49 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Shit Merseyside derby so far. 

34 minutes ago, whelk said:

Cab anyone remember a good Merseyside derby? Fcking borefest as always

Yet the media, BBC in particular, insist on force feeding this wonderful spectacle on us in the belief that you can't be a football fan unless you lap this up.

Outside Murkeyside and their band of gloryseeking fans it's an utter borefest.

26 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

I guess we were a bit tough on Saints’ passing in first 15-20 minutes. Some of the passing in this game was shockingly bad.

Yeah some teams have started off looking very ropey. For notoriously slow starters we were out the blocks very well. 

37 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Wow, Burnley have only got 7 subs, a bunch of kids make up the bench plus one in the team. Looks like they might be trying to freewheel to end of the season.

I read somewhere that they’re binning all the guys out of contract June 30th and won’t take advantage of being able to extend. Joe Hart for one, but there were 3 or 4 others mentioned. Makes sense, they’re not going down. 

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

Wow, Burnley have only got 7 subs, a bunch of kids make up the bench plus one in the team. Looks like they might be trying to freewheel to end of the season.

7 subs, 2 of which are GKs and 5 of them have never made an appearance for Burnley.

Hoping City can go ahead and make our home result to Leicester less extraordinary...

59 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Burnley might as well not have turned up.

This league is full of so much utter trash.

If we had the best fixture to start with, Burnley had the worst, especially considering that City already had a game under their belts.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

If we had the best fixture to start with, Burnley had the worst, especially considering that City already had a game under their belts.

For a bunch of hard working scrappers Burnley looked bamboozled early on - just as Arsenal did the other night a Sky stat came up in that Arsenal game as the match was entering the final 10 mins - shots on target Man City 16 - Arsenal 2.

City look like they have been training together all through lockdown - they are so metronomic I nodded off in both tonights game and last Wednesdays!!

2 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Ditto - couple of Hammer fans I play footie with are so confident they won't go down. Be amusing if they did given the money spent.

If they do you can't really consider it anything other than self inflicted considering they've appointed David moyes. 

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

West Ham in deep doodoo now. They look utterly broken. No real leaders in that team. They need someone to step up or they are going down. 

They are lucky Bournemouth looking equally as hapless.

I still think they’ll beat Villa on the final day and probably stay up. Sadly.

That goal was so perfect for this game! Really poor quality on show.

West Ham have had 'chances', but they just seem to lack any real shape or pattern to their play. Think they're in real, real trouble this time. They don't seem to have anyone who can score goals.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

West Ham fans are probably wondering where their next point is coming from.

They're not getting the luck going their way either, I'd be surprised if they manage to stay up from here.

I dunno, looking at their fixtures, they have a chance...

Burnley home, Norwich Away, Watford home, Villa home. 

They'll be struggling though, huge pressure on those key games. Bournemouth though.....I think they're finished.

Bournemouth, Villa, Norwich for me.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I dunno, looking at their fixtures, they have a chance...

Burnley home, Norwich Away, Watford home, Villa home. 

They'll be struggling though, huge pressure on those key games. Bournemouth though.....I think they're finished.

Bournemouth, Villa, Norwich for me.

Yeah, I think Bournemouth and Norwich are going as well.

As for the last one, wouldn't surprise me if it goes down to West Ham vs Villa on the last day!

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

I suspect most would prefer the dild* brothers to go down?

Would be funny just for the Sky meltdown at who to root for next as at the moment it’s Liverpool followed by errr Liverpool and Liverpool then the 5 of the “Big 6”  swiftly followed by the ‘Ammers. 

Still these last few games will get them use to the emptiness of the London stadium in the championship.

1 hour ago, John Boy Saint said:

Would be funny just for the Sky meltdown at who to root for next as at the moment it’s Liverpool followed by errr Liverpool and Liverpool then the 5 of the “Big 6”  swiftly followed by the ‘Ammers. 

Still these last few games will get them use to the emptiness of the London stadium in the championship.

Not sure I’m quite over them fellating West Ham dry over the last game at the Boleyn Ground. That was so nauseating. 

Fuck ‘em, hope they go down. Horrible team that plays shite most of the year but saves their best stuff for when they play us.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

It's a massive evening for the relegation battle, Villa have actually looked half decent so far.

I want Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich to win personally. Beat a couple of teams around us and really drop the Hammers in it.

• Like 1