Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49684490

Who'd have thought....so many months on!

Massive turn round. Got me thinking how things have changed so much.

If I remember correctly, they had a bad run of injuries that exposed a thin squad. Whilst it took a 9-0 thrashing for Ralph to go back to his true principles and build a team round the way he wanted to play. And, apart from a lean spell before lock-down, we've never looked back.

1 minute ago, Shroppie said:

Massive turn round. Got me thinking how things have changed so much.

If I remember correctly, they had a bad run of injuries that exposed a thin squad. Whilst it took a 9-0 thrashing for Ralph to go back to his true principles and build a team round the way he wanted to play. And, apart from a lean spell before lock-down, we've never looked back.

It has been a complete turn around, like you said even barring that little dip in Feb we have been pretty solid since November to be honest. We'd be nailed on top half had and pushing for top 6 had it not been for our late September/October form, we even started the season decent enough.

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It has been a complete turn around, like you said even barring that little dip in Feb we have been pretty solid since November to be honest. We'd be nailed on top half had and pushing for top 6 had it not been for our late September/October form, we even started the season decent enough.

I believe some of the decent results early on papered over the cracks.  We looked dodgy as hell in some games and came crashing down against Leicester.

Even early on at home to Bournemouth, Ings was sub, boufal played as did Danso.  

2 minutes ago, Batman said:

I believe some of the decent results early on papered over the cracks.  We looked dodgy as hell in some games and came crashing down against Leicester.

Even early on at home to Bournemouth, Ings was sub, boufal played as did Danso.  

Yeah, we had problems at the start. Got a couple of decent away results at Sheffield United and Brighton, but that wasn't as straight forward as the score line suggested - we were lucky in both of those iirc.

We needed a bit of a readjustment and I'm glad the club backed Ralph to oversea that, as I never saw him as the problem. He was working with quite a disjointed bunch and he's somehow managed to forge a team with them. I just hope we make the most of Ralph and provide him the funds to add quality in a couple of positions.

How on earth did we lose 0-9 at home to Leicester? They look like getting thrashed by Bournemouth. If Leicester had been down to 10 men earlier, Bournemouth could  have beaten them 9-0. Mind you, Bournemouth have been showing some real grit lately and they drew with Spurs in their last game. They'll be looking to do the double over us.

Edited by Nordic Saint

1 minute ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Leicester imploded. Watford and Villa for the drop I reckon. 

1 minute ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Leicester imploded. Watford and Villa for the drop I reckon. 

You know Bournemouth play Man City away next game?

This Leicester result has far more potential to influence our next match than the Villa/Palace match ever did.

United now have a real shot at getting into the top four tomorrow. Let's hope they blow it like Leicester have.

Just now, CB Fry said:

This Leicester result has far more potential to influence our next match than the Villa/Palace match ever did.

United now have a real shot at getting into the top four tomorrow. Let's hope they blow it like Leicester have.

And Chelsea

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Exactly. Especially if it forms part of a great escape. 

I'd quite like them to stay up. Certainly over someone like West ham. Either they beat us and take a big step towards staying up and probably relegate Watford or West ham or we send them down. Win win. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

Should have been 5.

I’ve seen Norwich play better football lately than Leicester have in the last half hour.

Serious mentality issue to turn so bad and make so many awful mistakes after being so good for 60mins. Capitulation and possibly throwing away CL football along with it since they have Sheff Utd, Tottenham & Man Utd to end the season with.

Edited by GDog07
additional.

Too little too late for Bmuff me thinks. Still 3 points adrift, worst GD compared to WHam/Watford and away to City, home to us and away to Everton their last three games. WHam and Watford play each other next too so one if not both can pick up points

West Ham and Watford may well play out the infamous sterile 0-0 draw. If we assume Bmuff lose to Citeh that would leave them needing to beat both us and Everton to give themselves any hope of surviving. Still think tonight has just prolonged the inevitable for them.

32 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Mainly annoying because now Man Utd will be even more up for it tomorrow.

Really want Watford to beat West Ham in their next game to give them something to worry about. 

I don’t think it will have made any difference. United are going balls out until the end of the season and confidence will be sky high. 

41 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Mainly annoying because now Man Utd will be even more up for it tomorrow.

Really want Watford to beat West Ham in their next game to give them something to worry about. 

Doesn't make any difference. If Leicester had won MU I would still go top 4 above Chelsea with a win.