Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

9 hours ago, Batman said:

I would love it if Chelsea missed out on CL. The media love for lampard is nauseating at times, let alone the default position that their young players are world beaters...I mean, I can't remember a good game Hudson-odi has ever had....

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/03/callum-hudson-odoi-sends-reminder-frank-lampard-class-goal-chelsea-training-12942463/

Chelsea said to looking to sign a replacement as H O hasn't developed as hoped . Seems to be a bit of a pain .....

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ancelotti is in for a shock if he still thinks he can get Everton challenging for the Champions League any time soon! 

Probably another summer of spending big to then underachieve again next season.

15 minutes ago, striker said:

This is the end of Villa in the Premier, and not a minute to soon

It will be a shame for Saints if they lose because we are unbeaten in our last 8 games v Villa, Villa Park is a decent stadium and we certainly don't want Palace to win because  they will overtake us in the league if they do. 

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I don't think you can play down the magnitude of this result on our march to tenth place.

Fingers crossed the teams in 13th/14th/15th keep losing because god knows we need that so bad. So, so bad.

This +7

21 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Too bad WHU and Watford both won yesterday. Would love to see one of those go down. West Ham always suddenly gain form when they play us and Watford get jammy undeserved equalizers.

I wouldn’t fancy Watford’s run in if they lose to West Ham, they’ve City & Arsenal left. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

1 minute ago, Shroppie said:

But if Watford beat West Ham, the Villa v West Ham game on the last afternoon could be tasty.

Yeah, but I’d fancy Villa turning over West Ham if they’re safe. 

If I’m a Villa fan , my pathway out is for West Ham to beat Watford, Villa to beat Everton & a safe West Ham and then hope Watford don’t get more than one point off Arsenal & City. 

Id choose West Ham to go down over Villa/Watford, and if that doesnt materialise then I’m happy to see Villa go.

Watford in the long run pose no threat because they aren’t as big as the other two can potentially be.

12 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

In order to do that you'd still need to finish above Palace. Catching Burnley will be tricky, but a Palace win today would have put them above us.

An alternative view is Burnley are 6 points clear of us with four games to go. If, as you say, we are aiming to finish above them, then we need to do a heck of a lot more than to whittle about the team in 14th winning or losing the odd game.

Or, more succinctly, absolutely fucking irrelevant.

Edited by CB Fry

Man City next for Bournemouth, could be relegated before we play them  if they lose tonight and at city as you’d expect then Watford get a point in their game v West Ham. Let’s hope they hold on so we can send them down next Sunday 

Edited by Turkish

If Danny Ings is watching this pathetic Bournemouth team he must be licking his lips. To cap it all they've even managed to get their only class player Ake injured when their own player put Vardy through on goal. Hilarious to watch. Eddie Howe being found out as a one trick pony.

Edited by Teddeer
Added content