Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

2 hours ago, Bananaman said:

Exactly this. All their fans chanting "the south-coast is ours" and "oh when the saints go marching down". Bournemouth are a nothing team from a s-hole city with nothing to offer the premier league. 

I, for one, hope they go down and hope we are the ones to hammer the final nail in. The only down side to this would be missing out on the fans crying in the stands. 

I agree 100% with this. I have every respect for those fans who watched them through thick and thin in the lower divisions. The plastics who have latched onto them and are, perhaps, the more vocal of their supporters can go and do one.

13 hours ago, bpsaint said:

You’d happily see us lose to them? Fuck that - how could you gladly have us lose a game. Could you imagine them sounding off about taking 6 points off us this season and staying up by beating us?

i was genuinely happy for them when they first came up, then it got a bit silly and all the Bournemouth fans I’m aquatinted with started calling me scummer, and trying to give it the ‘Top Bantz’, and they quickly became an annoying pimple on our arse. Them winning at St Mary’s, celebrating like they won the league, and singing “Oh When The Saints, Go Marching Down” hasn’t been forgotten, and it would be fantastic to dish out a little bit of karma for that.

That about sums it up for me exactly 

1 minute ago, GDog07 said:

Get in Villa!

Just need Watford to do West Ham and it’s shaping up nicely for Villa to do West Ham on the last day and send them down. That would be beautiful 🤣

My sentiments exactly. 
would just love to see West Ham relegated. 
more so than Bournemouth. 
both would be bloody lovely though. 

2 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Fair to say I'll be throwing my life savings on a draw between between West Ham & Watford tomorrow. Lets just say, it's a result that wouldn't hurt either of them.

Only if us and Arsenal do the business at the weekend, though.

If we lose to Bournemouth or Villa beat Arsenal, all of a sudden there's only a point between them heading into the final day. Watford play Man City and Arsenal in their last two. West Ham v Villa would be a proper winner-stays-up clash, and you could easily see Bournemouth winning at Everton the way Everton have been playing lately.

13 hours ago, wadesmith said:

Fair to say I'll be throwing my life savings on a draw between between West Ham & Watford tomorrow. Lets just say, it's a result that wouldn't hurt either of them.

But a win for either makes them virtually safe. Both wouldn't say no to a draw, but they'll be playing to win.

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Leeds next season then. They've been close to promotion so many times it was about time they made it. 

Will be interesting to see how Bielsa does. Will at least provide some entertainment with their style of play.

I wonder how it would have gone for them if we hadn't had the shut down? They were in bad form before the shut down, and the last few seasons they've tailed off going into the last quarter of the season.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Just noticed Watford's goal difference isn't a huge amount better than Bournemouth's, especially if they take a pasting here...

Even if today was a 1 goal loss for Watford, their remaining games are Man City and Arsenal so goal difference probably will go in Bournemouth's favour. 

Well done for not turning up Watford! Biggest game of their season, maybe the last 2 seasons.

Remaining games against City and Arsenal, their only hope is that Bournemouth don't pickup 3 points in the next two games - as Watford aren't going to pick anything.

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Even with a loss they can stay up by beating Everton if Watford lose both remaining games. 

Indeed. We can no longer be the team that sends Bournemouth down (unless  maybe we beat them something like 9 nil...)

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Well done for not turning up Watford! Biggest game of their season, maybe the last 2 seasons.

Remaining games against City and Arsenal, their only hope is that Bournemouth don't pickup 3 points in the next two games - as Watford aren't going to pick anything.

That Everton equaliser last night looks even more of a killer for Villa now. 

It’s Bournemouth’s to chuck away now. 2 mid table teams with nothing to play for left & only 3 points adrift. They’d have bitten your hand off for that 2 weeks ago. 

I just hope our players really are up for it, & it’s not just talk.