Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

Why do refs often treat second yellows differently to first yellows? Blatant yellow card tackle there from the Barnsley player yet he just gets a talking to because he's already had a yellow. Gets my goat that does.

And then Barnsley go on to score the winner...

Edited by trousers

Gutted that Forest didn't make it. Mainly for selfish reasons - they're local - but also what have we got left now?

Brentford who are a walking choke and 100% gone in the semis. Then Fulham, Swansea, Cardiff. Yawn yawn yawn. Seen you lot before.

Edited by CB Fry

What a mental night in the Championship!! Wigan were looking safe even with the point deduction but it’s caught up with them on tonight’s results!!

Brentford with the biggest bottle job since Spurs finished 3rd in a two horse race and that year Gerrard slipped.

Forest must be gutted too - was hoping they’d be up through the play offs, proper football club like Leeds.

Edited by bpsaint

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I presume you’re posting that in your capacity as chairman of the Hampshire kebab vans union?

No mate, I'm the president of the 'Chaz Austin Pressing from the Front' school of soccer tactics!

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Championship tonight was just nuts.

Didn't think Forest would be dropping out of the playoffs.

Didn't think Charlton would be going down either.

Yeah, crazy night. Brentford just choked with the bit of pressure in those last two games. After winning 7 on the bounce.....

Amazing for Luton too, didn't see them surviving. Still up in the air for Barnsley I guess, no idea why they celebrated so madly as Wigan could still stay up.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, crazy night. Brentford just choked with the bit of pressure in those last two games. After winning 7 on the bounce.....

Amazing for Luton too, didn't see them surviving. Still up in the air for Barnsley I guess, no idea why they celebrated so madly as Wigan could still stay up.

A shame really. Of all the sh*t holes I’ve been to in this country Luton is probably the showroom model, would have been nice to send the Skates there again.

5 minutes ago, Micky said:

No mate, I'm the president of the 'Chaz Austin Pressing from the Front' school of soccer tactics!

I’m not sure I’d want something that heavy pressing against me.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Ouch. Lallana one appearance short for a winner's medal too.

He'll probably still get one. The champion club gets given a specific number of medals to distribute how they see fit, to players, coaching staff, other club staff, etc, with the only stipulation that any player who has made 5 PL appearances during the season must get one.

Wow I really feel for Charlton (good mate supports em)

They are relegated because Brentford, and rightly so after all, had to go for broke to get the winning goal for promotion.

As it transpired, Barnsley score down the other end which sealed Charlton’s relegation and now its confirmed that Wigan are down too.

Great drama!

58 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

He'll probably still get one. The champion club gets given a specific number of medals to distribute how they see fit, to players, coaching staff, other club staff, etc, with the only stipulation that any player who has made 5 PL appearances during the season must get one.

I thought that was the whole point in extending his contract by a month. Would be a bit weird to do that and not give a medal.

Still can't get over the Barnsley match. In the drop for months, certainly since the virus break, go on the road to the 3rd place side, and score at the death to barely stay up. That celebration is what football is all about, a draw and they are down. Its the kind of match Reds supporters will be immortalizing for decades. I can envision a thread on their site 20 years from now about "Where were you when". Just great, and I could care less about Barnsley

4 hours ago, striker said:

Still can't get over the Barnsley match. In the drop for months, certainly since the virus break, go on the road to the 3rd place side, and score at the death to barely stay up. That celebration is what football is all about, a draw and they are down. Its the kind of match Reds supporters will be immortalizing for decades. I can envision a thread on their site 20 years from now about "Where were you when". Just great, and I could care less about Barnsley

And yet if Wigan do win their appeal against the points deduction, Barnsley are in fact relegated. Imagine how that would make Barnsley fans feel, after celebrating like nutcases over survival. Surely another court case. We haven’t heard the end of Championship relegation, that’s for sure.

Great day today.  So tight at the bottom.  Will be fun to watch the game plans change as they react to the results around them.  Will keep half an eye on it as our game goes on.  

Glad not to be a part of it.  

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Watford could become the first PL team in the bottom 3 at the start of the final day to stay up with a loss.

Reminds me of the Puel season. We were 0-0 at half time and 10th in the table. Second half we lost 1-0 and moved up to 8th.