2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

35 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I do regret purchasing mine, all very well having the money drip fed back to you but I'd rather have it in my bank given that we can't go seemingly at all.

It’s a credit and not a refund. Sorry :(

“With the home game against Spurs on Sunday 20th September confirmed as being behind closed doors, and as outlined as part of the Saints Promise, the pro-rata amount of your Season Ticket price will be automatically refunded directly to your account within 14 working days.“

17 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s a credit and not a refund. Sorry :(

“With the home game against Spurs on Sunday 20th September confirmed as being behind closed doors, and as outlined as part of the Saints Promise, the pro-rata amount of your Season Ticket price will be automatically refunded directly to your account within 14 working days.“

Do you want to re-read this again?

14 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

“Refunded to your account”

I think you’ll find that means your Saints account and not your bank or credit card.

Email from ticket office:- "For any games that Season Ticket Holders are not able to attend due to it being played behind closed doors, will get a pro – rata refund automatically. 

You will not need to request a refund."

Refund not credit....

Edited by miserableoldgit

14 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

So, we won't be going back for 6 months according to Boris. Wonder if we have to wait for refunds (14 days after each gane)or if they will take a sensible approach and reimburse us now.

This is going to really really hurt clubs. Will be lots of lower league clubs going out of business after Christmas in my opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Its your bank account.....

Ok, thanks. Presumably that would be a credit card account for those of u that paid that way.

15 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Email from ticket office:- "For any games that Season Ticket Holders are not able to attend due to it being played behind closed doors, will get a pro – rata refund automatically. 

Refund not credit....

16 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Refund not credit....

Yes, thanks. Some organisations use the two terms interchangeably. I could certainly do with having the money in my grubby hands.

I did notice that the wording is very careful to state that this will apply to games ‘without fans’.

20 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Refund not credit....

I wonder how the ‘pro-rata’ amount will be calculated bearing in mind that I paid for my tickets partly with the credit for the closed-stadium games at the end of last season. I would expect that it would be based on the full nominal price of the ticket and not the net price.

Time will tell.

19 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

“Refunded to your account”

I think you’ll find that means your Saints account and not your bank or credit card.

All very clear in article on website

“All supporters that have paid using card, either for the full cost of the Season Ticket, by instalments, or using a combination of card and credits, will be refunded directly to the card used for payment.”

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-09-18/southampton-fc-season-ticket-refunds-for-spurs?utm_source=dotmailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2776709_ANN - STH Action Required&utm_content=Spurs refund button&dm_i=2HKL,1NIIT,2DOXL8,5LVFC,1

If they are going to refund ST holders on a match by match basis, it is going to cost them a fortune in administration costs. Surely this will out weigh any advantage they might have in hanging on to your money 'til the bitter end. 

Why can't they face up to reality, there will be no fans at football matches this season so just refund all STs that were renewed now in one go? If in the very unlikely event fans can go back for the last 2 or 3 games, just charge per ticket at the time.

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

If they are going to refund ST holders on a match by match basis, it is going to cost them a fortune in administration costs. Surely this will out weigh any advantage they might have in hanging on to your money 'til the bitter end. 

Why can't they face up to reality, there will be no fans at football matches this season so just refund all STs that were renewed now in one go? If in the very unlikely event fans can go back for the last 2 or 3 games, just charge per ticket at the time.

Finally some sense, which means it won't happen. 

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I'm not so sure, by my very rough calculation they are sitting on well over £7 million , you can do a lot with that in short term investments. Given the choice I would have a full refund, I think we all purchased on the basis that we would have the opportunity to attend matches from October. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Cant this be done?
I am assuming the money I have invested in a season ticket this year may count towards next season based on credits provided on games I wont be able to attend.

I am not aware there is any way of opting out of the automatic game by game refund. Hopefully they will review policy after this week’s drastic changes.

TBF they are refunding as they said they would, I know it's being 'drip fed' but I don't think that this is unreasonable !

I'm personally much more concerned about having been sold 3 home replica shirts which were out of date even before they were received (I sent them to Belgium & Sth Africa) !

Including postage costs, I'm in for around £200 and have only been advised that "it's complicated and we are working on it" !

16 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

TBF they are refunding as they said they would, I know it's being 'drip fed' but I don't think that this is unreasonable !

I'm personally much more concerned about having been sold 3 home replica shirts which were out of date even before they were received (I sent them to Belgium & Sth Africa) !

Including postage costs, I'm in for around £200 and have only been advised that "it's complicated and we are working on it" !

I think the 'it's complicated and we are working on it'would be wearing a little thin on me by now

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

That's an option, but maybe people are thinking about helping the club out a bit by leaving the funds in there? Something Saints need to think about.

You actively want to loan SFC money interest free?  There's support and then there's being bummed hard.

Edited by benjii

@BenjiPotentially, its an option they could table, along with full refund, or the drip feed refund currently in place. Its not like I'd be losing a lot of interest on it. The point I'm trying to make is that the landscape has changed massively since we coughed up, therefore the restitution plan needs to change accordingly. One thing I can say I'd prefer not to be bummed at all, regardless of the intensity of said bumming😉

Edited by Toussaint
did not quote

On 22/09/2020 at 13:33, Whitey Grandad said:

I wonder how the ‘pro-rata’ amount will be calculated bearing in mind that I paid for my tickets partly with the credit for the closed-stadium games at the end of last season. I would expect that it would be based on the full nominal price of the ticket and not the net price.

Time will tell.

Same here. Should be based on the full amount.

The credit from last season was for the games we missed so should be entirely separate. It was easier than them having to refund you the cash. 

7 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I think the 'it's complicated and we are working on it'would be wearing a little thin on me by now

That seems to be the standard message on this subject, they also have no idea when the shirts will be on sale again, they seem to be completely unprepared for the sponsor disappearing and commercially the club look a complete shambles. 

Regarding the refunds i believe it is 1/19th we'll get back after each game behind closed doors. 

19 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Out of interest- has anyone had their money back for Spurs yet? Bearing in mind they said refunds would be in batches i would have thought they may have processed some by now. 

Not me and I think the lack of replies means that they prob haven't started.

Renewed 3 tickets over the phone with card and still no £35 discount voucher thing despite also filling in the online form. Sent an email in the end today as tried ringing Tues Wed to no avail.

The club really aren't very good at this kind of thing.

I know it's difficult times etc, but £1250 is a lot of money so they shouldn't make it this hard.

On 24/09/2020 at 21:26, whiteleySaint30 said:

Out of interest- has anyone had their money back for Spurs yet? Bearing in mind they said refunds would be in batches i would have thought they may have processed some by now. 

I haven’t checked my bank balance yet, but I got a phone call and email from the club asking to confirm I wanted the refund paid into the same account I paid from for 4 season tickets.

I am in the Saints Bar though (the “cheaper” end of corporate) - maybe they are refunding the dearer tickets first (eg refund for a box holder for Spurs game would be about £1,500, I think?)

Edited by SaintBobby

29 minutes ago, simo said:

How long did everyone wait between filling in the form and getting the refund in your bank for last season's tickets ?

No idea, if I don't get my spurs match tickets back within the agreed time I will be requesting my full season ticket money back on the basis they are a shit shower and in breech of their agreement terms........

Just had an email telling me I hadn't used the £35 voucher that I hadn't even applied for because I'm not really fussed about Saints merchandise.

Thought I may as well, so went on the website, selected a couple of things (no kits before anyone asks) and added my voucher code at the checkout only to be told it was invalid. 

Shambles.

28 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Just had an email telling me I hadn't used the £35 voucher that I hadn't even applied for because I'm not really fussed about Saints merchandise.

Thought I may as well, so went on the website, selected a couple of things (no kits before anyone asks) and added my voucher code at the checkout only to be told it was invalid. 

Shambles.

The first 2 they sent me didn't work. Third one did. Just got an email reminder saying I've not spent the first one that didn't work. 

I, along with others, didn't realise that the £35 could only be used online. We went to the Megastore, had a nose round and my wife found a hoodie that she liked. We took it to the counter and were told that we couldn't use it in store. I had to buy it online on my phone, put in the code, pay postage (which would later be returned) before we could take the item off the counter. Another couple in the same position came in just after us and had to go through the same procedure.......

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Shambles.

I ordered a couple of things and got a order confirmation - they never arrived and nothing is showing in my account history so I assume they were out of stock, not that I have been told that. Can't use the voucher again as it has been "used". E-mailed the club a week ago but have had no response.

12 hours ago, The Cat said:

Shambles.

Exactly the same for me...

After renewing I filled out the form and requested a hospitality voucher.  Hadn't received anything but figured this was due to the uncertainty around the return to stadiums.

Last night I received an e-mail containing:

As a thank you for renewing using your credits from your 2019/20 Season Ticket, we offered you a £35 voucher.

We noticed you haven't yet requested how you would like your voucher and because we want to make sure you don't miss out, we've included a £35 retail voucher* below, redeemable until Friday 2nd October.

Edited by Mozz

1 hour ago, StDunko said:

Exactly the same for me...

And me.

Update: New email just received with a new code which worked.

Order placed but got “Sorry, we couldn’t process your order” message.

Payment Declined, code : SUCCESS.

Received an order confirmation so looks like it did go through?!

Edited by CaymanSaint
Update

16 hours ago, The Cat said:

Shambles.

It’s all bargain bucket tat anyway barely worth the time, most of it is sold out and the remainder of the shirts from last season are only left in tent sizes.

Saints have to be one of the most stingy clubs in the PL and can never be trusted when it comes to these things.

Every ‘perk’ always comes with a meteorite sized asterisk e.g.

- ‘With your season ticket you get a discount on drinks and food!’ *Invalid 30 mins before kick off. (Ok they eventually changed this but still).

- ‘Renew your season ticket early and receive a £35 voucher for the Saints store!’ *Only valid on last seasons discontinued items until they are sold out.

They take being disingenuous to another level. 

Edited by Shandy_Top_89

4 minutes ago, StDunko said:

Is it only valid on last season's discontinued stuff?  I had a couple of books and a water bottle in my basket. Is that why the code failed?

I don't recall there being a clause that restricted what you could buy....

I am being a little ott, but I know you could only use it on selected items (most of which were discontinued). If the books and water were on the list it should go through, if not then it won’t work.

Edited by Shandy_Top_89

7 minutes ago, StDunko said:

Is it only valid on last season's discontinued stuff?  I had a couple of books and a water bottle in my basket. Is that why the code failed?

I don't recall there being a clause that restricted what you could buy....

Can buy anything except this year's kit. 

Admittedly no-one can buy this year's kit currently

I emailed the ticket office as I hadn't received a voucher and they promptly sent me one. They also posted a link to a page on the store that had discounts for season ticket holders as an extra bonus, but the £35 voucher isn't exclusive to everything on that page. I bought a pair of tracksuit bottoms which were on the new arrivals bit. 

HOWEVER, I did get an official club email a few hours later saying I used my voucher too late and here's a different one - which then didn't work 😂

But my original transaction which did seem to work, despite the 2nd email saying it didn't, is showing on my pending transactions (£1.50 postage) and is in my order history, so who knows.