2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

30 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Surprised people even bothered with buying/renewing season tickets. 

Interest free loan for a multi million £ company. 

All indications were we would be back by October, and as Whitey said, to retain our seats. Thought we were helping the club out a bit by stumping up. As I said way up the thread I’d gave been happy to leave it on deposit until next season but weren’t given that option. I feel more irritated by having it drip fed back, or not as in the last two games, than a definite conclusion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

At my age that’s by no means certain. My grandson will be at university by then so that’s the end of our shared experiences. And all for what?

No lives were saved by these measures.

Hope you get to a game or two with your grandson this year mate, although just going to uni shouldn't put an end to it depending on distance , I still used to travel down and go to all the games when a student  plus you'll be able to go for a beer or jaegerbomb together pre match enhancing your Grandad / Grandson bonding. 

I agree these measures have gone well over the remit of the govt, they can advise and promote what we should do but this totalitarian covid cult has gone too far. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Hope you get to a game or two with your grandson this year mate, although just going to uni shouldn't put an end to it depending on distance , I still used to travel down and go to all the games when a student  plus you'll be able to go for a beer or jaegerbomb together pre match enhancing your Grandad / Grandson bonding. 

I agree these measures have gone well over the remit of the govt, they can advise and promote what we should do but this totalitarian covid cult has gone too far. 

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My daughter used to come with me 30 years ago the she went to Reading University which was close enough to come back for home games and on the way to most away ones. She’s now living nearby with three kids of her own and she would come to a few games again. 

Have the best Christmas that circumstances allow and let’s hope for a more sensible 2021.

• Like 1

Phoned up today - had a go that no Man utd refund recieved. Was offered a full refund (for entire season ticket). Funny thing is i don't want a full refund as I will then lose my seats for next season (sit with friends). All I want is my refunds paid when they should be as opposed to having to work for them (by emailing/phoning on multiple occasions). 

• Like 2

There was an issue with my card they were refunding on apparently for the first two matches (there shouldnt have been , theres nothing wrong with it) so i gave them my bank account details and asked if changing them online would mean all future refunds would go there. Yes, was they reply, that should save any problems. So I did.

Made no difference, refunds don't go into my bank account or onto my card, I had to phone for a refund for matches 3 and 4 and looks very much like I will have to do the same for matches 5 & 6.

I will always stand by the belief that they shouldn't have sold season tickets, real shit show money grabbing attempt by the club.

At the very most they should have given the fans an option to pay a small fee just to guarantee their seat and a part in any ticket ballot (where you'd buy the ticket for the match you're chosen for).

I think it's bonkers that they took everyone's money when it was all so unknown. The hassle that people are going through to get those refunds is a very poor show as well.

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

The club is premier league but the ticket office has always been Tyro 

And their online shop. We ordered 1 3rd kit shirt but 2 arrived under 2 order numbers and charging us for both. Sent 1 back immediately and they received it back 2 weeks ago today (tracked), still no refund.

Have tried to ring them but the online phone option just rings and rings, and the megastore option just bleeps 3 times and cuts off, both of these options have been like this for at least the last week.

I used their online contact message email yesterday to chase up the refund and of course no automated email acknowledgement for me to know that they have received the message!!

47 minutes ago, M271 said:

And their online shop. We ordered 1 3rd kit shirt but 2 arrived under 2 order numbers and charging us for both. Sent 1 back immediately and they received it back 2 weeks ago today (tracked), still no refund.

Have tried to ring them but the online phone option just rings and rings, and the megastore option just bleeps 3 times and cuts off, both of these options have been like this for at least the last week.

I used their online contact message email yesterday to chase up the refund and of course no automated email acknowledgement for me to know that they have received the message!!

The shop is woeful. I ordered 2 kits for nephews of mine, one Boscombe & one saints. Boscombe was no trouble, arrived in a few days, tracked and they kept me informed the whole way. Saints was completely different, received  a confusing email stating it was on its way, but same email said “replica kits would be sent out later”. Tried to find out if it was coming, tracking order number didn’t work, as you say nobody answered phone, sent 2 emails and contact us form neither of which were replied to. It did actually turn up yesterday, but was a shambles from the start. Clearly we are busier than their shop, but there’s really no excuse for the appalling service. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

19 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

At my age that’s by no means certain. My grandson will be at university by then so that’s the end of our shared experiences. And all for what?

No lives were saved by these measures.

Agree with this. My boy is off to uni next September so this is my last season before I need to find  someone else to sit with. Wish everyone stopped oissing their pants and got on with love. Who knows what we will die of and when but until I do I want to carry on watching some live games.

• Like 2

I emailed ticket office this morning, regards Man U refund, which according to online had been credited to my account Dec 2nd

They came back within 3 hours and said this was only refunded to my card last week, should be in my account by Jan 5th

not brilliant and certainly doesn’t meet clubs refund promise, but at least money on its way

52 minutes ago, oldsarum said:

I emailed ticket office this morning, regards Man U refund, which according to online had been credited to my account Dec 2nd

They came back within 3 hours and said this was only refunded to my card last week, should be in my account by Jan 5th

not brilliant and certainly doesn’t meet clubs refund promise, but at least money on its way

Thanks. I’m still waiting for mine too.

I spoke to the ticket office this morning and was told the same as Old Sarum above about my Man U and Sheff U refunds. 

Delay was blamed on Christmas meaning less working days. Told to call back next week if not received. So over a month to refund Man U game from date of game. 

I've literally no idea what the club have refunded me, what with it coming in dribs and drabs. 

Think I'll wait until May, add them up all up and if it doesn't total 19 minus how many games I've done (none currently) I'll phone up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldsarum said:

Same here !

10 hours ago, oldsarum said:

I bloody well hope they refund me my 2 STs for Man U, Sheff U and Man C all at the same time and not just the Man U game

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I've literally no idea what the club have refunded me, what with it coming in dribs and drabs. 

Think I'll wait until May, add them up all up and if it doesn't total 19 minus how many games I've done (none currently) I'll phone up. 

TBH nor do I. I know what I have actually received and what is due, but it seems different to what it says on purchase history, where it states I have refunds dated...

• 29/09/20
  • 12/10/20
  • 23/10/20
  • 27/10/20
  • 01/12/20
  • 14/12/20

I received payments on

• 05/10/20 x 1 game
  • 16/10/20 x 1 game
  • 02/11/20 x 2 games

I'm guessing the last 2 on my Purchase History (01/12 & 14/12) are the Man U and Sheff U games that have been processed but quite why it takes 4 weeks to still not arrive is piss poor. 

As to the person who asked why some of us bothered to buy a ST, well, it was something one might have naively looked forward to using at some stage. Also the club were pretty persistent on the telephone calling me. And given the guarantee of repayment that they said they'd have (was it before 14 days of the game) then that seemed fine with me. It's not really the money aspect now, but the principle of it all. A company with a turnover in excess of £100m and which pays players of £86m a year, really should look after its customers in a better way, and stick to what they said would happen. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Are they sending the refunds by carrier pigeon FFS? These days it’s doesn’t take barely a day to clear into a bank account, let alone 2 weeks. 

It depends how the payment is being processed. A refund (or partial refund) to a debit or credit card can take a few days to go through depending on which banks are being used at both ends of the transaction. If they're paying direct into your bank account (e.g. if the card you used to buy your ST isn't in use anymore) then it should go in within 2 hours.

Got this email on Monday........

Having looked, I can see that the refunds up to and including Sheffield United were processed early last week, back to your card ending ****.

Further information regarding refunds for Manchester City, West Ham and Liverpool will follow in early January.

With the Christmas period and multiple bank holidays, we ask that you keep an eye on your account and please contact us if you not received this by Tuesday 5th January.

Any information surrounding refunds can be found on our website - including our Christmas office opening hours.

We apologise for the slight delay.”

Slight delay is a bit of an understatement.....

Edited by yellow&blue

On 24/12/2020 at 11:28, S-Clarke said:

I will always stand by the belief that they shouldn't have sold season tickets, real shit show money grabbing attempt by the club.

At the very most they should have given the fans an option to pay a small fee just to guarantee their seat and a part in any ticket ballot (where you'd buy the ticket for the match you're chosen for).

I think it's bonkers that they took everyone's money when it was all so unknown. The hassle that people are going through to get those refunds is a very poor show as well.

I don't think they've done anything different to other clubs (I think I read somewhere there are some holding on to money longer than Saints). Apart from that I think you'll find we bought our season tickets using free will.  No one forced us.

Haven't really been following my refunds, but given the travails experienced by many that are, thought I'd have a quick tally up.

I've not received anything back from the club since 3rd November, where I was refunded two payments of 2 tickets on the same day. Assuming that was an intentional lump of 4 refunds, I've had 6 refunds in total from the 8 home games we've played. So Sheffield United (13/12) and Man City (19/12) outstanding.

It'd be a clusterfuck for even a well-drilled organisation to manually process all of this, so can't even feign surprise that they're struggling.

They'd be significantly better off flipping the workload 'round - refund the remainder of all STs now, and process per-match payments as-and-when people get to attend. Assuming anybody actually does get to before the end of the season.

We know people from the club are monitoring this... Make your lives easier... 👀

47 minutes ago, ant said:

Haven't really been following my refunds, but given the travails experienced by many that are, thought I'd have a quick tally up.

I've not received anything back from the club since 3rd November, where I was refunded two payments of 2 tickets on the same day. Assuming that was an intentional lump of 4 refunds, I've had 6 refunds in total from the 8 home games we've played. So Sheffield United (13/12) and Man City (19/12) outstanding.

It'd be a clusterfuck for even a well-drilled organisation to manually process all of this, so can't even feign surprise that they're struggling.

They'd be significantly better off flipping the workload 'round - refund the remainder of all STs now, and process per-match payments as-and-when people get to attend. Assuming anybody actually does get to before the end of the season.

We know people from the club are monitoring this... Make your lives easier... 👀

I’m still waiting for Man Utd and everything after.

1 hour ago, Mowgli said:

I don't think they've done anything different to other clubs (I think I read somewhere there are some holding on to money longer than Saints). Apart from that I think you'll find we bought our season tickets using free will.  No one forced us.

Very much different to other, I beleive only 3/4 prem clubs gave sold season tickets. Free will yes - with the caveat of consequences if you don't (no longer retain your seat, no season tickets - no game). 

2 hours ago, Mowgli said:

We're one of a handful (if that) of clubs who have sold season tickets in their original form.

We shouldn't have sold them, end off. Not saying anyone forced you, but a lot of people did it because they didn't want to lose their seats - that was the primary driver for most, I'm sure of it. Therefore the club should have charged a smaller holding fee to sort that element out.

Then as games get allowed again they can work through the ballot and offer supporters the chances to buy tickets for game x or y. Job done. No hassle then about having to fluff around trying to get your money back. I know loads of people who have had issues.

Edited by S-Clarke

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We're one of a handful (if that) of clubs who have sold season tickets in their original form.

We shouldn't have sold them, end off. Not saying anyone forced you, but a lot of people did it because they didn't want to lose their seats - that was the primary driver for most, I'm sure of it. Therefore the club should have charged a smaller holding fee to sort that element out.

Then as games get allowed again they can work through the ballot and offer supporters the chances to buy tickets for game x or y. Job done. No hassle then about having to fluff around trying to get your money back. I know loads of people who have had issues.

Well said, exactly what I wanted to say in my previous post - just didn't articulate it as well as you. As for the 14 day promise - what a load #hit that is. If I don't renew my season ticket in time the consequences are they will flog my seat to someone else, what are the consequences of them not refunding us within the agreed timeframe? 

In Jully or whenever it was, things were looking a bit better than they are now. There was a optomistic hope that we might be back at SMS at some stage. That's why I bought my ticket, backed up with the 2 week guarantee. Plus I thought it might help cash flow for the club - but that they "shaft" the paying customer by taking a month + to refund when they said 2 weeks, that isn't good. 

I was happy to buy a season ticket, nobody forced me and with their '2 week' refund policy, there was nothing much to lose.

And here I am, still waiting for a refund from the Man Utd game in November. 

• Like 1

phoned ticket office this morning for refunds of now 5 matches and got recorded message saying ticket office closed this week and to check updated info on web site.Went to website and says open for calls on tuesdays and wednesdays 10-4. 

I also saw that i had been allocated a ticket for the coming arsenal match even though i said i didnt want to return til the virus is all over

Think they have got themselves in a complete mess and probably dont know who is due a refund so they are delaying things til sorted out.

Still no refund despite emailing before Christmas and being assured it had been processed the week before. The "useless" Saints Promise guarantees a refund within 14 days of a match being announced as being played without fans. To my mind the best course is therefore to give them a couple of weeks to refund all games until the end of February or even mid March. Not ideal but better to get everything up to date.

3 hours ago, LGTL said:

I was happy to buy a season ticket, nobody forced me and with their '2 week' refund policy, there was nothing much to lose.

And here I am, still waiting for a refund from the Man Utd game in November. 

Aren't we all?