Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

for when a high-intensity Leeds maybe tire?

Yep, I reckon we're gonna try and do to Leeds what teams tend to do with us.... i.e. soak up pressure in 2nd gear in the first half then ramp things up in the second half

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Actually kind of agree with Ings being dropped. 

Minamino being dropped however is an odd one, shouldn't need a rest as he got one for the cup game.

He did tire badly against Newcastle and if he still isn’t fully match fit he could fade again playing twice in four days. Overall it looks like a decent call from Ralph, likewise the decision to drop Ings.

1 minute ago, Teddeer said:

I predict those saying Ings needed dropping to the bench will be screaming for him to be brought on at half time.

Are you suggesting the two things are contradictory? I would venture otherwise. I advocated resting Ings from the starting line up for the very reason we can unleash him in the second half if needs be.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The cup game is on the 20th March, so it is completely irrelevant to tonight's selection decisions.

What is more relevant is we played 3 days ago and the front four players did a lot of running, so we have put some fresh players in the starting XI.

If a player does a hammy or something they could be out for 4-6 weeks, we have already lost important players in KWP, Theo, and Diallo to this and Ralph clearly is more fearful of it without access to our recooperation facilities. Maybe we will see players who are more prone to muscle injuries like Armstrong, Djenepo, and Ings rotated more in general now as we care less about the league.

More assists from Tella Like the one he set up Armstrong with against Wolves and we will be laughing. Happy Adams is back.

I think Leeds will be too strong for us but it depends on how our defence holds up. This could be a 1-0 Saints or a 4-0 Leeds. So hard to predict.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

No chance, Redmond will be up front again.

Even though Ralph has made it clear in the past that he sees Tella as an out-and-out striker rather than a '10' (and that he's happy playing Redmond in either position)...?

Edited by trousers

Scroll down to the green list for links for many streams.  I usually start at the top one and rarely need to go anywhere else...

https://soccer.streamsgate.tv/event/leeds-united-vs-southampton-match-preview/

This one from the list seems to be working well...  http://hockeynews.site/events/edsniteuthamp/

Edited by Manuel

40 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The cup game is on the 20th March, so it is completely irrelevant to tonight's selection decisions.

What is more relevant is we played 3 days ago and the front four players did a lot of running, so we have put some fresh players in the starting XI.

And hence it's more likely Ings and Djenepo will pick up something like a hamstring injury. Play important players who are injury prone at most once a week, keeping them fresh and more likely fit for the important match a month from now. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic