Other Games 21/22

whelk

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

This game is a perfect example for the critics of VAR. Both England pens were weak, and Abraham's booking was a complete joke.

With you on the pens, but it looked to me like Abraham left his foot in. 

6 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I've been watching some of the Scotland game. Che Adams seems to be playing really well. 

I wish that they would sub him, he's put a lot of energy in tonight. Armstrong coming on for the last 12 minutes+

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

The anthem is about the monarchy and God. If you don't support the monarchy and don't believe in God why should you sing it?

It's the national anthem. Support it if you represent your country. Anyways, we're winning 10 nil, we disagree, and I can't be arsed to get into pointless bollox with you.

• Like 1

This game goes back to a conversation on another thread somewhere - why is the point of teams like San Marino even being in this stage of the competition. Get all the dross like them, Andorra, Gibraltar together and then either make them compete for a place in the qualifiers, or put them in their own group so one of them actually has the chance to go to the tournament. 

I actually feel bad for San Marino, representing your nation and getting smashed every match with zero hope of qualifying for a major tournament.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

This game goes back to a conversation on another thread somewhere - why is the point of teams like San Marino even being in this stage of the competition. Get all the dross like them, Andorra, Gibraltar together and then either make them compete for a place in the qualifiers, or put them in their own group so one of them actually has the chance to go to the tournament. 

I actually feel bad for San Marino, representing your nation and getting smashed every match with zero hope of qualifying for a major tournament.

TBF Liechtenstein seem to have improved. 

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Do you spend money? That’s got the Queen’s head on it.

How is that remotely relevant?

I don't have a choice over what symbols are on the money of the country I live in. If I want to use physical cash then that is my only option. I do however have the option to not sing the national anthem if I don't agree with its two key focuses.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

TBF Liechtenstein seem to have improved. 

We used to smash Turkey back in the day and they are half decent now.

I have no problem with the small teams playing in the qualifiers. They need it for the finance and to try and better themselves.

6 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Couldn't agree more. Shove them all in one group out of the way where they can actually compete with each other. I'd give the winner a play off place rather than a place in the tournament. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I don't have a choice over what symbols are on the money of the country I live in. If I want to use physical cash then that is my only option. I do however have the option to not sing the national anthem if I don't agree with its two key focuses.

You choose to support a team that was formed in a church. 

12 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Hypocrite 

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

So what? I support them because I was born in the city, not because of the circumstances regarding the club starting.

You support a church team, you support a country that wants god to save their queen and you celebrate the birthday of gods son. You’re virtually a fundamentalist 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Talking of anthems, the Scottish one is great, hearing the Scottish fans sing it at top voice is brilliant, you will never get that with the English one because it's so shit.

Hearing the Scottish Anthem played with pipes and drums is magnificent just as Over the Sea to Skye is at the Cenotaph last Sunday. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Lovely finish and a great knowing through ball from Stuart that comes from regular team mate knowledge, because Che still had a bit of work to do getting to it, show cased how deceptively powerful he is.  
Hopefully good for us that Che has kept his scoring clock ticking over. 

• Like 2