Other Games 21/22

whelk

8 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Really - fair enough, thought he was only just back.

Nah he started last game.

All that money spent in the summer in Buendia and Ings and neither makes the starting line up over the likes of Ashley Young. Pretty poor tbh.

• Like 1

Another fan has collapsed at Hillsborough. Since when has stopping the game and having the team’s medical personnel from the dugout attend the incident been a thing? Are there not basic first responders dotted around the stadium? I’d have thought having a couple of St John’s guys in the Itchen and Kingsland would have been a basic requirement.

5 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Another fan has collapsed at Hillsborough. Since when has stopping the game and having the team’s medical personnel from the dugout attend the incident been a thing? Are there not basic first responders dotted around the stadium? I’d have thought having a couple of St John’s guys in the Itchen and Kingsland would have been a basic requirement.

Yeh but that's a long way from the Itchen and Kingsland to Hillsborough. 😀

• Haha 1

Skate twats seem to have got their act together now and are on the verge of the play off slots. Shame as they were on the cusp of the relegation zone not long ago.

Didn’t realise Villa had leapfrogged us in the table today - expect it to stay that way all season now, why the hell our fans were trolling their fans and Ings not long ago is beyond me, looking pretty silly already.

2 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Skate twats seem to have got their act together now and are on the verge of the play off slots. Shame as they were on the cusp of the relegation zone not long ago.

Didn’t realise Villa had leapfrogged us in the table today - expect it to stay that way all season now, why the hell our fans were trolling their fans and Ings not long ago is beyond me, looking pretty silly already.

I expect it could change soon. City, Leicester, Liverpool are their next fixtures. Have been quite fortunate in these last two wins too judging by underlying stats.

10 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Oh so the rules are you can only give shit to clubs we will finish above? Must some really red faced fans who now have egg on their face.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Oh so the rules are you can only give shit to clubs we will finish above? Must some really red faced fans who now have egg on their face.

Take it you didn’t read some of the shit our fans were coming out with to a villa fans on social media because we happened to beat them after only 10 games into the season. 

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

Take it you didn’t read some of the shit our fans were coming out with to a villa fans on social media because we happened to beat them after only 10 games into the season. 

It’s bad enough here. Couldn’t possibly want to seek out more on other platforms 

13 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Not sure Vestergaard was ever described as our star player.

Quite. And Vestergaard was signed as squad back up for Leicester so its hardly some massive surprise that he's not the first name on the teamsheet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HnycS said:

But nice response from Harry Kane on Twitter who offered to host them if they get a chance to come see a home game.

Aye but someone went back through the guys tweets where he was demanding Spurs get rid of Kane.

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

10 -0 after 52 minutes. I am guessing the Latvian keeper might not be all that 

Sky news actually have some woman in the studio following the match and updating everytime they score.  She's talking more than Jules..!  Absolutely pointless. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

10 -0 after 52 minutes. I am guessing the Latvian keeper might not be all that 

She looks about 12 years old.

I feel sorry for the Latvian striker who is basically chasing the ball from side to side but never getting to touch it. Must be about 90% possession for England.

20 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Thought you'd be watching the England game mate. The Lionesses are 9-0 up against Latvia after 49 minutes.

Flicking between them mate, ladies 13-0 up now, what a time to be a champion for inclusivity in English football

14-0. Get in.

I'm watching history in the making here unlike the rest of you fools watching Newcastle and Norwich hack the ball around to decide who will be bottom of the league.

At least you don't have to put up with the irritating England band though. 

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

18-0. Keeper spoons a clearance straight up in the air and someone nods it past her.

Still 10 mins left, could be 20 by the end!

It's so weird watching it I can't imagine what that Australia v American Samoa 31-0 game was like to watch.

Knighthood for Ellen white

19-0 Terrible goalkeeping looked like she pulled her arms away 🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

18-0. Keeper spoons a clearance straight up in the air and someone nods it past her.

Still 10 mins left, could be 20 by the end!

It's so weird watching it I can't imagine what that Australia v American Samoa 31-0 game was like to watch.

I must take a look at what bookies offer on womens games. More than 9 goals would normally be 100/1