Other Games 21/22

whelk

1 hour ago, Micky said:

The bottom line is we are pretty crap and if we don't go this season it's highly likely we go the next.  We are only delaying the inevitable. 

People have been saying this on here for years and we somehow keep managing to stay up.

That said, of course relegation is always a possibly for a club with our resources, and given how long we've been in the Premier League now, we're probably "due"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Brighton v Spurs looks likely to be off as COVID outbreak at Spurs. Fantasy football turmoil again.

Quite surprised they got Europa conference game off, thought they would force them to play with whatever players they have available. 

“In a night of bad performances he still managed to be the stand out pile of shite.“

this was the highlight for me. I seem to remember quite a few other fans laughing at us during the summer for selling our best defenders, how little they knew and how much we did know 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for Ryan, to me it's been clear for a couple of years that his legs are going/gone and he doesn't have the capabilities to perform at the highest level like he once did.

He was a cracking servant for us under some of our best years in the PL, but I think he's setting himself up for a fail if he keeps prolonging his PL career. He needs to drop down a level to where he can now compete.

Brentford very nicely placed to stay up now. 20 points miles before Christmas is a very solid platform. They only need to be about as shit as Norwich are for the rest of the season and they'd still stay up. About 16  more points from 22 games.

So they can on a horrendous run but they probably will still get the points.

The annoying thing is that could have been us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Brentford very nicely placed to stay up now. 20 points miles before Christmas is a very solid platform. They only need to be about as shit as Norwich are for the rest of the season and they'd still stay up. About 16  more points from 22 games.

So they can on a horrendous run but they probably will still get the points.

The annoying thing is that could have been us.

Incorrect. They absolutely have to get 40 points or they are done for and definitely going down. They still need 20 points from their last 22 games. But they look far more likely than doomed saints to get to 40 points. 

• Like 1

Just now, DT said:

That’s not a penalty. But it’s Man City. So it is. 

The game has become a joke. They’ll be giving out penalties with Christmas Crackers soon. Man City couldn’t get themselves a goal so they cheat by aiming at the defenders’ arms instead.

I hate what this game has turned into.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

So after Man City win with a dodgy penalty, the refs in the later games follow suit for the other title rivals. quel surprise

Yep flops by salah and on rudiger (extra time).

while it makes me ragey, those are good results for saints. Leeds, Villa, and Wolves with no points because of it. 

how daft is that? We really need to root for the top 6 to hammer the teams we are actually competing with.

Makes me throw up in my mouth. 

Edited by SaintTex

Norwich look better than us. Tighter, more disciplined, well coached. Good manager. We need one who can get the most out of our players. Ours seem idealess and too easy to break down, like a hot knife through butter. No grit. Worrying. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DT said:

Norwich look better than us. Tighter, more disciplined, well coached. Good manager. We need one who can get the most out of our players. Ours seem idealess and too easy to break down, like a hot knife through butter. No grit. Worrying. 

Showing a bit of fight and backbone for a poor side ,it's the least they can do. Another quality missing from our lot.

So when Norwich have plenty of possession in promising areas but failed to create many clear chances and miss them when they do, they’ve clearly got some decent fight and are unlucky? If that had been us out there, the verdict would be all about how we’re going down and failed to take our chances.

Net result today is that all five teams down the bottom lost and considering our injuries, suspensions and opponent, it’s been okay as damage limitation goes.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So when Norwich have plenty of possession in promising areas but failed to create many clear chances and miss them when they do, they’ve clearly got some decent fight and are unlucky? If that had been us out there, the verdict would be all about how we’re going down and failed to take our chances.

Net result today is that all five teams down the bottom lost and considering our injuries, suspensions and opponent, it’s been okay as damage limitation goes.

I watched the match,  Norwich were good.  DeGea got man of the match, united were lucky to get all three points.

3 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

F1 making VAR look professional! What a fiasco , this is our decision , change tyres Max just in case … Oh we changed our minds Max you can regain your position with your new soft tyres , not only that the safety car is going off , joke.

Started thread in lounge on F1 farce.

6 hours ago, whelk said:

If I was Newcastle fan I’d genuinely be quite looking forward to relegation. Not the financial ruin many clubs fear and will have cracking season next year with guaranteed promotion

Yep, they've got nothing much to worry about if they go down. A minor inconvenience.

Unfortunately it's the opposite for us!

18 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Yep, they've got nothing much to worry about if they go down. A minor inconvenience.

Unfortunately it's the opposite for us!

Even under Mike Ashley they were relegated twice (?) and still bounced back easily. So many supporters would bite your hand off for their club to be able to do that.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1470453639009521670/video/1 a stuffed toy would probably play better than Saints players but how good is this.

Real Betis fans threw thousands of stuffed toys onto the pitch at half-time yesterday

It's an annual tradition to make sure disadvantaged children don't go without a gift at Christmas ❤️🎁

7 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Well we won’t be as high energy as Brentford will we.. rather they played tonight.. Chance of injuries etc 

Yeah, would be better for us but I'm not having this being used as excuse for not beating them.

Liverpool smashed us 4-0 recently in a reverse situation.