Other Games 21/22

whelk

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

More realistically Covid causing BBC (or someone from the Press Association) to incorrectly type in a number. It won't have been 13k, they probably twice that many as that as season ticket holders alone.

It would 39,331 or something like that, definitely sold out full house. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Nice of them to announce it two hours prior to kick off again.

Both clubs and the league must have known last  night that the game was in doubt. Feel for the Aston Villa fans (and any Burnley fans who may have travelled) who would have been in Burnley when the news came through.

To me the league really needs to have a 14 day break to let things settle etc. 

Leeds definitely needed a COVID postponement.

I also noticed that 28/29 FA Trophy matches were played today, all of Scotland’s apart from those abandoned due to the weather and only two women’s matches have been postponed.

Compare that to the Premier League, Championship, League One and League Two. I guess the trick is not to test if you want to carry on as normal. 

47 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

With no game I went to watch Eastleigh v Enfield who were terrible!!

Jake Hesketh got a hat trick but didn’t look light years above this standard as I excepted.

Whelan and Harper best 2 Eastleigh players for me finished 5-0 Enfield fans loud  and lairy. 800 attendance 

Blimey, that takes me back a bit. My Dad played for Enfield Town just after the War when he left the RAF.

28 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Leeds look a real shambles this season. They are in proper trouble.

Up next................................Liverpool 

They will be praying for a outbreak!

They are decimated by injuries 10 first team players out and then Jack Harrison injured, had a 15 year old on the bench today. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

They are decimated by injuries 10 first team players out and then Jack Harrison injured, had a 15 year old on the bench today. 

Yeah, and unlike your Leicester's, villa's, Brentford's - they actually played the game and fielded a team.

7 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Nice of them to announce it two hours prior to kick off again.

I know someone up there, already in the pub when called off, rammed with fans it's just turned into an all day session at least the pubs got the match day trade 

Leeds seem doomed unless Bielsa is sacked immediately. Classic second season syndrome. I hope they drop as that will be one less place to worry about.

Frankly I can't stand the bloke and will be glad to see the back of him simply because he is too arrogant to bother to speak English or to look people in the eye when he is talking to them.

1 minute ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Leeds seem doomed unless Bielsa is sacked immediately. Classic second season syndrome. I hope they drop as that will be one less place to worry about.

Frankly I can't stand the bloke and will be glad to see the back of him simply because he is too arrogant to bother to speak English or to look people in the eye when he is talking to them.

There speaks a little englander

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Have you seen their injury list? Fair play for getting on with it rather than moaning and trying to get the game off. 

Would like to see them relegated though. 

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Chelsea wanted today’s game to be postponed. All feels deeply tactical. These clubs have loads of players. Get on with it

100%. Trying to manage fixture load picking and choosing which games to play. 

This is everything that's wrong with VAR and reffing in the EPL.

Dermot Gallagher on DAZN about that Ederson/Newcastle penalty incident.

"Well I think because they gave a few penalties last week they've reverted back to how it was in the first 4 weeks of the season".

So wrong. Every penalty incident should be judged on its merit. Not oh, we've used up all our penalty decisions last week, tough luck! 

Awful contrived bullshit.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Where are the Howe lovers now? 
Haven’t heard you in a while. 
Chavs the lot of you

I’m no Howe lover, far from it, however, points since Howe took over Newcastle (8th November)

Newcastle: 5 (1 win) 

Southampton: 3 (0 wins) 

🥴

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

The location of the ball is irrelevant. The ball could be up the other end of the pitch and a penalty could still be given if a foul takes place.

It could be, but in that case, it's correct imo that it wasn’t 

Clear pen. The keeper clearly took the bloke out. Whether the  full back had control of the ball or not is irrelevant. The keeper taking the bloke out allowed the full back to clear the ball easily under no pressure. If Adam Armstrong was running towards the keeper following a back pass, and the centre half tripped him up to stop him doing so, it’d be a foul. It’s so blatant I don’t understand how it wasn’t given. Outside the box, that’s a foul 100 times out of 100. 

• Like 1