Other Games 21/22

whelk

Just now, whelk said:

I love our weird fans that obsess over decisions. VAR has gone shit again in PL. Kane should have just got a red. 

Yep. No checking the monitor ? Just accept the refs decision in this case? This is the problem with VAR it’s still subjective according to who is manning it , and their agenda 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Red on review. Great game but If that’s a red so is Kanes. Kane has missed some sitters today 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Red on review. Great game but If that’s a red so is Kanes. Kane has missed some sitters today 

Kane’s is just baffling but this is same ref who couldn’t bring himself to send off Milner v City. Bottle job and should be in League 1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Thought the stat they just said about this being the first red card in the EPL for 80 games made me rewind to make sure I’d heard it correctly.

First Liverpool red card for two years I think.

Officials made a mess of that. Kane should have gone, Liverpool should have had a pen and Liverpool’s second should have been disallowed for a clear foul on Lloris. Cracking match though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benjii said:

Officials made a mess of that. Kane should have gone, Liverpool should have had a pen and Liverpool’s second should have been disallowed for a clear foul on Lloris. Cracking match though. 

Yeah the handball was similar to the Palace equaliser, both should have been disallowed IMO. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, benjii said:

How are the likes of Southampton ever going to be able to compete with teams like that? 

Leagues apart.

Both were probably red to be honest but if you are giving one more than the other then it's Robertson's. I mean Kane's is a genuine attempt to get the ball, it's just not controlled and ends up being reckless, but Robertson just wanted to kick the shit out of the guy, the ball being vaguely near was coincidence. Bad though VAR doesn't even tell him to go look at the Kane one. 

The pen for me is probably one, but for the sake of the game stuff like that shouldn't be, he goes down far too easy. it's physical contact but hardly a 'barge' as Redknapp called it. Bet someone like Haaland in that same situation stays on his feet and gets the shot away. But you'd expect them to give pens for that sort of stuff as they do most of the time. 

Hard to feel sad about Liverpool not getting the decisions for once and to be honest they rode their luck, Spurs should have had 4 at least. 

4 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Salah handball

Xhaka tackle

Frasier pen

Kane tackle

Jota pen

There was a lot of incorrect decisions that VAR couldn't be bothered with this weekend.

Kinda glad we didn't play...........

Kinda glad you don’t referee. The handball rules have changed this season, that one was the correct decision. 

6 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Salah handball

Xhaka tackle

Frasier pen

Kane tackle

Jota pen

There was a lot of incorrect decisions that VAR couldn't be bothered with this weekend.

Kinda glad we didn't play...........

I thought the referee in the spurs v Liverpool was marvellous apart from the obvious error with Liverpool’s second goal 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

On 20/12/2021 at 03:44, skintsaint said:

Just seen the Kane tackle......how the F did he get away with that 😂

Easily as bad as the one JWP got sent off for at Chelsea, if not worse (given the weather conditions/state of the pitch at The Bridge).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Exeter Saint said:

I wonder if Klopp will get fined for criticising the referee, like Hasenhutl did.  What’s the difference in their conduct?

24 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

And the answer is of course no he will not.

He has been charged before, so why not again?

2019 - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-charged-liverpool-news-fa-referee-fine-west-ham-draw-reaction-a8778086.html

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Kinda glad you don’t referee. The handball rules have changed this season, that one was the correct decision. 

Under the new rules, you are quite right. But I bet Us, Leeds and Watford still get fucked on those decisions. They will find a way to justify it as well.

Like these tackles we are seeing. Xhaka & Kane. Reckless, dangerous, out of control. We've had a couple reds this year because there might have been contact that was deemed reckless! Might have been contact!!!!! -What the actual fuck! 

They are literally making it up as they go along. And the small fry are bearing the brunt! 

I'm not sure what I dislike the most. The bad decisions, or how they cover for it after. Shady fuckers. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Is the still the case? If so, guess you can't annoy Liverpool / Klopp foot much. 

It’s clear from the replies that people expect different rules for Klopp and other top 6 teams than for the rest of us. It’s not fair but it’s the way of the world. It’s good for business.

It's all a bit thud and blunder at WHL. Lots of passing that's trying to be penetrative but isn't, and lots of fairly easy to defend long balls into the corners and down the wings. West Ham certainly look physically stronger than us but they are certainly beatable on this showing.

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Leicester were 3-1 up and comfortable against Liverpool's second team. Brought Vestergaard and Bertrand on in a double swap, went on to draw the game 3-3 and then Bertrand misses his penalty. 

I think we actually conned them, almost feel bad.

The fact that they started Ndidi at CB ahead of Vestergaard shows the lack of faith they have in him. Only came on because Soyuncu got injured. Their forums will be a great read tonight

45 minutes ago, Cumbria Saint said:

Received from my Leicester supporting friend ....

"Vestergard and Bertrand - I hear Southampton are starting a new venture selling snow to Eskimos🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 how did we fall for that?"

How stupid are those Leicester fans that don't understand we had nothing to do with Bertrand joining them?

7 hours ago, Cumbria Saint said:

Received from my Leicester supporting friend ....

"Vestergard and Bertrand - I hear Southampton are starting a new venture selling snow to Eskimos🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 how did we fall for that?"

Remember when signing them was being hailed a coup and it twitter was full of other fans saying how we'd sold our best players again when we all couldn't believe our luck

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

He was excellent in his first few years here, especially under Koeman, but had been in a steady decline ever since tbh. All those criticisms mentioned by Leicester fans echo what has was said on here even going back to the Puel days. Bad attitude, can't be arsed etc. I think he has a rather laid back style which can wind fans up the wrong way.

Either way I wish him no ill, he gave us seven years of good service but was well past his best when he left. Sadly doesn't look like he's up to top level football any more.

All this moaning about the fixture list is getting nauseating again. How often do Football League clubs moan about playing Saturday-Tuesday most weeks, a 46 game league season, with fewer squad resources and lower quality facilities? A lot of these sides have had a near two week break also.

The want for five subs is coming back again, also. Take Liverpool last night as an example, Klopp got his starting line-up all wrong, 3-1 down at half-time, so he brings on Konate, Jota and Milner at half-time, knowing that he has two more available for the latter stages of the match, making the triple half time sub low risk and extinguishing that tactical element from the game. It's a crap rule that favours the big sides. West Ham only used three subs last night, the ones that weren't used were Noble, Fredericks, Kral, Randolph, Alese and Baptiste, so you can see why. While Spurs brought on Alli, Tanganga, Royal, Winks and Son and saw out the match. Chelsea, the same against Brentford, brought on Jorginho and Pulisic at half-time with the score 0-0, then brought on Mount, James and Kante. Can't compete with that and if it gets voted in, the league has an even greater chasm between the top six and the rest than it does already and you can see why the top clubs want it.

• Like 7