Other Games 21/22

whelk

45 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Considering how poor Norwich were tonight there seems every likelihood of them going on a winless run. Couldn't string two passes together against 10 men Newcastle who aren't exactly much good themselves. Looked like two very probable relegation candidates on that showing.

There's always a team like Norwich that gets a few results but they were so far behind that it becomes hard to keep that going. They're still in the relegation zone even after their pretty great run of results and with an awful goal difference it will take something special for them to avoid the drop. With Leeds winning we really need at least a draw tomorrow to keep ourselves above a few other teams. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who is going to join them though if as looks likely come first of January they are bottom with at best one win from 19 games? 

Players who like money. If I were Newcastle I'd just buy all the best championship players in January and prepare for immediate promotion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Who is going to join them though if as looks likely come first of January they are bottom with at best one win from 19 games? 

Yeh it's a good point Turkish. I guess when they start splashing the cash though, there will be some mercenaries out there who will take a big pay-day for the risk of relegation, but either way it'll be fun watching it all unravel!

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Both games on Prime were appallingly low standard and dull last night. Hard to believe we are not a better team than any of those 4 teams.

Let's hope tonight's offerings are a tad more entertaining. Cue for a 0-0 at SMS?

Sadly, I'd take it.

• Like 1

No way I would take a nil nil draw. Might turn out that would welcome it but they are very beatable and got to have hope before the game.

we drew with City who beat Norwich who beat Brentford who beat Arsenal who beat Leicester. How it works y’know

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Yeh it's a good point Turkish. I guess when they start splashing the cash though, there will be some mercenaries out there who will take a big pay-day for the risk of relegation, but either way it'll be fun watching it all unravel!

Not sure you'd want those players with you in a relegation battle! Anyway, i'm sure they'll make signings, but they dont look a good bet to stay up at the moment. Wonder if they do go down if Eddie Howe will get the chance to bring them back up?

2 hours ago, adriansfc said:

Newcastle's fixtures after Burnley are awful. If they don't win Saturday they're heading into January winless. Will they still attract decent players then?

Thought they were better last night but Norwich were awful. So little threat, it's so annoying we lost to that shower of shit. Although watching Newcastle with ten men all game just gave me traumatic memories of us losing there to 9 men and creating fck all. Despite the 9-0s, I think that game is the most infuriating under Ralph for me.

The Newcastle game was incredibly frustrating although not forgiven Poch for Sunderland FA Cup team yet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Not even that controversial to me, apart from the time it took for them to fuck about deciding.

It was/is a goal.

I though for a minute he was going to disallow it. Goal all day long. Not even sure why Man United were complaining.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I though for a minute he was going to disallow it. Goal all day long. Not even sure why Man United were complaining.

He was going to disallow it. Definitely. He was standing over the ball waiting for de Gea to finally get up and play on. It was only after getting comms in his ear that he gave the goal.

15 minutes ago, The Cat said:

De Gea has to get up and try an play rather than laying down in the goal. You can't expect the game to stop just because you are hurt, and it's not like he was really injured or anything.

Bert Trautman he ain’t 

1 hour ago, SaintTex said:

Newcastle 1 - 0  Burnley

How the hell did that happen? Teams that go up 1-0 in the first half don’t win games!

Like us against Villa literally 4 weeks ago? And against Watford one week before that?

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Pompey 1 Harrogate 2 95th minute winner 😀

Little Pompey being battered by non-league Harrogate at an almost empty Fratton Park: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59521674

It's really embarrassing that our fans still sing about such a small club at every Premier League game. It's like Newcastle singing about Hartlepool or Liverpool singing about Tranmere.

Edited by Nordic Saint

4 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

Little Pompey being battered by non-league Harrogate at an almost empty Fratton Park: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59521674

It's really embarrassing that our fans still sing about such a small club at every Premier League game. It's like Newcastle singing about Hartlepool or Liverpool singing about Tranmere.

I think that it's kind of us to keep their memory alive. 

6 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

They are our rivals and have been for many a year and you all would have loved it if they beat Harrogate and drew us in the 3rd Round … agreed tho that the young lads coming through are a tad embarrassing.. not a got a decent song between them and have cringed at many away game this and last season.. support is getting worse .. but been marginally louder at home this season I’ve noticed but only have one decent song the other songs sound noddy .. especially the skate one .. the away support should be at other end of st Mary’s so we have all of northam … did chuckle wen I saw the skate result .. we have our problems but fuck me they are so tinpot it’s hilarious.. one team in Hampshire 🎵🎶

8 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

League 2 Harrogate. 😉

13 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

It's not like that at all, Pompey always have been and always will be our rivals, I don't hate them any less because they are a couple of leagues below us. I'm sure Newcastle fans still sing about Sunderland even though they are in the same league as Pompey.

• Like 1