Other Games 21/22

whelk

Didn’t realise how ‘perilous’ our qualification was. Imagine that shit World Cup that disrupts all normal football in Nov and Dec wand we hadn’t qualified?

think we might be ok now despite Kyle Walker’s best attempts

Edited by whelk

9 hours ago, Teddeer said:

zzzzz! Crowd may as well have gone home at half time.

Mexican waves and the crowd cheering if a paper aeroplane lands on the pitch reminds me why I don't bother with international games. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trousers said:

Do we know why Bednarek wasn't in the Poland squad today?

Seems strange, can't find any details, bit odd with the whole Saints squad being told to work from home this week as well? 

Only players who have actually featured so far in internationals,

Djenepo for Mali 

Armstrong/ Adams for Scotland 

Smallbone for Ireland u21s

JWP (illness), Livramento (injury)  Broja (injury?)  and Bednarek absent. 

13 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Have we asked players to stay hom e due to Covid during the international break - didnt Redmond have it?

Not a bad idea to have most in theory isolating for a week or so.

Seems to be something like that to me. "Working from home" when you have an International break and a chance to work on stuff on the training ground is not the done thing. 

6 minutes ago, egg said:

Seems to be something like that to me. "Working from home" when you have an International break and a chance to work on stuff on the training ground is not the done thing. 

Yeah the WFH thing was pretty funny, like as in how a team sport work at home.

Guess they are keeping fitness up, maybe videos of automations, and Norwich tactics and stuff.

It’s pretty boring also with the international breaks, cant stand them.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Chelsea used 3 CB's against the mighty Norwich City. They won 7-0.

Using three centre backs doesn't mean you have to play defensively.

Get that, but this San Marino. They're worse than Pompey ffs. Personally, I'd prefer to see another forward player on the pitch rather than relying on Mings or Maguire. 

We played a back four plus Foden, Mount, Sterling, Kane and Grealish against the mighty Hungary just last month and it didn't work and we drew 1-1. I know it's only San Marino, but it doesn't do any harm to pick a system and then stick to it. The wing-backs are also key attackers in this formation.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why does he have to sing it if he doesn't want to? What if he is a republican and/or atheist? Can they not represent their country?

Don't think any of your suggestions apply. It looked to me as though he half heartedly started to sing then thought, nah, I can't be arsed with this.

55 minutes ago, egg said:

Get that, but this San Marino. They're worse than Pompey ffs. Personally, I'd prefer to see another forward player on the pitch rather than relying on Mings or Maguire. 

All the forwards have pulled out. Bench is sparse too and full of defenders and keepers

1 hour ago, egg said:

Looks like 3 CB's against the mighty San Marino. The mind boggles. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Chelsea used 3 CB's against the mighty Norwich City. They won 7-0.

Using three centre backs doesn't mean you have to play defensively.

6-0 to England at half time. Formation not an issue to scoring goals! 😉

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why does he have to sing it if he doesn't want to? What if he is a republican and/or atheist? Can they not represent their country?

They can be what they want,but play for your country, sing the anthem. 

• Like 1