Other Games 21/22

whelk

3 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Conversely, Ole got Utd defending much better once Pogba got sent off. According to a few posters here, that's the sign of a decent manager and we should consider him as a candidate to replace Ralph.

It’s not the sign of a decent manager, it’s what every single manager, bar Ralph , does. Not doing so, is the sign of an incompetent manager. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s not the sign of a decent manager, it’s what every single manager, bar Ralph , does. Not doing so, is the sign of an incompetent manager. 

Mmmm! I also see that Man Utd got lots of yellow cards, which means that they aren't soft as shite pony right?

Love to see that spirit of Roy Keane running through them still. 

In a matter of hours, the Black Box will no doubt identify Ole as a prime target for us. He can shut up shop at 0-5 everyone! 

Edited by Ted Bates Statue

10 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Conversely, Ole got Utd defending much better once Pogba got sent off. According to a few posters here, that's the sign of a decent manager and we should consider him as a candidate to replace Ralph.

Did he bollocks. Liverpool played the last 30 minutes like a training game happy to knock it around on the half way line. I fucking hate Liverpool much prefer Man United but I wish they’d been ruthless like Leicester and Man U were v us and pushed on for more goals. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Is this really a fact?

Genuine question.

Yep. From Wiki

... he was eventually sacked by the Tottenham board on 25 October 2007 during their 2–1 defeat to Getafe CF in the UEFA Cup. News of the sacking was widely known around the ground before the final whistle, before even Jol had become aware of his fate.[11] Jol confessed that he first became aware of the decision when his nephew told him of a text message he received saying Jol was to leave the job.

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Wasn’t the bloke at QPR sacked during the game, there was a documentary about the lunatic running it. I think he was something to do with formula 1 if I remember correctly. 

Flavio Briatore I think. They never seemed to recover from that era, although they had a few strange owners around that time. 

12 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Flavio Briatore I think. They never seemed to recover from that era, although they had a few strange owners around that time. 

That’s it. I seem to remember he lost the plot because the manager wouldn’t make a sub so sent his flunky down from the boardroom to tell the manager he was sacked. Fucking hell, good job our owner doesn’t attend games,if not making substitutions get you the sack, Ralph would have gone months ago. 

Im sure Stan Flashman  probably sacked Barry Fry during the game, because he sacked him about 15 times. I know the Peterborough manager resigned in front of Barry during the pre match team talk, as it was on Big Ron Manager. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That’s it. I seem to remember he lost the plot because the manager wouldn’t make a sub so sent his flunky down from the boardroom to tell the manager he was sacked. Fucking hell, good job our owner doesn’t attend games,if not making substitutions get you the sack, Ralph would have gone months ago. 

Im sure Stan Flashman  probably sacked Barry Fry during the game, because he sacked him about 15 times. I know the Peterborough manager resigned in front of Barry during the pre match team talk, as it was on Big Ron Manager. 

Yeah Peterborough was a basket case for years. Funny club who used to play some good footie. I remember our games in League 1, didn’t we get a 4-4 there or similar. 

36 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Gary Neville making a right cock of himself. Tying himself in mental knots rather than accept Ole isn’t good enough. 

Yep very hypocritical given his Salford side have replaced like 3 managers or something in last 3 seasons.

Pundits are meant to be non-partisan and analysing the game objectively but he is just defending his mate. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Gary Neville making a right cock of himself. Tying himself in mental knots rather than accept Ole isn’t good enough. 

Well it was only Ronaldo's hand that was offside from a good finish, and Cavani missed a sitter. So, that's really 2 back... um.. they were on par with Liverpool for that large bit when Liverpool weren't trying. 🙂

12 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I agree with you. It comes to something when Souness and Carragher are talking more sense about the way forward for Man U than Neville. There seems  too much sentimentality at Old Trafford for the players who were there when Ole played. Jobs and extended contracts for the boys. Personally I hope Ole stays. I detest Manchester United and their arrogant sense of entitlement. He may be a rubbish manager but for entertainment value, he's first class.😁

18 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Is he referring to Boris Johnson at the end there? If he is then good grief that’s a desperately tenuous connection. Still, I agree with him. Ole in!

2021 Blame culture..... Its BoJos fault....... not the company he works for shovelling fuel onto the fire on a hourly basis, and then getting singed by the flames with the spade in his hands. 

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Yeah a joy to watch after the Saints game. Although was hoping would not be such a piece of piss

Speak for yourself, I won’t complain about thumping the Aussies inside 12 overs. I was going to go to the Windies game last weekend but they were only selling tickets in pairs for some reason. That game was an anticlimax.

Pretty much everything decent on a weekend on Sky is biting the dust now. Sunday Supplement and Goals on Sunday both changed presenters and were gone within a season, now Jeff leaving Soccer Saturday is the nail for that too - although it’s been dire since the rest of the gang left, so was inevitable.