Other Games 21/22

whelk

12 hours ago, M271 said:

Doesn't financial fair play stop clubs owners spending a disproportionate amount of money into transfer budgets etc? Or that it is what it was supposed to do!! I don't really understand what the rules are.

Can't they just sponsor their own club with another one of their companies...for say $2bn a year to bump up that budget.

6 hours ago, HKsaint said:

We should have bought Edouard, instead of AA.

He looks handy, I didn't see first 30 mins of the game but thought Palace looked good and should have won really, hard to predict who else will be in the relegation battle yet. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just been ruined by a strange sending off. Laughably yet again Peter Walton backs up on the referees decison

Such a shame. Seemed harsh as Griezman didn’t have a clue he was there. I can’t recall Waltons exact words but the implication was it was deliberate, reckless maybe, deliberate definitely not. 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Great game this Liverpool one, but it's a pretty poor show by the ref and the use of VAR in this one. Atletico Madrid fans are going to want his head!

Didn’t look a pen to me at all

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Didn’t look a pen to me at all

I think he bought it, but the Liverpool player made contact. They don't usually get overturned to be fair, so I didn't expect him to reverse it. 

The Madrid player made the most of it, but Jota was a bit clumsy was my view.

15 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Plymouth Argyle with a contender for goal of the season...

Blimey......the tide sure comes in a long way down at Plymouth! I expected to see a boat go by at any minute. I'm sure one of those guys tripped......on a submarine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Never really got the vitriol for Bruce and adoration of Benitez by Newcastle fans for achieving the same thing. 

Hoping they get smashed by palace for the jones fetishisation. Be fantastic too if their Saudi dream starts with relegation but probably a dream too far.

Those great, loyal passionate fans who have done nothing but whinge for the last 10 years. This endless nonsense they spout about what great fans they are and how they deserve success is nauseating. 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Those great, loyal passionate fans who have done nothing but whinge for the last 10 years. This endless nonsense they spout about what great fans they are and how they deserve success is nauseating. 

Nice tweet from Saint-Maximin that must have made Bruce feel a bit better

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

A nice tweet indeed, but I think the £8 million makes him feel even better! In fairness, Bruce does seem a decent person, I remember him being very gracious in defeat against us (when he was with Hull).

8m pay off and a choice of jobs in the Championship once the axe starts falling mid season.

8 hours ago, whelk said:

Nice tweet from Saint-Maximin that must have made Bruce feel a bit better

It is a nice tweet but I'm always a bit wary of sporting tweets now given they all have pr agencies tweeting on their behalf. Quite possible that he had nothing to do with that message. 

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

It is a nice tweet but I'm always a bit wary of sporting tweets now given they all have pr agencies tweeting on their behalf. Quite possible that he had nothing to do with that message. 

So you're a 'bit wary'.  I wonder why. 

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

So you're a 'bit wary'.  I wonder why. 

I already explained. Because there's a spate of footballers employing pr agencies to tweet on their behalf. It was a point highlighted by Gary Neville a few weeks ago and there was a BBC article about it if you were actually interested.