Other Games 21/22

whelk

PSG fans and even Messi turning on Poch already. Might he be sacked and return to Spurs once Nuno inevitably gets sacked soon? A panic appointment if ever there was one, seeing as everyone else turned them down.

Perhaps Nuno will end up back at Wolves as part of the merry go round.

Props to Brighton today too btw - what a start to the season they’ve had.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chapel End said:

Neither were dives but 2nd one was a penalty 

Maybe he’s come back to find simulators have actually had their cards marked by the officials here before he’s kicked a ball.

How many times have we seen Shane Long absolutely clattered playing for us and refs gone “nothing to see here”. Bale suffered the same in his season before toddling off to Real. 

Edited by John Boy Saint

13 hours ago, Teddeer said:

Two blatant dives where he was going down under no contact. Should have been booked.

Total rubbish, neither were dives.

Ronaldo has previous of course from his first spell at Man U as far as refs are concerned. Now they seem obsessed with seeing dives every time he is fouled and hits the deck. 

Very bad weekend for refs, they are being left behind by the pace and subtlety of the game and ruining it for the rest of us. Many seem now to be hallucinating, seeing things that are not there and making very poor judgements. Surely there are better people in the FL that could be promoted so that we can get rid of some of these star-struck old codgers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Surely there are better people in the FL that could be promoted so that we can get rid of some of these star-struck old codgers.

Surely If they were “star struck” they’d have given Ronaldo his penalty, unless you’re trying to say the West Ham defenders are more famous 😂

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Surely If they were “star struck” they’d have given Ronaldo his penalty, unless you’re trying to say the West Ham defenders are more famous 😂

I absolutely get refs are shit but complete nonsense suggesting deliberately favour the big 6. So many examples to the contrary. Although this is 2021 and entrenched beliefs ignore evidence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Total rubbish, neither were dives.

Ronaldo has previous of course from his first spell at Man U as far as refs are concerned. Now they seem obsessed with seeing dives every time he is fouled and hits the deck. 

Very bad weekend for refs, they are being left behind by the pace and subtlety of the game and ruining it for the rest of us. Many seem now to be hallucinating, seeing things that are not there and making very poor judgements. Surely there are better people in the FL that could be promoted so that we can get rid of some of these star-struck old codgers.

The second one was at least. Have a look at the leg that he trails along the ground. He wasn’t tripped, he just dive forward over the defender. That’s what nasty little cheats do.

20 hours ago, whelk said:

All over the thread yesterday it was ‘because we are up against the big 6 blah blah’ sort of disproves little Saints fans conspiracy theories

Are you in love with a Ref? Were you a ref? Because you do not see it the way most of us do. How about this, " the refs GENERALLY give the bigger teams the calls".

I saw it all game during our match against 13 man Manshitty. Ref tried his hardest to win city that game, actually took that possible win from us with that atrocious pen call. Play on for every time we were hacked down, playing extra, EXTRA time because city had the ball and were attacking. Looking a thousand times at VAR to find something to make Sterlings goal stand. Yet out pen shout got short changed!

If you can't see the ref bias against us and how many points they take from us over the seasons because of their terrible,  actually criminal calls against us, then you are blind.

Why they do it, I don't  know?  but the bullshit that they are all doing their best, unbiased referee of the game is laughable.  LOOK AT THE HYPOCRITE CALLS! They are not incorruptible, infallible robots, they go out there with bias and favorites, and have been proven to be corruptible or petty with their decision making in all sports!

Some sports have worked hard to eliminate these bias water blob decision makers with better, clearer  rules, more transparency in their decisions making(mics) and use of tech better. Ruggers and Cricky are great examples. But noooooooo....our FA rewards the corrupt! Same cheaters every year dispite their obvious mistakes, we bring in VAR and more refs to make the right calls  and they still fuck it up? Like blatant use of the tech to back up the refs decision, smh. It took a couple of years to neuter VAR to a point it doesn't overrule the refs. We don't get to hear the convo from the refs, so they still have complete anonymous control of the game. 

You use the cheating calls against CR7 as an example of no top 6 bias, but do you agree with the calls? I think he was fouled and a pen should have been given, but the ref had a bias against him and used that to try to change the result of the game, KARMA overruled the cheater ref. Do you not see that bias applied to the smaller clubs more frequently than the golden boys? Do you not see the things they get away with that we get punished for?

👀

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

I saw it all game during our match against 13 man Manshitty. Ref tried his hardest to win city that game, 

What a load of old pony.

Firstly, why give a penalty in the first place, if he was trying his hardest to ensure City  (or the hilarious Shitty) won the game, he’d have done what they did to Ronaldo, and waved play on. Secondly, they had a goal disallowed for a marginal offside in injury time, so they weren’t trying that hard. Had that been up the other end, no doubt you’d be ranting & raving claiming it should of been allowed. Thirdly, buy a dictionary and look up “incompetent “ and then “biased”. Learn the difference please. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Are you in love with a Ref? Were you a ref? Because you do not see it the way most of us do. How about this, " the refs GENERALLY give the bigger teams the calls".

I saw it all game during our match against 13 man Manshitty. Ref tried his hardest to win city that game, actually took that possible win from us with that atrocious pen call. Play on for every time we were hacked down, playing extra, EXTRA time because city had the ball and were attacking. Looking a thousand times at VAR to find something to make Sterlings goal stand. Yet out pen shout got short changed!

If you can't see the ref bias against us and how many points they take from us over the seasons because of their terrible,  actually criminal calls against us, then you are blind.

Why they do it, I don't  know?  but the bullshit that they are all doing their best, unbiased referee of the game is laughable.  LOOK AT THE HYPOCRITE CALLS! They are not incorruptible, infallible robots, they go out there with bias and favorites, and have been proven to be corruptible or petty with their decision making in all sports!

Some sports have worked hard to eliminate these bias water blob decision makers with better, clearer  rules, more transparency in their decisions making(mics) and use of tech better. Ruggers and Cricky are great examples. But noooooooo....our FA rewards the corrupt! Same cheaters every year dispite their obvious mistakes, we bring in VAR and more refs to make the right calls  and they still fuck it up? Like blatant use of the tech to back up the refs decision, smh. It took a couple of years to neuter VAR to a point it doesn't overrule the refs. We don't get to hear the convo from the refs, so they still have complete anonymous control of the game. 

You use the cheating calls against CR7 as an example of no top 6 bias, but do you agree with the calls? I think he was fouled and a pen should have been given, but the ref had a bias against him and used that to try to change the result of the game, KARMA overruled the cheater ref. Do you not see that bias applied to the smaller clubs more frequently than the golden boys? Do you not see the things they get away with that we get punished for?

👀

Incoherent drivel I’m afraid. Your point being it is all corrupt and they are out to get us except for when they aren’t. 
Yes I am in a serious relationship with Jon Moss. So what?

• Like 1

It quite clearly wasn’t a conspiracy against Saints. If that’d been the penultimate game of the season and a draw/win for City would have kept them two points behind Liverpool and United for a glorious, three way title scrap on the last day of the season, I might have feigned belief in this nonsense. As it is, what do refs favouring City ACTUALLY achieve for the PL? Ensuring they run away with the title and TV viewing drops off a cliff for the final month of the season?

It's not a conspiracy its just an obvious example of a ref giving in to barrage from the city players and the home crowd. Which in the past has particularly happened for bigger clubs. 

And another example that if you have refs operating the VAR then they are going to let the technology down, because there was nothing in the replays that should have prompted them to make him even go look again (and then the stupidness that they don't replay the whole thing but just show one screenshot). It's supposed to be clear and obvious errors, most people thought that was a pen, the ref thought it was a pen initially, so how the people doing VAR got to that point is beyond me. 

So is Jon Moss off message here as been told to favour the big 6 or is he thinking longer term that don’t need League Cup distraction so ignores the clear foul against a big 6 team?

Edited by whelk

I generally think a lot of refs are just pretty incompetent rather than biased. 

Although I believe some, refs like Mike Dean, absolutely have a genuine dislike for certain clubs, Saints being one of them.

But that said, it isnt just saints, some refs dislike other clubs.

It is just one of those things, and I think VAR has made all of the above worse - shit refs now making shitter decisions on VAR reviews.

29 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I generally think a lot of refs are just pretty incompetent rather than biased. 

Although I believe some, refs like Mike Dean, absolutely have a genuine dislike for certain clubs, Saints being one of them.

But that said, it isnt just saints, some refs dislike other clubs.

It is just one of those things, and I think VAR has made all of the above worse - shit refs now making shitter decisions on VAR reviews.

I think he can be rubbish for most teams, he did us a massive favour ( although had given some bad decisions that day) by whistling early when we were 9 down at Utd. He could have been the ref who oversaw a 10 goal victory that night but he didnt play the injury time.

13 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I think he can be rubbish for most teams, he did us a massive favour ( although had given some bad decisions that day) by whistling early when we were 9 down at Utd. He could have been the ref who oversaw a 10 goal victory that night but he didnt play the injury time.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be suggesting Mike Dean did us any sort of favour in that match 🤣

19 hours ago, OldNick said:

If he'd (and the idiot on VAR) been anywhere near competent and fair the score would have got nowhere near 9-0, we'd have lost like 4-1 and never talked about it again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

If he'd (and the idiot on VAR) been anywhere near competent and fair the score would have got nowhere near 9-0, we'd have lost like 4-1 and never talked about it again. 

I'd have settled at 6, and I think Man Utd had until the cretin Dean invited them to plunder a few more.

For all the lamenting the ref etc there's no escaping the fact that the remaining players afterthe sending off  made this a training ground exercise for Utd.

Edited by Badger

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'd have settled at 6, and I think Man Utd had until the cretin Dean invited them to plunder a few more.

For all the lamenting the ref etc there's no escaping the fact that the remaining players afterthe sending off  made this a training ground exercise for Utd.

We were crap there is no doubting that but going down to 10 men barely a few minutes into the game and then having the ref pile on the misery with decision after decision going against you so you are effectively 10 vs 12 must be very demoralising. 

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

I am watching Chelsea V City but just wondered as odd as not for UK tv clearly

I did wonder if it was something to do with teams playing Champions League getting their games out the way early to allow more recovery time but Man Utd are playing Wednesday not Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Bertrand and Vestergaard covering themselves in glory again. Down 2-1 at home to 

Even when they ain't playing for us they're messing up, need Burnley to lose,  the early relegation fight is on.  First must win 6 pointer coming up tomorrow. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

Even when they ain't playing for us they're messing up, need Burnley to lose,  the early relegation fight is on.  First must win 6 pointer coming up tomorrow. 

I really don’t see it as being anywhere near that desperate right now. Nobody else watching us this season would say we look like relegation fighters.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I really don’t see it as being anywhere near that desperate right now. Nobody else watching us this season would say we look like relegation fighters.

Would agree to a point, given the teams we've played,  but the current table, early though it is,  says otherwise. 

19 minutes ago, Micky said:

Would agree to a point, given the teams we've played,  but the current table, early though it is,  says otherwise. 

To each their own I guess, personally I think it’s been a much better start than many were expecting. Not just our own performances but the fact that Norwich, Burnley, Watford, Wolves, Palace and Newcastle are clearly nothing to write home about.