Other Games 21/22

whelk

8 minutes ago, SFC Forever said:

So for women who have no interest in the men's football but are getting more interested in their women's football we care little for their likes and dislikes.

There are as many women as there are men so get used to female, cricket, hockey and football.

Oh do fuck off. 

39 minutes ago, SFC Forever said:

So for women who have no interest in the men's football but are getting more interested in their women's football we care little for their likes and dislikes.

There are as many women as there are men so get used to female, cricket, hockey and football.

What a weird way to phrase it. "get used to female cricket hockey and football!?" it's not like saying its a bit annoying when it's not separated explicitly from the mens sports is going to make a blind bit of difference or seee any sort of change. 

Fwiw I agree with whelk, it's clear they've had some big talk about diversity and how they can push certain women's sports like football that the vast majority aren't interested in and some of the ways they do it like trying to deliberate conflate the mens football with the women's and lumping football together as one amorphous blob in the hopes that fans will just take whatever is on offer is confusing and a bit irritating. Like I said earlier it's really a minor gripe but it's a perfectly valid opinion to hold and I don't know why you're so annoyed at someone expressing an opinion. You're allowed to disagree and think it's great you know. 

8 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

If the accounts are joint that just means people who don't care can skip over the content that doesn't interest them.

I'd rather not see it at all, it annoys me as much as feckin tons of adverts on online videos now as well. Yeah I can skip them but can't I just watch what I clicked on without having something else using up my data cap.

• Like 2

I know it gets a bit despairing at times, supporting Saints, but we really should collectively drop to our knees and that thank our lucky stars (or whichever God we believe in) that we weren't born......... supporting Burnley.

What a dirty bunch of horrible bastards they are. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Everton, but I was pleased they won tonight having been kicked about the park by those thugs, How Townsend got booked for a slight push on a Burnley player, moments after Tarkowski went unpunished, having nearly kicked Richarlason into Row Z, I don't know.

Only Martin Atkinson and the ever reliable Mike Dean as fourth official will know the answer to that. 

So, you Saints fans, as you read this, force a smile for 10 seconds, and remember.........you don't support Burnley. 

8 hours ago, The Cat said:

Maybe. Bit early to really pass full judgement. Townsend's always run hot and cold throughout his career. Gray could go either way but on the face of it they were low cost so worth a punt especially as Everton apparently aren't spending much money now.

Yeh was going to say the same thing, Townsend has probably done this like 10 times in his career, had a little purple patch and then disappears into mediocrity. 

Everton seem to do similar in recent years, start well, people talk about champs league and then eventually they hit their level which is a lot more average. They might pull a surprise like West Ham did last year but I suspect their mainly average players will pull them down to average again, also quite possible this is new manager bounce as well. 

Edited by tajjuk

Demarari gray 3 goals in 4 games..cost 1.2m…Redmond 1 goal in last calendar year….Djenepo 1 goal in 50…🤔…returned his transfer fee already …should have offloaded Redmond and got him in …very small fee and knows how to score wen infront of goal…unlike Redmond.. we were linked with him last January…tricked missed !

3 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Demarari gray 3 goals in 4 games..cost 1.2m…Redmond 1 goal in last calendar year….Djenepo 1 goal in 50…🤔…returned his transfer fee already …should have offloaded Redmond and got him in …very small fee and knows how to score wen infront of goal…unlike Redmond.. we were linked with him last January…tricked missed !

Its easy to say we should offload Redmond but the only clubs who would want him would be Championship clubs who wouldn't be able to afford what we pay him. 

Demarai Gray and Andros Townshend are excellent examples of players who have a little burst of form and people on here drool over them and wish we'd signed them.

But if either of those players were ours, those same people would despise them just as they despise Redmond. The pair of them flatter to deceive, run hot and cold and their end product absolutely no better than Redmond.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Why would he choose us over Everton?

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Demarai Gray and Andros Townshend are excellent examples of players who have a little burst of form and people on here drool over them and wish we'd signed them.

But if either of those players were ours, those same people would despise them just as they despise Redmond. The pair of them flatter to deceive, run hot and cold and their end product absolutely no better than Redmond.

At 1.2m I’d have gray in over redders all day…redders needs a new challenge maybe new employers and a change of scenery could kick start a revival in him…his decision making is shot and shouldn’t be anywhere near our 1st team.

38 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

When you look at how much Everton paid for Gray, who I'd regard as a Redmond MkII, easy to see why some are envious.

Agree that both Gray and Townsend  are inconsistent and not as great as some will make out but is it too much to expect a little burst of form from Redmond occasionally rather than a good season 3 or 4 years ago ?

Perhaps though his sub appearance at Newcastle was his burst of form for this season. 

36 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

At 1.2m I’d have gray in over redders all day…redders needs a new challenge maybe new employers and a change of scenery could kick start a revival in him…his decision making is shot and shouldn’t be anywhere near our 1st team.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had we signed Gray for £1.2m, people would have whinged about a lack of ambition. I'll be honest, I laughed when Everton signed him, but he looks the biggest bargain in a long time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

When you look at how much Everton paid for Gray, who I'd regard as a Redmond MkII, easy to see why some are envious.

Agree that both Gray and Townsend  are inconsistent and not as great as some will make out but is it too much to expect a little burst of form from Redmond occasionally rather than a good season 3 or 4 years ago ?

Perhaps though his sub appearance at Newcastle was his burst of form for this season. 

Redmond should really only be on the bench. He is better coming on after 70 odd minutes when he is fresh and opponents are tiring. Just don't put him in the starting 11 and he's fine for us.

• Like 1

I see the usual suspects are responsible for the flurry of complaints above about women's football coverage. If they were really 'meh' about it they'd not think it worth saying anything about it, but they do, gawd, they do.

Anyway, I only came on here to wonder whether Jankewitz will get any minutes for Young Boys against Manchester United tonight? 😉

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

I see the usual suspects are responsible for the flurry of complaints above about women's football coverage. If they were really 'meh' about it they'd not think it worth saying anything about it, but they do, gawd, they do.

Anyway, I only came on here to wonder whether Jankewitz will get any minutes for Young Boys against Manchester United tonight? 😉

Maybe 1-2 minutes then a red card.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, whelk said:

What is a carbon net zero football match that Sky are promoting? Spurs v Chelsea.

Well if Sky are planting trees for all the carbon dioxide that comes out of the commentators mouths - the amount of Bollocks they spout, that’s the whole south coast up to the M4 resembling a rain forest.

Methinks its a damn good wheeze to sell acres of expensive advertising slots to every “green” product producing company in the UK. With the small print of £0.0001 per was given to tree planting properties. 

• Like 1

Anyone else see the SOUTHAMPTON REDS Manc banner after Ronaldo scored? Their fathers should be ashamed!..wen young boys got the winner I jumped up and knocked my tea off the coffee table but managed to catch the empty cup before it hit the deck to my right..gave myself an 8/10 rating ..reckon I’d keep macca and Fraser out the side.

4 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Anyone else see the SOUTHAMPTON REDS Manc banner after Ronaldo scored? Their fathers should be ashamed!..wen young boys got the winner I jumped up and knocked my tea off the coffee table but managed to catch the empty cup before it hit the deck to my right..gave myself an 8/10 rating ..reckon I’d keep macca and Fraser out the side.

I've got a wheelie bin that'd keep McCarthy and Forster out of the side.

1 hour ago, Kingsland Codger said:

Watching the Liverpool v A C Milan game and the commentator is saying how Sadie Mane has scored 99 goals for Liverpool. But has he? soccerbase.com tells us at least 21 of these were scored when he was with Southampton (plus another 3 in the League Cup)

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=67510

They've got confused again, inevitably wiping his time at Southampton from memory! It's 99 goals in English football, for both ourselves and Liverpool.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

They've got confused again, inevitably wiping his time at Southampton from memory! It's 99 goals in English football, for both ourselves and Liverpool.

Premier League goals for Liverpool - 76

Domestic Cup goals for Liverpool - 2

Euro goals for Liverpool - 21

Total goals for Liverpool  - 99

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t know what’s worse, the appalling standard or the Nods waving  their flags. 

I don't know what's worse, a supposedly grown man (or is that just an assumption?) getting his knickers in a twist because there is panel on the BBC main football page displaying a dozen Women's World Cup results instead of one solitary Premier League result (even though when you click on the actual scores and fixtures tab the premier league result is above the WWC ones) or a supposedly grown man getting upset by some school girls waving flags at a match they are attending to cheer on their country's women's team in a World Cup match.....

• Like 7

Watched the last 30 minutes of the women’s game tonight and it was enough to see how embarrassing the gulf in class is between England and North Macedonia. Fair play to England they played some decent stuff, the assist for the 6th goal was a worldie. Can’t wrap my head around just why women goalkeepers are so fucking awful though, that’s not me being sexist, they really are dreadful.

Audible Bruce out chants at the end of the Newcastle game, really don’t know what their fans expect, they’ve got an owner that wants to sell so will just put in enough cash to keep them up, and they’ve got a manager that will do just that, keep them bobbing around the lower mid table mark. Their fan base have delusions on par with Spurs and Everton fans about their place in the footballing world.

46 minutes ago, Minsk said:

I don't know what's worse, a supposedly grown man (or is that just an assumption?) getting his knickers in a twist because there is panel on the BBC main football page displaying a dozen Women's World Cup results instead of one solitary Premier League result (even though when you click on the actual scores and fixtures tab the premier league result is above the WWC ones) or a supposedly grown man getting upset by some school girls waving flags at a match they are attending to cheer on their country's women's team in a World Cup match.....

World Cup lol 😂