Other Games 21/22

whelk

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

They'll finish top half I reckon.

Unfortunately I was hoping they'd be down there as another relegation candidate to help our cause. Can't begrudge Brentford though, I used to live nearby their core support proper old school fans and I still know someone who works there,  interesting business set up with their ownership connections with Midgetland. 

4 hours ago, Chapel End said:

Ref bottles it at Anfield, who would have thought it.

It's consistent though, people mock the 'conspiracy' for big clubs, but its pretty consistent that refs bottle it in favour of big clubs in front of their home crowds. They can't take the berating and pressure they get from (or would get if they gave a decision) from the players and the crowd. Like ours yesterday, he gives yellow, but then bottles it on VAR and changes his mind, had that been the other way round I doubt he would have changed his mind. Had that been a Man City player today on a second yellow, they would have got the 2nd yellow. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Reading on a forum that for some unknown reason Bissouma more than likely won't be playing for Brighton this weekend.

I think that unknown reason could be the fact that Brighton aren't playing this weekend. Or something else.

13 minutes ago, manji said:

Adams had a good game. Looked very likely. Standing ovation when he was taken off.

Shame he doesn't play that well for us. Been below average this season. Maybe broja to start against Leeds? Oh actually ralph will pick redmond, silly me.

I like Che but he'd be the man I'd be dropping right now, to try and get a win against Leeds, so perhaps a tweaked hammy isn't the worst thing. He did play well though for Scotland, worked hard. Glad I caught the second half of that game.

JWP up next. I know it's Andorra and we'll probably struggle to a 2-0 win or something but I hope he comes out of the game with some credit. He has a point to prove after not making the Euros. Also, he needs some form to take back to us, even if he's out for a few games.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Very annoyed after watching the Swiss- NI game. Ref ruined the game by red carding Jamal Lewis because he took 19 seconds to take a throw in.

Was a shocking decision. Not the first time we've on the end of a terrible refs decision against the swiss. Lewis did take a while to take the throw in, but the first instinct of the ref is to warn him, not book him. Ruined the game

8 hours ago, danjosaint said:

Took 2nd one excellently 

Looks full of confidence again, hopefully will continue that when he returns.

Did anyone see the England u21s game? Sounds like they struggled but Livramento played so hopefully he came through it with no issues. 

27 minutes ago, JRM said:

Looks full of confidence again, hopefully will continue that when he returns.

Did anyone see the England u21s game? Sounds like they struggled but Livramento played so hopefully he came through it with no issues. 

I watched it. As you would expect, England completely dominated the match. The main problem was the final ball or a weak shot or a shot straight at the keeper. Brewster was terrible, but should never have been given a red. Tino played okay, without being spectacular, and looked like he came off unscathed.

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

I watched it. As you would expect, England completely dominated the match. The main problem was the final ball or a weak shot or a shot straight at the keeper. Brewster was terrible, but should never have been given a red. Tino played okay, without being spectacular, and looked like he came off unscathed.

When you consider that Andorra has a population of around 85,000, of which roughly half are women and by (even rougher) estimating that only about 5% of the remaining 42,000 are aged between 18-21, it would imply that Andorra had to choose from an eligible population of around 2,000.   This assumes that these 2,000 actually play regular footy. 

To only lose 1-0 to an England team with some regular premiership players is a great achievement by that tiny country or .......... pretty abysmal by England and their highly paid coaches. 

10 minutes ago, vectraman said:

Only player looking dangerous for England is Grealish. So he gets subbed off 🙄
Kane who has been dogshit is England’s equivalent of Redmond and stays on regardless….

He's hooked him now, but agreed, Grealish had looked dangerous. 

2 hours ago, Minsk said:

Nice to see Southgate going with a more attacking line-up today. About bloody time!

Nice theory, but didn't go well. The front 5, or whatever it was supposed to be, just weren't making enough runs. Grealish looked good until he was taken off, Foden decent enough, Kane shit, ditto Sterling, and barely noticed Mount. 

27 minutes ago, egg said:

Nice theory, but didn't go well. The front 5, or whatever it was supposed to be, just weren't making enough runs. Grealish looked good until he was taken off, Foden decent enough, Kane shit, ditto Sterling, and barely noticed Mount. 

Can't argue with any of that. Can add that Saka didn't do much and it was a stupid pen to give away.