Other Games 21/22

whelk

44 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I already explained. Because there's a spate of footballers employing pr agencies to tweet on their behalf. It was a point highlighted by Gary Neville a few weeks ago and there was a BBC article about it if you were actually interested. 

I'm with you on this one Hypo. If you compare his spoken English in interviews to the language used in this tweet, it's a pretty fair bet he didn't write it himself. Not in English anyway. It's possible he wrote something in French and got someone to translate his sentiments for him I suppose, but I very much doubt these are his words.

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I already explained. Because there's a spate of footballers employing pr agencies to tweet on their behalf. It was a point highlighted by Gary Neville a few weeks ago and there was a BBC article about it if you were actually interested. 

I would be more concerned if it had [ insert gentle manager here ] in it.

7 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

Saint-Maximin is one of the nicest people in football: a brilliant footballer and an absolute diamond geezer. Newcastle are very lucky to have him in their team. 

Really classy player. Was at Monaco and Nice when we were supposedly tracking players in the french league. You have to wonder what games we were watching when we end up with Carillo from Monaco when he was at the same club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whelk said:

If HT whistle had actually gone wouldn’t the pen be last kick of half and not play on for rebound?

In theory, yes, but in this case the game should have been brought back to the point in time when the penalty foul occurred. Having said that, the half time whistle went straight after the new kick off. I can’t be arsed to go back and check but it seemed to me that there was a lot of time between the penalty foul and the point when VAR stuck their nose in.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Explains it

Although could it be argued that Pawson allowed the half to continue beyond when he should've blown for half time (approx 40 seconds longer than the allotted 2 minutes)? In other words, did the time taken for VAR to make a decision in itself delay the half time whistle and, if so, should it have done?

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Norwich already 3-0 down, not even HT yet. They just look totally and utterly out of their depth in every part of their game, every week. I don't know if that's down to the player quality, or the coaching?

When you look at them on paper they don't have 'bad' players, they should be at least competing, so for them to be so out of their depth every week must be somewhat down to the tactical approach they employ. I'm not even sure what it is tbh.

Edited by S-Clarke

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Norwich already 3-0 down, not even HT yet. They just look totally and utterly out of their depth in every part of their game, every week. I don't know if that's down to the player quality, or the coaching?

When you look at them on paper they don't have 'bad' players, they should be at least competing, so for them to be so out of their depth every week must be somewhat down to the tactical approach they employ. I'm not even sure what it is tbh.

Yep. Tactics and work rate for me. They should be more competitive than they are for me, but they look completely out of their depth. 

On 21/10/2021 at 15:34, Sheaf Saint said:

I'm with you on this one Hypo. If you compare his spoken English in interviews to the language used in this tweet, it's a pretty fair bet he didn't write it himself. Not in English anyway. It's possible he wrote something in French and got someone to translate his sentiments for him I suppose, but I very much doubt these are his words.

He probably had help but "gentle" is such an odd choice that it feels like a genuine sentiment

22 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

hmm you think so? I look at their team and it all screams Championship to be honest... just watch us lose in a few weeks time now :( 

Edited by nta786

12 minutes ago, nta786 said:

hmm you think so? I look at their team and it all screams Championship to be honest... just watch us lose in a few weeks time now :( 

I dunno, when they have players like Cantwell, Aarons, Rasicha, Pukki, Kabak, Gilmour in and around their 11 I think they've got as much as Burnley quality wise. (Although Cantwell is out atm)

This is all on the manager and tactics in my opinion. They don't even make an effort to close down off the ball, it's all so, so, so easy.

Can't wait to see how much we make a meal of this game in a few weeks!

Edited by S-Clarke

32 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I dunno, when they have players like Cantwell, Aarons, Rasicha, Pukki, Kabak, Gilmour in and around their 11 I think they've got as much as Burnley quality wise. (Although Cantwell is out atm)

This is all on the manager and tactics in my opinion. They don't even make an effort to close down off the ball, it's all so, so, so easy.

Can't wait to see how much we make a meal of this game in a few weeks!

They seem ok attacking wise but can't seem to defend at all, just leave space and overloads all over the place. 

6-0 without a recognised striker as well, Lukaku must be gutted he is missing this match. 

LOL 7-0. also unusually for Chelsea, every goal scorer is English. 

Edited by tajjuk

15 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

They seem ok attacking wise but can't seem to defend at all, just leave space and overloads all over the place. 

6-0 without a recognised striker as well, Lukaku must be gutted he is missing this match. 

LOL 7-0. also unusually for Chelsea, every goal scorer is English. 

We should not laugh too much, we have been beaten by worse than 7, twice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Palace fans give their verdict on the Toon's new ownership;

spacer.png

Apparently police investigating this as a hate crime, would be good for an arrest to be made to go to court and see the defence barrister produce evidence that the Saudi state have been involved in all those things, doubt the Saudis would want that publicity. 

Clearly its a dig at two things, the fit and proper owners process and the bore fest of Newcastle fans celebrating "having their club back" 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JRM said:

Apparently police investigating this as a hate crime, would be good for an arrest to be made to go to court and see the defence barrister produce evidence that the Saudi state have been involved in all those things, doubt the Saudis would want that publicity. 

Clearly its a dig at two things, the fit and proper owners process and the bore fest of Newcastle fans celebrating "having their club back" 

A lot of LGBTQ fans groups are very vocal on social media about the Saudis as well, citing their record on oppression of those groups.

However, we all know that in the eyes of the elite running football, money trumps everything else.

Edited by badgerx16

22 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

A lot of LGBTQ fans groups are very vocal on social media about the Saudis as well, citing their record on oppression of those groups.

However, we all know that in the eyes of the elite running football, money trumps everything else.

Homosexuality is punishable by death over there, but Newcastle will be wearing the Rainbow laces. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRM said:

What on earth are they investigating? Whether the sign was made from single-use plastic??

Edited by AlexLaw76

So we are wholly against racism and will take the knee before the game to highlight this, but we're willing to be in the pay of those who advocate state sponsored murder and appalling human rights.  That flag should be flown by every club that plays Newcastle.   How low can the premiere league actually go? 

1 minute ago, Micky said:

So we are wholly against racism and will take the knee before the game to highlight this, but we're willing to be in the pay of those who advocate state sponsored murder and appalling human rights.  That flag should be flown by every club that plays Newcastle.   How low can the premiere league actually go? 

Premier League? All of us you mean!