Other Games 21/22

whelk

3 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Pretty much everything decent on a weekend on Sky is biting the dust now. Sunday Supplement and Goals on Sunday both changed presenters and were gone within a season, now Jeff leaving Soccer Saturday is the nail for that too - although it’s been dire since the rest of the gang left, so was inevitable.

Unfortunately in this woke era they break it even i it doesn't need fixing. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s bizarre that in the era of dedicated football channels, Sunday suppliant and Goals on Sunday went. Both must have been pretty cheap to air, and both were pretty decent Sunday morning viewing.

Maybe viewing figures dropped to the point where they decided it wasn't worth sticking with it?

Most people catch the goals from the weekend online or MOTD. Not sure what the call is for people to watch a load of journos talking about games everyone has already seen highlights from. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Cat said:

Maybe viewing figures dropped to the point where they decided it wasn't worth sticking with it?

Most people catch the goals from the weekend online or MOTD. Not sure what the call is for people to watch a load of journos talking about games everyone has already seen highlights from. 

Especially when they used to wheel on that pompous prick Martin Samuels

42 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Another nail in the SS coffin. What’s the betting Jeff’s replacement will be a chick. 

Kelly Cates is superb and would do a good job. Added that all the blokes could fantasise about being her fella as she was up for dating 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6802370/kelly-cates-sky-sports-presenter-divorce-kenny-dalglish/

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I imagine he'd be the type of bloke Ducky would love to drink with down the alehouse.

Most of those journos were so full of themselves with their slow delivery. Hardly any of them worth listening to unless you are some geek fan who likes Henry Winter droning on about FA reform. As said far more entertaining and insightful podcasts than that bollocks

3 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

He’s not retiring according to him.

He said the prep work during week was too much. Ok it must be cos he has to speak to Clinton Morrison and involve female pundits the racist old misogynist.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

But he only left us because he wanted to move to a club where he would be challenging to win the Champions League every year. Honest guv!

Watching this Norwich/Leeds game and both are very poor. Obviously Leeds are missing a few starters and will improve, but we really need to be beating Norwich in two weeks. Hopefully we can go into it off the back of another good result against Villa

Just now, woodsaint1 said:

Watching this Norwich/Leeds game and both are very poor. Obviously Leeds are missing a few starters and will improve, but we really need to be beating Norwich in two weeks. Hopefully we can go into it off the back of another good result against Villa

Well, I have flu and dosed up to the tits on Lempsips, woke up at 2am and still cant drop off even to this game.

My god this has been one fo the most boring 45 mins of football ive seen. I imagine the neutral weren’t queuing up to watch us dismantle Watford yesterday, but at least it was pretty exciting.

1 minute ago, John Boy Saint said:

Norwich don’t seem to have any belief

Still baffling why they don't play Gilmour. He's looked decent when I've seen him. I think they miss Cantwell too but I heard him and Farke have had a bit of a falling out. Farke's 3-5-2 system effectively means leaving out their most talented players for workhorses and it doesn't appear to be working. Norwich back their manager but he's definitely taking them down again as it is.

Having said all that, watch them beat us in November... 🙄😑

6 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Would have preferred a draw to keep Leeds a few points below us, but hey ho. Norwich are that bad you can't reasonably expect them to take points off anyone at the moment.

You really shouldn't have said that!

#iseethefuture

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suhari said:

You really shouldn't have said that!

#iseethefuture

I know it's tempting fate, but I really don't think we should be worried about them.

In 10 games they have scored 3 goals and conceded 25.

They are a piss poor team and as long as we maintain our performance levels of late then we'll beat them comfortably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

I've heard Ings is unhappy and wants to move in January to play European football for a Premier League club 

Maybe dropping him today is simply a kick up the ass to get him focused and riled up for villas next game...?

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Didn't he already have it last season? 

I know it's not uncommon for people to get it twice, but that's unlucky if so.

Whatever it is fingers crossed he's still out on Friday night 

4 hours ago, whelk said:

The bloke is 66 and retiring but go ahead thinking the lefties have got to him.

there are plenty of podcasts discussing football even le tiss, Thompson and Nicholas have one so you can wipe away your tears

He specifically said he isn't retiring.

5 hours ago, saintwbu said:

Pretty much everything decent on a weekend on Sky is biting the dust now. Sunday Supplement and Goals on Sunday both changed presenters and were gone within a season, now Jeff leaving Soccer Saturday is the nail for that too - although it’s been dire since the rest of the gang left, so was inevitable.

Unfortunately in this woke era they break it even i it doesn't need fixing. 

13 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Red card for Villa and should have been two. How the guy stayed on after the fore arm smash I have no idea.

Absolutely. He should also be charged with GBH for that. It was truly awful.

No idea why Evans only got a yellow and not a straight red for Leicester yesterday either, after wrestling Aubameyang to the ground as the last defender.

Just now, Minsk said:

Don't you mean Ralph? Pretty sure Howe is meant to be unveiled at St Mary's before midnight. I guess they could come in with last minute offer though.............

Sorry my mistake yes Ralph, returning to saints with Villa Friday night 🧐

West Ham are a really, really good team aren’t they. 

Id love to see the reaction on this place if we appointed someone like Moyes. 

A real shame he wasn’t given the time Ole has been at United as it’d have been interesting to see how things would have panned out. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

A real shame he wasn’t given the time Ole has been at United as it’d have been interesting to see how things would have panned out. 

Yep including yours 

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

If Moyes hadn’t already been manager of Man United people would be pushing him for the job 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Yep including yours 

A proven premier league manager who has experience in working with and improving lower mid table teams on a tight budget. 

What’s not to like? Moyes would be a fantastic appointment for a club like us. As proven with West Ham. 

The trouble is, he’s not got a good haircut and isn’t a good looking bloke, so the football hipsters and press (like the athletic) won’t like him. 

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

A proven premier league manager who has experience in working with and improving lower mid table teams on a tight budget. 

What’s not to like? Moyes would be a fantastic appointment for a club like us. As proven with West Ham. 

The trouble is, he’s not got a good haircut and isn’t a good looking bloke, so the football hipsters and press (like the athletic) won’t like him. 

Hipsters 🤣

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

Klopp doesn’t have a good haircut etc.