Other Games 21/22

whelk

10 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

World Cup lol 😂 

Yes, World Cup. A tournament competed in by countries from all over the world.

You do realise that there are world cups for many sports? And for both both men and women in those sports?

Sorry if this comes as a shock to you Princess, or upsets your delicate misogynistic ways.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Minsk said:

Yes, World Cup. A tournament competed in by countries from all over the world.

You do realise that there are world cups for many sports? And for both both men and women in those sports?

Sorry if this comes as a shock to you Princess, or upsets your delicate misogynistic ways.

Don't exert too much mental energy into trying to reply to the old Lord Duckmeister.  He's having trouble trying to front up to the positive changes of the late 20th and early parts of the 21st centuries.   As a parent of four daughters, there's a great joy to be had watching womens' sport all over the planet.....in time it will be appreciated, and valued as much as Mens' competitions.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Don't exert too much mental energy into trying to reply to the old Lord Duckmeister.  He's having trouble trying to front up to the positive changes of the late 20th and early parts of the 21st centuries.   As a parent of four daughters, there's a great joy to be had watching womens' sport all over the planet.....in time it will be appreciated, and valued as much as Mens' competitions.

My daughter loved it last night, the atmosphere was good for kids and they didn't really notice the lack of quality on the pitch.

What are the chances of actually hosting the tournament in Australia with the totalitarian covid obsessed govt in place? 

1 minute ago, austsaint said:

Don't worry, it takes virtually no mental energy at all in replying to darling Duckie. Although I do realise that he may have trouble in understanding some of the words used.....

By the way, I have 4 daughters too and a plethora of nieces - one of which is a qualified football coach (coaches boys and girls). 

I have two daughters and encouraged them to play lots of sport. That doesn’t take away from fact that standard in football is so noticeably off the men’s game it isn’t enjoyable to watch. I am glad it is getting more exposure and will no doubt improve however that doesn’t mean it should be the lead sports news all across the BBC. A lot of the coverage is so patronising pretending the errors aren’t shocking at top level of any sport.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, austsaint said:

I think it's great that women's football is seemingly more popular. My only real gripe is that some outlets like the BBC seen to be trying to get people to take an interest by tricking them into clicking on links by obscuring the fact its the women's game (they do it with women's cricket too). If they stopped doing that and putting it as their front page news item (even ahead of Premier league football) then I really would wish the sport well. 

Edited by hypochondriac

15 hours ago, JRM said:

What are the chances of actually hosting the tournament in Australia with the totalitarian covid obsessed govt in place? 

It's two years away still, so I'd say chances are good.

Also, as much as our Federal Government absolutely sucks in a myriad of ways, I'd say describing it as totalitarian is a fair bit of an overreach.

We're not being locked up in cages or forced to shave our heads or anything.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Vesty having a storming start to his Leicester career .. gave away a pen today to add to his shit Napoli performance 

Over the course of a season Vestergaard's awful defending is worth at least minus six league positions to his team. If they keep playing him, Leicester are going to concede hatfuls of goals and finish below us in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Lighthouse said:

The only thing I can imagine is that Ronaldo was going down before the contact, although obviously being a United player he didn’t get booked.

It definitely looked like a foul to me but I think Ronaldo was looking for it and from behind looked like a dive. 

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

P.s still a bit confused how a Utd player slid through a West Ham player in his own box, missed the ball and got a free kick. 

I was too as the taters were looking for offside in the build up but I didn’t see the flag go up - and Wan-Bissaka piled right through the back.

I can only think Atkinson, who was the VAR ref for our game yesterday,  is obviously still waiting for his cataract operation to come through. 

I really hate the saying they come out with - “to win the league you’re going to have to finish above *insert name of top club playing well*” Neville has just said it that city, Liverpool or Man United will fancy themselves to win the league if they finish above chelsea. Obviously, It you finish below them you won’t be top. They say it every frigging season

Nuno was a dreadful appointment after his sacking from Wolves. Spurs fans would’ve wanted an attacking manager after Mourinho, but they can only muster three shots on target against Palace and Chelsea, two 3-0 losses and a 2-2 draw with Rennes in between.

Kane’s doing a Van Dijk too and going through the motions. 

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

I've got no love for Ronaldo at all but he was denied two pretty clear cut penalties there. Baffling that VAR didn't at least instruct the ref to look again on the monitor. Justice done in any case.

Two blatant dives where he was going down under no contact. Should have been booked.