Palace 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

It's laughable that there would be some on here that groaned when JWP scored. I simply don't understand. We have a player who is a solid premier league player, who loves the club, who plays every game without ever ducking or demands a rest, who shows no arrogance and appreciates everything the club has given, who trains hard and constantly tries to improve themselves. Yet some fans would happily pick him up and drive him out of the club. Then moan when ings leaves that there is no loyalty left in football. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Chez said:

i don't get this rust thing. He's been training with Wimbledon every day. so should be sharp as a tack, but he's just old. McCarthy is miles better. I'd take Forster too. When is he gonna be fit? Is he really injured or has he just downed tools?

Ralph seemed to imply there was a chance Forster might make Saturday. Yeah for me Caballero is understanably weaker than our normal keepers(happyy he pulled off that near post save today at 1-0) & its about limiting what we require him to try and save.

1 minute ago, CanadaSaint said:

We’re quite innovative. Under Ralph we’ve invented a new concept called “pre-second half nerves”.

All I want him to say in there is “Keep running it at them”, but it would be totally out of character.

All he needs to say is "now don't be shit"

Perhaps stare at a few players as well.

1 minute ago, sydney_saint said:

It's laughable that there would be some on here that groaned when JWP scored. I simply don't understand. We have a player who is a solid premier league player, who loves the club, who plays every game without ever ducking or demands a rest, who shows no arrogance and appreciates everything the club has given, who trains hard and constantly tries to improve themselves. Yet some fans would happily pick him up and drive him out of the club. Then moan when ings leaves that there is no loyalty left in football. 

No one groaned

2 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

They're the same fans that can't praise Broja without also slagging off our other strikers at the same time as well.

2 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Yes, he looks as promising as Shearer did at the same age. Unfortunately, Chelsea can probably see that too.

yep. The Shearer one is a good comparison. If Chelsea can't see it, it because they are blinded by the money spent on their first team strikers.

3 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

only in ecstasy 

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Lyanco really does need to learn not to over-commit doesn't he.

Yeah he does. I don't know if he hasn't played with many players like zaha before (i.e. pacey, strong, and tricky), but he needs to get to grips with it in the prem or it will ultimately cost goals. Hopefully he'll learn though.

11 minutes ago, VictiAbNonem said:

I've been really impressed with KWP so far. Was great to see him even covering Tino at RB!

he's a really good player, which is why Perraud don't get a game, even with a left foot.  But I don't think he's remotely as effective as when he's on the right.

Edited by Chez

This is where we should break things up. Win fouls. Do fake injuries. Waste time. Be dirty. We always seem to let the game go on. Be too fair. If it was Burnley now they’d be milking everything. Or Chelsea. Or anyone. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic