Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

4 hours ago, ally_uk said:

Someone better like who? 

Cornet probably represents better value for money but possibly lower resale value. Would imagine both would score a similar amount next season were we to sign either. Just an example mind, not saying we should, are or will sign him

• Like 1

How many more signings do we think we can expect?

I'd expect striker, but would also like another attacking midfielder or winger, full back (on loan), and centre back (Colwill?).

Especially if Walcott and Bednarek move on. Would be nice to shift Djenepo on too, maybe Redmond as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Cornet probably represents better value for money but possibly lower resale value. Would imagine both would score a similar amount next season were we to sign either. Just an example mind, not saying we should, are or will sign him

Cornet is a winger. Broja is a centre forward. We need a main man up front, and don't play with wingers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Danny Ings and 20 million on new striker. 

Attacking midfielder creative player similar mould to Tadic.

Another centre back personally I'd like to see somebody experienced and a leader. 

Anything else would be a bonus. 

Using the above swap out Ings for Delap on loan. But the other striker we need to invest properly. 

Broja aside who else fits the mould? And actually can score in the premier league? I can't think of anyone..... 

Anyways that's how I would end the window anything else is a bonus.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, egg said:

Cornet is a winger. Broja is a centre forward. We need a main man up front, and don't play with wingers. 

Is the only reason we dont play with wingers (Redmond, Walcott, Djenepo) because the wide men we have are crap though ?

25 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Is the only reason we dont play with wingers (Redmond, Walcott, Djenepo) because the wide men we have are crap though ?

I assumed it was cos Ralph likes the wider 2 to tuck in. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

And the width comes from the full back, which will be even more important if we’re playing with 3 centre backs

Yep. Looks like that's the way we're going. I'd still like a Broja type up top with someone playing off and around him. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep. Looks like that's the way we're going. I'd still like a Broja type up top with someone playing off and around him. 

Yeah someone like that, big, strong, powerful. Definitely need someone of that type. The lad at stuggart appears that type but he’s being linked with Bayern Munich and Man United now so guess he’s out of our league. 

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yeah someone like that, big, strong, powerful. Definitely need someone of that type. The lad at stuggart appears that type but he’s being linked with Bayern Munich and Man United now so guess he’s out of our league. 

Without investment of decent players there is every chance will be out of the league

We are in the PL surely we should be investing in a couple PL players not just youngsters who may develop into PL players or may not

I am not sure who was the last player who came in as an experienced player and was an automatic selection and enhanced the team

1 minute ago, John B said:

Without investment of decent players there is every chance will be out of the league

We are in the PL surely we should be investing in a couple PL players not just youngsters who may develop into PL players or may not

I am not sure who was the last player who came in as an experienced player and was an automatic selection and enhanced the team

Joe Aribo probably 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, John B said:

Hopefully but I would just like a couple of proven PL players 

Yep Definitely at centre back. We’ve spent 5 years gambling on that position and we’ve had a horrendous defensive record for years with crap defenders not up to the job 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, John B said:

Why do they need to be 'PL proven'? Mane, Wanyama, Tadic, Pelle, Alderweireld & van Dijk all had never played a PL game before joining Saints.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, egg said:

He played up front a fair bit and scored goals. Nothing to say he couldn’t make the switch permanently. Anyway someone asked for an example and I gave one. That’s all

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John B said:

To be honest the only clubs who can sign proven PL players are the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, City, Chelsea etc. The 'PL' experience comes with a premium which is usually in excess of £35m.

The only other way we can sign 'PL' experience is to get some older players at the end of their careers, like Ben Mee or Theo - but less said about that approach the better.

Our only option is to sign younger players who we can then provide PL experience to, after which we can then ask for the premium when clubs come sniffing. That's our place, that's not going to change.

• Like 5

What I find strange is all the rounds Ralph done in Germany and Austria and he's bought nobody in from the above, surely he would of had contacts/scouting/General knowledge of those leagues, is this partly because of the scouting dept over the years don't back him up after being burned on Carillo deal or the fact he's supposed to have poor man management skills that nobody would want to work with him 

13 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why do they need to be 'PL proven'? Mane, Wanyama, Tadic, Pelle, Alderweireld & van Dijk all had never played a PL game before joining Saints.

Strangeley if I invested loads of dosh on players and paid them ridiculous wages compared with most if not all on here I would like some of guarantee that a few  of them  would enhance the team

With our academy players we try them out and find most are not of PL standard

Especially after Carrillo Lemina Hoedt Forren Vestergaard Osvaldo Ramires etc  never played in the PL were flops

Of course some will be OK 

2 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

What I find strange is all the rounds Ralph done in Germany and Austria and he's bought nobody in from the above, surely he would of had contacts/scouting/General knowledge of those leagues, is this partly because of the scouting dept over the years don't back him up after being burned on Carillo deal or the fact he's supposed to have poor man management skills that nobody would want to work with him 

Kevin Danso is Austrian and came from the German league 

I think we’ll get another three in permanently plus one on loan.
Delap permanent. Colwill on loan but within a week of the season starting.

In terms of outgoings:
Long has gone.
No one will come in for McCarthy or Walcott - not on their wages.
Djenepo will see out the last year of his contract on loan.
Bednarek will leave but I think for less than rumoured, it’ll be around the £10m mark.

KWP and JWP as previously said won’t be leaving.

11 minutes ago, Dman said:

Delap and that lad out in Germany we’ve been linked with, would be a very good set of replacements for Long and Broja. 

Delap is totally unproven at mens level.

The lad out in Germany was injured most of last season.

Good replacement for Long perhaps but Broja was robust and able to score at PL level, which neither of the two you mentioned can say.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

It’s easy to pick a few that have been successful just like it’s easy to pick a handful that haven’t beeen successful, Diallo, djneppo, Carrillo etc etc. why the need to try and prove people wrong all the time?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Delap is totally unproven at mens level.

The lad out in Germany was injured most of last season.

Good replacement for Long perhaps but Broja was robust and able to score at PL level, which neither of the two you mentioned can say.

I don’t know a great deal about either of them, they look alright on the highlights reels from what I’ve seen. Delap is unproven, but we do have Adams and Armstrong who’ll both need to step up as well next season. 

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Being reported that we have put a £40m price on KWP..  As opposed to 'Not for sale'.....

Every player in the world has a price they would be sold for. No player is entirely 'not for sale'.

In any case the £40m figure comes from Alan Nixon who is a terrible journalist and was previously using a £15m price for Walker-Peters.  

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Every player in the world has a price they would be sold for. No player is entirely 'not for sale'.

In any case the £40m figure comes from Alan Nixon who is a terrible journalist and was previously using a £15m price for Walker-Peters.  

Weird.  We communicated that JWP is not for sale - on a number of occasions.  

2 hours ago, John B said:

Strangeley if I invested loads of dosh on players and paid them ridiculous wages compared with most if not all on here I would like some of guarantee that a few  of them  would enhance the team

With our academy players we try them out and find most are not of PL standard

Especially after Carrillo Lemina Hoedt Forren Vestergaard Osvaldo Ramires etc  never played in the PL were flops

Of course some will be OK 

Have you thought about buying a washing machine?

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I think the clue to answer your question is the word “proven”.

Edited by Fitzhugh Fella