Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

🚨 Despite a late push into the final hour, Nathan Redmond’s representatives could not agree a mutual termination with Southampton – a move to Bournemouth is off #saintsfc @kristemple

shame. One piece of dead wood remains

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, iansums said:

That Joe Shields has been a good signing.

Sport Republic have quietly had an excellent first summer window too.

This must be our highest net spend ever? All while going under the radar with the media, Saints predicted for relegation, and all signs pointing to that money being used for excellent value players.

Even more so looking at some of the prices there have been this window.

Joe Shields obviously looks to have been a big part of that, but it’s extremely encouraging for him to have been backed this well too.

• Like 9

Just now, DT said:

🚨 Despite a late push into the final hour, Nathan Redmond’s representatives could not agree a mutual termination with Southampton – a move to Bournemouth is off #saintsfc @kristemple

shame. One piece of dead wood remains

sounds like we were required to pay him a big chunk of cash, but we said no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Tbh I'm happy to keep Redmond as a squad player. He's bloody frustrating at times but he brings something different. What I am concerned about is Walcott still being on our books. 

With another wide man/winger signed in the last hour he’s not getting anywhere near the bench bar a load of injuries though is he? 
Currently he’s behind Armstrong A, Armstrong S, Moi. Aribo, Mara, and now Edozie.

2 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Still thinking back to Ralph's comments when asked about if a striker was incoming. Seemed pretty sure. 

I wonder if that was about Gakpo and that we'd thought we had it wrapped up? He seemed certain. 

I’m assuming it was Gakpo

1 minute ago, DT said:

Twat

Jan Bednarek on his move to Aston Villa: "It’s really important for me to move to a bigger club and to improve as a player, and Villa is the best place for me to do that." #saintsfc

Head gonna be in the right place to face Man City on Saturday then Jan? #twat