Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Twat

Jan Bednarek on his move to Aston Villa: "It’s really important for me to move to a bigger club and to improve as a player, and Villa is the best place for me to do that." #saintsfc

Love it. Makes it more fun, no? 

1 minute ago, DT said:

Twat

Jan Bednarek on his move to Aston Villa: "It’s really important for me to move to a bigger club and to improve as a player, and Villa is the best place for me to do that." #saintsfc

You can't really disagree that Aston Villa are bigger than us, surely? He definitely needs to improve as a player, too. Only thing I have doubts about is his last comment 'best place for me to do that', as in reality that's surely in the Polish second division?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Twat

It's comments like that which make you wonder if he was the 'leak'. He's been a consistent cog in one of the worst defences the PL has ever seen, so he should have a look in the mirror before hitting parting shots.

A truly dire defender.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

They are bigger, but no need for that comment…

… therefore, I’m going to be equally bitter. He’s utterly useless anyway. Clown defender.

he certainly needs to improve. 

Shit on the villa. Shit on the villa tonight...

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Twat

Incredible comment by a dogshit player.

Can't believe the amount of people in here who've fought his corner the past few months. Immediately improved upon by an £8m 20 year old.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

That is not a "parting shot" from Bednarek. They are quotes aimed a Villa fans, not us.

Villa is a bigger club than we are as well anyway, so it's just a fact.

Honestly, get over yourselves.

This. He's hardly going to say "I could take them or leave them really." Is he?

• Like 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

Sounds like Rodgers is about to be fired, he's pretty much criticized the owners for not backing him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone tomorrow.

Wouldn’t be surprised, other comments from him suggest that he’s lost the dressing room, lots of infighting and players wanting to get away.

• Like 1

That is not a "parting shot" from Bednarek. They are quotes aimed a Villa fans, not us.

Yeah they are a bigger club, but when what is essentially still a club employee comes out with that comment, he should expect a bit of shit 

• Like 1

Very pleased with the signings we've made this window. Can't quite shift the nag about us not signing another forward but it seems like we put all our eggs in one basket there. Not many games until the January Window opens so quick turnaround, hopefully we stay injury free up top and Che can hit one of his scoring runs. 

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Don't be silly. That's a terrible comment to make regarding your parent club when you've gone out on loan to a club who will never take up the option.

Appease their fans or not, don't be a prick.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Sounds like Rodgers is about to be fired, he's pretty much criticized the owners for not backing him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone tomorrow.

You'd think he'd know better since Parker was sacked for that.

Unless he's trying to get himself canned? Gets to avoid a relegation battle and also gets a pay off

Sounds like we are done then according to the Athletic. Quite hard to rate the transfer window as a whole without looking at the three areas of the team. 

Defensively we have had an amazing window. We've pretty much sorted the defense and strengthened in every area. I'd be tempted to give it a 10 but certainly a 9.

In midfield we have made some decent signings and have made a real upgrade with Lavia. Shame we couldn't offload a few more of the deadwood but superb that we kept jwp for another year. I'd give us an 8.5-9

Attacking wise we've bought in Mara who looks promising and Aribo who looks quite good but maybe a bit inconsistent. Overall we are weaker in this position and I can't be the only one who is very disappointed that we couldn't get anyone else over the line. We probably won't get relegated but we won't do as well as we could have done with that extra signing which imo is a missed opportunity. I think I'd give us a 6.5 or 7 in this area and I think there will be games like united where we rue not getting someone in. I expect the mood would have been very different had we not had such a good start to the season. 

Overall probably 7.5-8 which is still really good but then it probably needed to be given where we were at the end of the season. I wonder if we tried for anyone else after Gakpo fell through. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I don't think people are denying that Villa are a bigger club, they are. But he needs to employ a bit of common sense with his comments given that he's still contracted to us, this is only a loan at the end of the day.

But given his defending over the last so many (too many) years, he doesn't seem to have any common sense so probably no surprise.

• Like 8

8.5/10 window if we don’t sign a striker/centre forward/false 9/10 killer combo player, and because we didn’t shift Redmond and Walcott. 9.5 if we still get the above miracle player. 

Some very exciting signings for a club like us, although they will no doubt have their ups and downs due to their young age, and that they’ve largely gone unnoticed by the national media, who’ll continue to be shocked because they can’t see very far beyond the more media popular teams and thus have a limited understanding of football. 

Better coaching and support for Ralph seems to be in place. We should be able to avoid relegation. 

6 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

he'll get another job soon enough. Everyone, including himself, thinks he's gods gift to management.

Edited by Chez

No new striker is a real dissapointment. Only had 3 months FFS. If AA, Che or Marra get injured were screwed. Event if they say fit, we have limited options for rotation. It's a lot on those three shoulders, especially as AA doesn't really know where the net is, Che will only get 6-8 goals realistically and Marra is somewhat of an unknown at this level.

Have to hope these two city boys who've never played at the top level will turn out to be OK. Caleta-car looks good swap for Bednarek.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't think people are denying that Villa are a bigger club, they are. But he needs to employ a bit of common sense with his comments given that he's still contracted to us, this is only a loan at the end of the day.

But given his defending over the last so many (too many) years, he doesn't seem to have any common sense so probably no surprise.

Just to confirm, you can all say how shit he is over and over again but wah wah wah wah he's said on the Villa website that he pleased to sign for Villa how dare he.

As I said, get over yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

That’ll be that then. A very good window, one of our best ever and extremely needed just to keep up. 

A GK, 2 CB’s, a LB, 2 CMs, 2 AMs and a striker (and Lis!) Also some deadwood shifted out. Probably we needed an extra striker or AM and a shame the Gakpo deal failed but it has to be an 8/10 window for me.

As someone said earlier, only 13 games and then the window opens again so it’s nice to know we’ll have money to spend then if needed.

• Like 1

Just to confirm, you can all say how shit he is over and over again but wah wah wah wah he's said on the Villa website that he pleased to sign for Villa how dare he.

Think you’re on your own here, lacks a bit of class in my book.

• Like 1

Bednarek’s comments showing a level of stupidity completely reflective of a defender with virtually zero footballing intelligence whatsoever. Wish we’d just have cancelled his contract instead of loaning him, awful player, awful attitude.

• Like 2

Great window overall. Striker would have been the icing on the cake but I guess we'll see how it goes and then maybe if necessary do some business in the next window which is not far off. Seems there is money to spend for the right player and I understand us not rushing things after the Gakpo deal went south.

We have improved at GK

We have improved at CB

We have improved at DM

While we havent improved at CF we have added exciting young players across the front line.

We have also managed to ship out a number of players who arent good enough.

9/10 window for me. Had we also moved Redmond and Walcott on, while also bringing in a CF then it would have been a 10/10 window. Fair dues to Sport Republic, they've meant business and it is refreshing to see

• Like 2

Just now, CB Fry said:

What's your problem? 

Many of us thought he was abit of a twat before, that comment just sealed it. 

Glad he's moved onto a "bigger club", as he's been a liability for too long now.

Just now, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Signed a lot of promising players but not signing a decent forward might well come back to haunt us. Adams and Armstrong are  good players but 38 games?

Mara looks good, and will be better once he gets used to the speed and physicality of the English game.