Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Appy

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Good to see Redmond retain his place after two outstanding performances in the last two games 😔

This is Ralph all over, a couple of months ago he wasn’t even getting off the bench, now he’s back to being a regular.

Just highlights our lack of options though. Moi showed a bit of promise for a while but is hideously limited. At least Redmond has the ability to run at defenders and has actually provided some assists this season.

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Just highlights our lack of options though. Moi showed a bit of promise for a while but is hideously limited. At least Redmond has the ability to run at defenders and has actually provided some assists this season.

Yep. The same as any of our strikers really, what have any of them done in the last three months to deserve being picked?

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Redmond has no goals and five assists this season; Elyounoussi has seven goals and four assists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Yep. The same as any of our strikers really, what have any of them done in the last three months to deserve being picked?

Nothing. Ralph might as well mix it up a bit. No point sticking with a formula that isn't working.

• Like 1

Djenepo/Walcott still not in the squad.

I really wonder who sanctioned the Walcott 2 year deal on £75k a week.

A waste of £7.5m-£8.5m in wages over 2 years

Having said that I am happy to see Adam Armstrong start, want to see what he can do on the pitch today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

True, several in this lineup (Bednarek, Salisu, Redmond, Broja) have been atrocious lately.

Just now, Hamilton Saint said:

Redmond has no goals and five assists this season; Elyounoussi has seven goals and four assists.

And in the last 8 games he has been gash and contributed next to nothing.

Brentford like to play a high defensive line and press, so it makes sense to pick a 10 who has a bit of pace to exploit that. Moi has none.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Djenepo/Walcott still not in the squad.

I really wonder who sanctioned the Walcott 2 year deal on £75k a week.

A waste of £7.5m-£8.5m in wages over 2 years

Having said that I am happy to see Adam Armstrong start, want to see what he can do on the pitch today.

He needs a goal badly.

Like that team.

We've brought in more pace, and greater running from midfield in the shape of Diallo.

Hoping he and AA can deliver a performance.

And the youngster on the bench: love to see that.

22 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

And in the last 8 games he has been gash and contributed next to nothing.

Brentford like to play a high defensive line and press, so it makes sense to pick a 10 who has a bit of pace to exploit that. Moi has none.

I don't remember ever seeing Redmond exploit a high line by using his pace to sprint in behind.

• Like 1

I honestly thought Armstrong was going to hit 10-15 with the way he took the goal v Everton on opening day. 😆

A goal or two in these last few fixtures would be great news and I think leave me comfortable with him/Che/new going into the next season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Begs the question why Armstrong didn’t get brought on last week.

I think he was coming on for the last 10, but then Tella pulled up with cramp (again) so Ely came on instead.

Yeh a goal and good performance from him today would be great, I still think there is a good PL striker in there hes just found it tough but he has the raw ingredients for it. But Adams struggled first season but has turned into a decent player. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford vs Saints - Match Thread
Just now, Saint_clark said:

"The players of both teams take the knee, a show of solidarity in the fight against racism" the commentator says, as the camera cuts away from the Brentford forward staying stood up.

A CP player did the same last week. Their choice I guess.

Just now, skintsaint said:

A CP player did the same last week. Their choice I guess.

I know, just made me roll my eyes that even with a player making a different kind of point the coverage still reported it as if everyone was joining in. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • stevegrant unpinned this topic