Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Appy

2 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

I’ve had enough,  and for the first time I’m calling for Ralph to be sacked at the end of the season. Abundantly clear now that he can’t take the club any further than this. 

Why wait, why not at the end of the half. 

• Haha 3

Diallo doesn't have the positional discipline to play the Romeu role, he likes going forward too much and then losing the ball in bad positions, leaving the midfield completely open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This is what happens when your manager knows his job is safe! He's free to tinker and do what the fook he likes with no consequences! What happened to the recent we are not on the beach comments!!!

He also has told the club he's retiring. No doubt the players are affected by this. When Strachan said he was leaving they downed tools. I know its not for a year but

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

In fairness doesn't Salisu knock over erikssen who falls into Bednareks legs? What's he supposed to do?

yep. bit unlucky. 

However, it could easily be 3-0. Getting murdered at set pieces, on the break...every where. 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

In fairness doesn't Salisu knock over erikssen who falls into Bednareks legs? What's he supposed to do?

He was jogging back from being out of position and then just fell over.

A fucking abysmal defender who wouldn't get anywhere near any other PL team.

• Like 1

Honestly should be 3 or 4 right now.

Sadly for the first time I am now in the Ralph out camp at end of the season. 

I think he has taken us as far as he can, and appreciate the relatively stable campaigns he has given us albeit in a streaky manner, but this latest run is just one too many. 

I have nothing against him, I don’t think the players are responding to his methods anymore and unfortunately in this day and age it means the manager gets the cull. 

I wanted it to work out so badly, so to be honest it pains me to say the above.

There are some decent free agent options out there, though I would like to think the board have replacements lined up. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He was jogging back from being out of position and then just fell over.

A fucking abysmal defender who wouldn't get anywhere near any other PL team.

You can say that about half of our squad TBF.

Pretty much our standard performance lately. No idea how to defend. Not enough effort shown. Can't just be down to the manager but when things are broken Ralph often has no idea how to fix them, as evidenced the poor runs without a win etc. And this run of form.

Enough is enough. Tactically utter shite. There are just too many very poor players out there, but to be two down at 20 minutes against Brentford is a terribly indictment of the awful management we’re witnessing. This has to be the worst run of performances in the history of the club and frankly, we deserve to be relegated.

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

what do you want him to do? 

Diallo can't play Romeu's role protecting our defense.  Thomas Frank is currently exploiting Ralph's setup. It's clear they're playing so directly because of our high line.

Edited by Disco Stu

Just now, Saint Fan CaM said:

Enough is enough. Tactically utter shite. There are just too many very poor players out there, but to be two down at 20 minutes against Brentford is a terribly indictment of the awful management we’re witnessing. This has to be the worst run of performances in the history of the club and frankly, we deserve to be relegated.

The fact that we're extremely unlikely to go down implies that we don't deserve relegation at all.

If this is the worst run you've witnessed I envy you.

• Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • stevegrant unpinned this topic