2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Leicester fans seem like they're about to explode. Rodgers has just thrown the club under the bus by saying it's hard to compete when the squad has had 'no help'.

But then in the next interview, to the local press, he throws Soyuncu under the bus by saying that he's no where near the level required which is why they've been playing NdidI at CB. No mention of Vestergaard.

They are in a right old mess, but it was coming. They lived a bit of a golden period, more than any of us could dream of. They're just going back to their norm.

Edited by S-Clarke

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Leicester fans seem like they're about to explode. Rodgers has just thrown the club under the bus by saying it's hard to compete when the squad has had 'no help'.

But then in the next interview, to the local press, he throws Soyuncu under the bus by saying that he's no where near the level required which is why they've been playing NdidI at CB. No mention of Vestergaard.

They are in a right old mess, but it was coming. They lived a bit of a golden period, more than any of us could dream of. They're just going back to their norm.

Soyuncu was quality and rated highly enough to be linked with Barca a few years back, there's got to be a decent player in there somewhere just fallen on hard times.

31 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Rodgers to be the next one out the door? Comments similar to what triggered Parker leaving B*mpey…

West Ham got done over a bit by VAR / ref. Fine incoming for Moyes, I suspect! No need for VAR to intervene to give a marginal call that was not clear at all.

In Brentford v Leeds, Leeds had a clear penalty missed by the ref and VAR didn't intervene.

It's all a bit shit.

Edited by benjii

6 minutes ago, benjii said:

West Ham got done over a bit by VAR / ref. Fine incoming for Moyes, I suspect! No need for VAR to intervene to give a marginal call that was not clear at all.

In Brentford v Leeds, Leeds had a clear penalty missed by the ref and VAR didn't intervene.

It's all a bit shit.

Did I hear right that none of our VAR officials/methods are being used at the World Cup?  Makes sense.  I have seen the incident at Chelsea.  Oh dear

At the end of the day VAR itself is completely neutral. All it does is give the referee more time and more accurate information to make decisions.

The fact they’re still getting it so wrong just goes to highlight how incompetent (or biased) the referees are.

Also Peter Walton on BT Sport must be the most pointless job on TV. I don’t think I’ve seen him contradict a decision once. (And remember him changing to back up a decision turned over by VAR once after backing up the ref)

var is a right mess outside of offsides.

Results in massive inconsistincies in officiating with its backing up match officials across different games rather than trying to establish a consistent.

At the other end of the spectrum you get the random points where it oddly decides to be more much interfering with bad results as today.

Use of monitors is a joke. Just remove them if all they are is a delaying act of theatre.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2022 at 23:49, S-Clarke said:

B18C2CB9-557F-411D-971A-68CC40E12CA0.jpeg

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

At the end of the day VAR itself is completely neutral. All it does is give the referee more time and more accurate information to make decisions.

The fact they’re still getting it so wrong just goes to highlight how incompetent (or biased) the referees are.

Also Peter Walton on BT Sport must be the most pointless job on TV. I don’t think I’ve seen him contradict a decision once. (And remember him changing to back up a decision turned over by VAR once after backing up the ref)

All he ever does is back up whatever decision was made on the pitch. He really is the most pointless, useless “expert” I’ve ever seen on TV. He doesn’t even explain why a decision was made just comes out with a load of boring drivel supporting his mates.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

The Delap thread on the Stoke forum doesn't read too well for him: https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/305490/thoughts-on-delap?page=6

Nice to see we aren't feeling like we've missed out on him!

12 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Leicester. 😄

1 up after 1 minute, 2-1 down after 15.

Delighted. Massive club. 🤣

Leicester starting to have the whiff of a relegation battle around them.

Obviously early in the season still, but aside from the results, the way they’re playing, the attitude of the fans, and the way that even when luck has gone their way, it hasn’t helped, all pointing that way right now.

1 minute ago, JRM said:

I knew they were struggling but surprised at how bad Leicester  have been,  Brighton look like scoring on every attack 

And there is clearly discord in the ranks. Defenders shouting at keeper. Not much togetherness. Not good signs. Pretty bad, and super leaky at the back. Reminiscent of the worst of us last season. 

In my Mum's old house there was a big scuff on a cupboard door. It was caused by me throwing a chair in anger after Leicester got a late equalizer against us after we been 2-0 up and cruising. 1995 I think.

I've hated that team ever since and that scuff would remind me each time. Hope they don't recover from this. 

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 1

It strikes me that Leicester got a little too far up their own backsides, thinking they are always going to be/should always be competing for Europe. That's not just their fans, but the club as well - a little bit full of themselves, like we did under Les Reed.

Big wake up call for them now. What they're doing now is probably more their level, mid-table here and there and getting dragged into relegation battles with potential relegations. They're pretty much identical to us in that sense, they just managed to get success during that period that all other fans of of clubs at their level will never, ever experience. 

It's never nice seeing your team get trashed though, there does seem a bit of a toxic feel there running from the top to the players. Rodgers looks spent, so the immediate change is probably going to be a new manager. I doubt it will get them back to where they were though, that's probably them done competing in the upper ends of this league.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It strikes me that Leicester got a little too far up their own backsides, thinking they are always going to be/should always be competing for Europe. That's not just their fans, but the club as well - a little bit full of themselves, like we did under Les Reed.

Big wake up call for them now. What they're doing now is probably more their level, mid-table here and there and getting dragged into relegation battles with potential relegations. They're pretty much identical to us in that sense, they just managed to get success during that period that all other fans of of clubs at their level will never, ever experience. 

It's never nice seeing your team get trashed though, there does seem a bit of a toxic feel there running from the top to the players. Rodgers looks spent, so the immediate change is probably going to be a new manager. I doubt it will get them back to where they were though, that's probably them done competing in the upper ends of this league.

Leicester are right up against the edge with FFP at the moment, and Rodgers is on a huge contract.

They may not even be able to sack him at the moment.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't have any sympathy for them whatsoever. As you say, the fans have an enormous sense of entitlement. The less said about Rodgers the better.