2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Can't see it being Potter. Chelsea under this ownership seem to have turned into a worse version of Man United. 

They'll want a big name celeb manager - Pochettino seems the obvious one (did he take over from Tuchel at PSG?)

As you say, they'll want a "name". It has to be Poch for me. 

34 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Bonkers, the new owners don't seem to have any sort of plan, £240 million spend but very scattergun, I can't see a lot of those signings being sanctioned by someone like Tuchel. 

They obviously do have a plan, and it ain’t playing like they are.

44 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

They’re not skint, they’re not spending transfer money because of FFP, their owner has said as much.

Also, that development includes a large residential tower block and a hotel so it’s something of a solid investment for them.

2 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Napoli 1  - 0 Liverpool. Lol.

Milner punched the ball in the area. 

I thought outfield players from teams in the North West were allowed to use their hands in their own penalty area...?

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Watching the graphics/analysis of TAA tonight (and in previous weeks), add in the depth at RB in England, he has no business being picked for the England squad at the moment.

Of course, he will be included.

I agree, he's nowhere near good enough defensively for the top level.

He shouldn't play for England at the world cup, I'd have Trippier/James/Walker/KWP all in front of him.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Watching the graphics/analysis of TAA tonight (and in previous weeks), add in the depth at RB in England, he has no business being picked for the England squad at the moment.

Of course, he will be included.

Said it before and say it again, he looks good going forward against the weaker teams and the pundits lap it up, against the better teams he gets shown up time and again, 2 of Napolis 3 goals so far have come down the right. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Said it before and say it again, he looks good going forward against the weaker teams and the pundits lap it up, against the better teams he gets shown up time and again, 2 of Napolis 3 goals so far have come down the right. 

The pundits love in over TAA is just weird. James is just as good with deliveries from the right, Trippiers delivers are really good as well.

But Trent...wow, what a pass, what a cross. STFU seriously. Most over rated player we've had for many a year.

• Like 5

Not sure if anyone else has seen but Antoine Griezmann is on loan at his old club Atletico Madrid from Barcelona.

There’s apparently a clause in the deal where if he plays more than 45 minutes in 50% of games during his loan spell then Atletico have to pay €40M.

Once again tonight, fourth game in a row he comes on in the 60-65th minute. 😂

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Not sure if anyone else has seen but Antoine Griezmann is on loan at his old club Atletico Madrid from Barcelona.

There’s apparently a clause in the deal where if he plays more than 45 minutes in 50% of games during his loan spell then Atletico have to pay €40M.

It was mentioned on the radio the other day. Considering what a financial basket case Barca have become, I thought it was funny. As long as Griezman doesn't throw toys anywhere over only getting that number of minutes. 

3 hours ago, farawaysaint said:

The heck has happened to Liverpool? 

Burnout probably. Their pressing game for the last five or so seasons has been immense. 

We can't keep it up over the course of one 38 game season - they've been playing 60+ games a year.

I also think you're going to see a lot of top sides attempting to get by doing the bare minimum through the first half of the season. Players don't want to get injured before the World Cup, subconsciously or otherwise.

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

The pundits love in over TAA is just weird. James is just as good with deliveries from the right, Trippiers delivers are really good as well.

But Trent...wow, what a pass, what a cross. STFU seriously. Most over rated player we've had for many a year.

James is just the much better player, quicker, stronger, better defensively, can beat a man and still puts in a really good cross. To be fair to Southgate he doesn't pick TAA very often, he'll still probably go but I don't see him starting.

Still think long term he should become a centre-mid, he's got the passing and vision for it and England really lacks quality midfielders.

9 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Barca apparently looking at legal options which is hilarious, you put a silly clause in and then don't expect Atletico to work around it. 

I used to like Barca in their La Mesia days do so well with lots of academy products but they have become a mess and just seem to be doing everything to cheat the system at the moment

15 hours ago, The Kraken said:

They’re not skint, they’re not spending transfer money because of FFP, their owner has said as much.

Also, that development includes a large residential tower block and a hotel so it’s something of a solid investment for them.

Not sure it's quite as simple as that, sure FFP but they've made big losses as a club, plus the owners core business of duty free shops in far east have taken a battering last couple of years. 

Fair play to them if they're investing in long term infrastructure though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11178489/Leicester-City-reveal-estimated-annual-losses-119-5MILLION-highest-Premier-League.html