Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

I’d quite like to see a 433 with edozie and mara as the wide front men.

Bazunu 

Kwp.    ABK  salisu perraud 

Jwp. AMN diallo

mara.      Adams.   Edozie 

this looks solid and exciting at the same time in my opinion and for the players we have available looks a good fit 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Bazunu 

Jwp. AMN diallo

this looks solid and exciting at the same time in my opinion and for the players we have available looks a good fit 

We can dream

5 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Bazunu 

Jwp. AMN diallo

Great to know we have such a line up available this season, and mostly so young! Owners Management team has done well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Yeah unlikely probably but I think there would be a lot more creativity with edozie and Mara then what we get from elyounoussi etc.. and the midfield three makes us more solid there 

I’d like 4123. With JWP taking the central role but just behind the other 2 mids. Also bring the 2 wider in playing 10-15 yards from the touchline but that is just tinkering.

30 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Villa forum in melt down.. Martinez sent home and other two keepers unavailable.one with ruptured Achilles.

Watkins is Ill too … no cash .. great chance to send another premier league manager packing with his p45 

come on saints you can beat this shit! 

We habitually lose to teams that are going through an injury crisis. It’s a Saints thing. 

7 hours ago, mcbendy said:

Ralph in the press conference said a lot about AMN and also said a lot with what he didn't say about him... Those putting him in their starting XIs should have a listen to the interview...

I haven't heard what he said, but  Fantasy Scout aren't predicting him to start. Their predicted line up is:Screenshot_2022-09-16-07-47-41-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.6926e9fd2640497c2a5cae592b0aabd9.jpg

21 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Bazunu 

Jwp. AMN diallo

It'd leave the bench quite bland which is even more important now we have 5 subs to use.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It'd leave the bench quite bland which is even more important now we have 5 subs to use.

Both Armstrongs, Djenepo and Elynounoussi (appreciate he falls into most people’s ‘bland’ category) would feel pretty luxury compared to what we’ve had on occasion!

I'd like to see a midfield of JWP, AMN and Diallo.  Would mean sacrificing (probably) Elynoussi but I'm OK with that.  Back four and keeper picks itself as does Adams so that just leaves two wide positions.  I'd go with Aribo on the right and Djenepo on the left. 

If they have issues over the keeper then there's a temptation to go with Adam Armstrong instead purely because he'll try and shoot whenever he gets a chance. 

Wouldn't be disappointed if either Mara or Edozie start but if not then I hope they get a decent amount of time on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Yes it is Ffs negative twat fuck off

We have conceded 10 goals already, only 3 teams have let in more, no clean sheet etc.  You are factually making it up.

If that is being solid, then......

Edited by AlexLaw76

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We have conceded 10 goals already, only 3 teams have let in more, no clean sheet etc

With almost 50% of those goals being conceded in the one game that we had Stephens and Valery as centre-backs. I would venture our "rear-guard" is now a tad stronger than it was then, however I do apologise for attempting to put a positive perspective across on Saintsweb rather than going for the incessantly negative approach that certain 'characters' prefer to exhibit....

Edited by trousers
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We have conceded 10 goals already, only 3 teams have let in more, no clean sheet etc.  You are factually making it up.

If that is being solid, then......

In fairness we've only conceded 4 goals in 4.5 games (5.5 if you include Cambridge) since moving to a back 4, including games against Utd and Chelsea.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, igsey said:

In fairness we've only conceded 4 goals in 4.5 games (5.5 if you include Cambridge) since moving to a back 4, including games against Utd and Chelsea.

We shall see tonight.  They have been pretty crap, have injury concerns.  We should not lose this (draw would be decent to be fair)

7 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Villa forum in melt down.. Martinez sent home and other two keepers unavailable.one with ruptured Achilles.

Watkins is Ill too … no cash .. great chance to send another premier league manager packing with his p45 

come on saints you can beat this shit! 

Bednarek in goal hopefully, we'd give permission for that in the circumstances!

Edited by Dragon_man

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We shall see tonight.  They have been pretty crap, have injury concerns.  We should not lose this (draw would be decent to be fair)

Kiss of the jinx?  We shall see tonight indeed! 🤣

If all their senior GK's out are they allowed an emergency loan or will they promote a junior?  Whoever's in goal will undoubtedly have an outstanding game, saving everything thrown at him.  Or more likely, Ralph's team selection means a blunt attack and we'll struggle to get a shot away.  No, we really SHOULD be able to find a way to beat this Villa team/manager and I expect us to do so 2-1.

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I had a dream last night that we lost 5-0. That was the realistic part. Things got weird when I decided to vent my frustration at former WWE Chairman Vince McMahon who happened to be wandering around the stadium for some reason.

I hope he fscking said sorry

2 hours ago, trousers said:

With almost 50% of those goals being conceded in the one game that we had Stephens and Valery as centre-backs. I would venture our "rear-guard" is now a tad stronger than it was then, however I do apologise for attempting to put a positive perspective across on Saintsweb rather than going for the incessantly negative approach that certain 'characters' prefer to exhibit....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

No it isnt. 

First 2 games with the 5 at the back 6 goals conceded.

Following 4 games 4 at the back 4 goals and with ABK chipping in with an assist as well.

Id suggest after our initial brain fart with 5 at the back the signs are encouraging we have a solid defensive unit when we play 4 compared to previous seasons.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic