MS

RP

JWP

ID

SA

JA

AA

CA

Let's hope Che has his heading boots on (wait, what's the equivalent of shooting boots for heading?), that Diallo has one of his better games, and that Aribo does something brilliant. The back 5 writes itself right now.

Edited by SNSUN

59 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Train travel now possible thanks to the strike being cancelled. I have some doubts about the game going ahead though. Chelsea v Liverpool on Sunday will surely be cancelled. Will they allow some teams to play and not others this weekend?

I think games in London will be very doubtful with The Queen lying in state and the Police resources stretched to cope with the crowds for that.

The rest will, or should go ahead.

Edited by beatlesaint

22 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

GB

KWP

ABK

MS

RP

JWP

ID

SA

JA

AA

CA

Let's hope Che has his heading boots on (wait, what's the equivalent of shooting boots for heading?), that Diallo has one of his better games, and that Aribo does something brilliant. The back 5 writes itself right now.

Had to have a proper think about who some of them were. Particularly ID and JA

38 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I still worry about us not having enough of a goal threat, or this could be another frustrating 1-0 loss.

Will DCC come straight in? If he does who for? Poss 3 atb ?

I'd prob go:

Bazunu; KWP ABK Sali Perraud; AMN; Elyounoussi JWP Aribo AArmstrong; Adams

I agree, the frustrating defeats to Man Utd and Wolves will continue to happen  in games where we don't take our chances. 

Courtinho to score and be man of the match as he always seems to be against us. 

Our game will probably get quite a bit of focus being first Premier league game since the Queen passed. 

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Don’t know why people are asking if it goes ahead. It will.

Well if people were planning on going to games, it would be quite careless of them to to arrange all their travel and turn up at the ground without checking it's still on.

• Like 3

There’s something about Villa that always makes me feel they’ll be poor for large parts of the game but still find something in the locker to score a goal or two and win. Especially against unpredictable us. I really don’t know what to expect…the break may have worked for us, but it doesn’t usually. Would like to think we can win 2-0, but can see the reverse given our blunt attack. Let’s hope another week with team sharpens AMN’s game and JWP finds his mojo again.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

29 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well if people were planning on going to games, it would be quite careless of them to to arrange all their travel and turn up at the ground without checking it's still on.

They have said no further games will be cancelled due to mourning period. Only way it gets postponed is if stretches police resources unduly, which it won’t in Birmingham on a Friday night.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

They have said no further games will be cancelled due to mourning period. Only way it gets postponed is if stretches police resources unduly, which it won’t in Birmingham on a Friday night.

Where did they say that? Officially I mean.

This was the game that started our horrendous run back end of last season. Seems like we’ve got a bit more resilience about us this year but still lack goal threat as others have said. AMN has to start to give us that power in midfield, probably be quite a dull game, Villa out of form but will see this as a big chance for a win. Expect a 1-1 or narrow Villa win. Would like to see Mara get more game time, he’s got a  bit about him and can open a defence up

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Where did they say that? Officially I mean.

Fair enough I thought I had seen something but found an article that said yet to be decided. Enough furore over last weekend decision so can’t see them going again. As said unless policing is a factor not an out of respect line

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Fair enough I thought I had seen something but found an article that said yet to be decided. Enough furore over last weekend decision so can’t see them going again. As said unless policing is a factor not an out of respect line

I still maintain that a postponement might not be the end of the world. Lavia, Tino etc getting an extra month to recover (with the international break and the postponement that's already taken place) can't be anything but a good thing. Against Wolves, IMO we missed Tino more than we've missed any other injured player in recent times, the space between our midfield and defence was ridiculous (was for Wolves as well tbf, that's why I actually thought it was quite an enjoyable game. I'm in the minority I know).

I appreciate that it's a trivial matter in the grand scheme of things and as much as I'm craving my football fix, this game could be a real six pointer that Lavia could make all the difference for.

Then again, I guess there's always going to be a couple of injuries floating around so maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Banzunu 

Kwp            Abk            Sali          Perraud 

Jwp                Amn

Aribo               Stu                Adarma 

Adams 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Banzunu 

Kwp            Abk            Sali          Perraud 

Jwp                Amn

Aribo               Stu                Adarma 

Adams 

Yep. I have a feeling AMN will do well for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

He can do what he wants on Saturday considering the game is Friday.

Someone had to point that out in the absence of our Pedantry Official (MLG)

I was obviously referring to Match of the day on Saturday evening where he can watch the highlights of his previous nights performance without the fatigue of having played during the day. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I reckon Caletta-Carr is going to play in a back 5.

He offers something for defending and our attacking free kicks and corners and I think Ralph will get him in somehow.

We've looked better with a back 4. He'd be nuts to go back to a 3/5 in my opinion. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic