Man City 4-0 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

On 02/10/2022 at 15:45, LGTL said:

What’s the point. 

Made me laugh................................thats the spirit. Why cant we just forfeit the game, take a fine and Loose 3-0?.............simples. Better than the dreaded double figures.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I’ll be hiding behind the sofa 

I’m playing in a golf competition thankfully so won’t know the score until I’ve finished. In fact I should make it to the bar just in time for final score 🤣

52 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m playing in a golf competition thankfully so won’t know the score until I’ve finished. In fact I should make it to the bar just in time for final score 🤣

I’m on a Golf weekend so no doubt I will be getting stick from all angles - least I won’t be seeking out a dodgy stream.

I’m going with the boy. Went last season and expected feck all and we got a point, and maybe should have, could have won. I am not expecting anything but a sound beating again. I just hope Ralf gets them mentally prepared, as we cannot cave in. 

For me it is about going to a game with my boy, but he is a 10 year old coming on 11, who has a lot of City fans at school, so hoping that I do not lose him to a big club 😞

My main concern that is apart from his first game a 0-1 win at Sunderland in 2017, he has not seen us win, and does not remember that game. The latest have been 

Everton 3-1 Saints 

Newcastle 2-2 Saints 

Man City 0-0 Saints 

Saints 1-1 Spurs 

Villa 4-0 Saints 

Wolves 1-0 Saints 

at least he went to the playoff final and saw the women win a game 1-0. 

We are fully expecting a 4/5/6 - 1/2 score line, but as I said, it’s about the 2 hour journey down, getting lunch, watching football together, but just need a Saints win to cap off a great day with him. I really do fear him becoming a City fan. 

17 minutes ago, Piran said:

Is this a pre-match thread? Or a competition to see who can be the most pessimistic?

Too right! I'm piss*d off because we're only taking an 1800 away fan allocation for this game and that was sold out before it got to premium members. Yes, we could get walloped, yes it could be a standard 4 or 5 - 0, but I reckon there's also a good chance that Ralph pulls a rabbit out the hat and we get a draw. For Saints fans not living on the South Coast who like the atmosphere at away games, we understand we can't always get tickets for the London matches, but c'mon SFC, at least take a full allocation for other games. The atmosphere at the Kingpower this season was fantastic...some places we seem to get a result and this time only 1800 fans will get to see the result of the season!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

I’m going with the boy. Went last season and expected feck all and we got a point, and maybe should have, could have won. I am not expecting anything but a sound beating again. I just hope Ralf gets them mentally prepared, as we cannot cave in. 

For me it is about going to a game with my boy, but he is a 10 year old coming on 11, who has a lot of City fans at school, so hoping that I do not lose him to a big club 😞

My main concern that is apart from his first game a 0-1 win at Sunderland in 2017, he has not seen us win, and does not remember that game. The latest have been 

Everton 3-1 Saints 

Newcastle 2-2 Saints 

Man City 0-0 Saints 

Saints 1-1 Spurs 

Villa 4-0 Saints 

Wolves 1-0 Saints 

We are fully expecting a 4/5/6 - 1/2 score line, but as I said, it’s about the 2 hour journey down, getting lunch, watching football together, but just need a Saints win to cap off a great day with him. I really do fear him becoming a City fan. 

Tell him Saints are the team in light blue.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

Everton 3-1 Saints 

Newcastle 2-2 Saints 

Man City 0-0 Saints 

Saints 1-1 Spurs 

Villa 4-0 Saints 

Wolves 1-0 Saints 

I take my kids and mostly the day is about spending time together, chatting shit in the car, finding a decent place to eat and having a laugh. The football tends to get in the way of the rest of the day!

You say you live 2 hours away. What's your local team? Surely better for your son to support them than jump on the bandwagon of a team 2 hours away that they have no reason to support other than the fact they are currently good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I take my kids and mostly the day is about spending time together, chatting shit in the car, finding a decent place to eat and having a laugh. The football tends to get in the way of the rest of the day!

You say you live 2 hours away. What's your local team? Surely better for your son to support them than jump on the bandwagon of a team 2 hours away that they have no reason to support other than the fact they are currently good.

Yeah more likely to be Newcastle which is 1 hour away, but we do go to Carlisle games, which I would prefer him to support, but it just does not compare to the atmosphere of a premier league game for a 10 year old. 

• Like 1

Trying to be positive...... 

They are in the middle CL games and will rotate for this one and may even rest Haaland. 

If they don't, ABK will have played against Haaland in Germany and doesn't seem like the type to shirk a challenge. 

Their back line does give away free kicks and it's about time JWP popped one in. 

Our record against City is pretty good. 

If we play all our ex City players it might confuse them (ok, am struggling a bit now!) 

But, I'm looking forward to it. Got nothing to lose. It won't be a cricket score. They tend to get to 6 and declare like on Sunday. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Boris Karloff said:

They are in the middle CL games and will rotate for this one and may even rest Haaland. 

If they don't, ABK will have played against Haaland in Germany and doesn't seem like the type to shirk a challenge. 

Their back line does give away free kicks and it's about time JWP popped one in. 

If we play all our ex City players it might confuse them (ok, am struggling a bit now!) 

But, I'm looking forward to it. Got nothing to lose. It won't be a cricket score. They tend to get to 6 and declare like on Sunday. 

You've convinced me enough to put £50 on a 3-1 away win, many thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, berkshiresaint said:

so the game is due to kick off at 3pm on saturday. 

i then believe saints will kick off again at 3.05pm, 3.10pm, 3,20pm, 3.35pm, 3.40pm.  4.05pm, 4.11pm, 4.22pm, 4.30pm, 4.40pm & 4.44pm. 

It'll break our own record then 🙂

5 hours ago, Boris Karloff said:

Anyone know if ABK played in any games v Dortmund last year, and, if so - how did he get on against Haaland?

I really hope we don't pull of some unlikely draw and it delays Ralph's replacement even longer with the owners, we need to act fast and one draw isn't going to mean we suddenly start winning or Ralph has changed his ways 

6 hours ago, Boris Karloff said:

If they don't, ABK will have played 

Haaland is on a record PL home hat trick streak so I can’t see him being rested. Maybe after 20 minutes he can come off after completing his fourth consecutive one. 

Do we have anyone who is willing to go in goal? I don't think it makes much difference who is trying to stop Haaland, so shall we at least protect Bazunu from the mental trauma of picking the ball out the net every 9 minutes. You can see in Gunn's eyes that whenever he closes them he can still see Ayoze Perez celebrating

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

Everton 3-1 Saints 

Newcastle 2-2 Saints 

Man City 0-0 Saints 

Saints 1-1 Spurs 

Villa 4-0 Saints 

Wolves 1-0 Saints 

Leave him at home please. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Do we have anyone who is willing to go in goal? I don't think it makes much difference who is trying to stop Haaland, so shall we at least protect Bazunu from the mental trauma of picking the ball out the net every 9 minutes. You can see in Gunn's eyes that whenever he closes them he can still see Ayoze Perez celebrating

So, basically you are saying we should bring in McCarthy for this thankless task? Maybe not the worst idea in the world.

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Maybe we should get Willie out for this one. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

Maybe we should get Willie out for this one. 

Would get my vote, save Bazunu from any potential backlash from a big defeat,  same for McCarthy as another loss using him helps no one, Willie takes one for the team and always the possibility he pulls off a blinder and everyone’s a winner 

12 hours ago, Boris Karloff said:

For their team to give away free kicks, we first have to try and play football in their half and attack........!

On 03/10/2022 at 21:04, Turkish said:

Your challenge is to get a lower score then Man City. 

• Haha 2

On 03/10/2022 at 21:34, Dark Munster said:

If that doesn't get Ralph sacked nothing will.

Can just picture Nick Illingsworth’s match verdict in n The Ugly Inside.

’Saturday was a free hit.  We should judge the manager on our next game v West Ham rather than today.  At the end of the day, we got as many points for losing 15-0 as we would if we had lost 1-0.’

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Saints will win. It'll be an awesome performance, pundits on MoTD will lap it up, Hassenhuttl will be lauded, Saints will stick with him and then lose the next 7. 

Ever the happy clapping optimist. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Cat said:

What formation do you go with for this?

We have decent enough defenders to play 3 CB's now. 

I'd go with the following:

AM, Bazunu  & Willy

ABK DCC lyanco Salisu 

AMM  JWP  Diallo

Che 

with this team we may be able to stop Haaland from scoring more than 6 against us. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 4-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic